Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chattanooga State Community College

Brooke

It is wonderful!! I always feel safe. Every corner there is a security guard that is on the lookout. Not only do they make you feel safe, but they also make you feel welcome. Every one that you see says "Good morning!" or "How are you?" with a smile on their face.

Kaitlynn

Chattanooga State overall is a safe enviroment that is a good starting point for first time students. At first I did not know what I wanted to get out of school, but Chatt State has a very friendly staff/service that will help you figure out any questions you have about attending college.

Paige

Good Food, Good Facilities. Has a secret cafeteria. Has Disability Access. Has a campus bus to take you around the campus. It also has a lot of cool things.

Ariel

Chattanooga State Community College is one of the best schools in the region. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful, including all the faculty. There is so much to get involved in outside of class as well. The school offers several extracurricular activities away from campus, such as hiking or canoeing, that students love to be apart of during the semester. These activities allows us time for a well deserved break from studying and test anxiety. Also, the school has monthly "Cafe Connection" meetings that students can attend to discuss questions or concerns with professors. Overall, Chattanooga State is a wonderful college. The community is close knit and I feel like I really belong here with my peers.

carolyn

Be sure you go over your scheduling with your advisor. Then make sure you go to class every day. Every day missed lessens your chace of a good grade.

Focus on my grades and not about just having a good time

One who is not willing to put forth the effort to attend and study to do their best. They should be motivated

There is no one way to describe my classmates. They are diverse. Differenent ages, races, at different points in their lives. Some are parents that have the time now to go back and better their lives and their kids lives. Some are high school students just trying to get a leg up on thier education. Some people are at Chattanooga State to get some hours in and transfer, while some people are there to earn a degree in a technical field. My school is wonderfully diverse, while still keeping ties with unity.

I believe that my school is unique because even though it is a community college, the staff is very encouraging. Everyone there wants you to be involved, and they want to give you real life every day skills. In some bigger colleges like state universities (yes i can compare because i went to one) you get caught up in "being in college", where here at Chattanooga State Community college i feel that i am in a creative learning space that is also pushing me to get out into the real world.

I am 22 years old, and unlike most of my friends who are graduating this december, I still have over 2 years left of school. I went to a University, i had a terrible death in my family so i dropped out for 2 years, but now im back. Thankfully! But the thing is, there is no rush. The only thing that is stopping me now is funding to go to school, and i am determined to fix the situation that i am in. So, If i could sit down with my high school self i would say, "McKenzi, If nothing else, breath and enjoy yourself. Stay happy, and optimistic, roll with the punches. Things aren't always perfect, but what is most definite about life is that things will change, emotions and times, good and bad, never stay for long. Enjoy EVERY single moment you have. Stay persistant. Make your goals, write them down, and never let them go." and "Most importantly (and most cliche) just be yourself, and left the love in your heart shine for people to see. You are beautiful."

If I was able to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have quite a few things to say. But the most important thing I could tell myself is not to stress. Just because I may not know exactly what I want to go to school for doesn’t mean I have to choose something right away. It is more important to find a career that I enjoy than to do something I don’t enjoy. I’m young and have a lot of life left in me. There is no reason to stress over it. I did well in high school and I know I’ll do fine in college because I am dedicated to my school work and know how important it is. So just take my time and set my goals to the highest standers and receive the highest degree I possibly can. And always, no matter what, set the Lord first.

Anyone who isn't about to affort a bigger college

Alexander

When I was graduating from high school I was planning on going to a military college but during the summer I realized that I could not afford to go there. So instead I changed late in the summer to go to a local community college and then transfer to a 4 year school. So if I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that you don't have to jump into an expensive four year school. It is possible to start your education at a community college and then transfer, that way you aren't paying high tuition rates and you can work a part time job allowing you to save money for the upcoming years at the more expensive university.

Anyone should attend this school, there are a lot of different majors at Chattanooga State. Also anyone that has to work while doing school because of the flexible schedules.

When I brag to my friends about my school I tell them how affordable it is. How I can get my remedial class out of the way and transfer after 2 years and not have to take out as many student loans.

Heather

Take all the offered classes that you have available that pretains to your course of study. Take advance placement classes when you can.

It offers a Vet Tech course that is close to my home.

I can get the training that I want without having to leave the state.

Brannon

I have been taking college classes since my sophomore year of high school. I have enjoyed the challenge of the extra work and college mindset necessary to complete the work. Now I am getting ready to graduate from Chattanooga State with my Associates Degree to transfer to University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for Business Management. I think back to my senior year of school at Middle College High and I wish i could have worked a little harder for the extra A's on my transcript. The one thing i wanted to do was graduate with honors this May 2010. While taking the dual enrollment classes and attending Middle College high, if i would have worked just a little harder and put more effort into my work i could be walking across the stage this year with honors and that golden sash. But, that will not be happening as i needed a 3.5 GPA. I will be graduating with a 3.45. I almost had it. Now, i will set my new goal for my Bachelor's Graduation for honors in my General Business Management degree.

The worst thing about Chattanooga State is the bad parking. For the fall 2009 semester the parking was so bad off that getting to class on time even with arriving an hour before class was a luck situation. They are still working on the parking as of right now. So every week there is a new part of the pavement that is detoured and tore apart. The inconvience of finding a parking space is the worst thing about Chattanooga State.

Chattanooga State is a well rounded school with academics and has made my first two years of college an enjoyable first two years.

Chattanooga State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.