Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chattanooga State Community College

Alexander

When I was graduating from high school I was planning on going to a military college but during the summer I realized that I could not afford to go there. So instead I changed late in the summer to go to a local community college and then transfer to a 4 year school. So if I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that you don't have to jump into an expensive four year school. It is possible to start your education at a community college and then transfer, that way you aren't paying high tuition rates and you can work a part time job allowing you to save money for the upcoming years at the more expensive university.

Anyone should attend this school, there are a lot of different majors at Chattanooga State. Also anyone that has to work while doing school because of the flexible schedules.

When I brag to my friends about my school I tell them how affordable it is. How I can get my remedial class out of the way and transfer after 2 years and not have to take out as many student loans.

Heather

Take all the offered classes that you have available that pretains to your course of study. Take advance placement classes when you can.

It offers a Vet Tech course that is close to my home.

I can get the training that I want without having to leave the state.

Brannon

Chattanooga State is a well rounded school with academics and has made my first two years of college an enjoyable first two years.

I have been taking college classes since my sophomore year of high school. I have enjoyed the challenge of the extra work and college mindset necessary to complete the work. Now I am getting ready to graduate from Chattanooga State with my Associates Degree to transfer to University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for Business Management. I think back to my senior year of school at Middle College High and I wish i could have worked a little harder for the extra A's on my transcript. The one thing i wanted to do was graduate with honors this May 2010. While taking the dual enrollment classes and attending Middle College high, if i would have worked just a little harder and put more effort into my work i could be walking across the stage this year with honors and that golden sash. But, that will not be happening as i needed a 3.5 GPA. I will be graduating with a 3.45. I almost had it. Now, i will set my new goal for my Bachelor's Graduation for honors in my General Business Management degree.

The worst thing about Chattanooga State is the bad parking. For the fall 2009 semester the parking was so bad off that getting to class on time even with arriving an hour before class was a luck situation. They are still working on the parking as of right now. So every week there is a new part of the pavement that is detoured and tore apart. The inconvience of finding a parking space is the worst thing about Chattanooga State.

Colton

Chattanooga state is a great school, with wonderful professors, and a great learning enviroment.

Colt, This is your future and since your a student athelic your free time will be cut in half. So get your work done first and get you one of those free tutors they offer. after that you can hang out all day and most of the night. O'yeah turn that phone off too so you can do your work, and dont procrastinate ok. Now have a good day and do not eat all the food in the cafe, "bye."

Kayti

My school is a community college mostly used as a buffer for most new-to-college students and continuing education students to earn their degree and make a difference in their life.

I chose Chattanooga State because it is located in one of the prettiest cities in the South. It was also a great way for me to catch up on some core curriculum that I missed out on at my previous institution.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice about college, it would be to focus focus FOCUS! I would tell myself to take my time and not rush through my classes because they matter and they DO make a difference in my overall career in college. I would also encourage myself to take it slow when making decisions about my career, because college is expensive...wasting time taking classes for nothing isn't going to get me anywhere.

ashley

My school is best know for its prices for college. I know that may not seem the best thing to be known for, but in this economy right now it is a good thing. They still have excellent professors and education skills.

My advice to myself would be to study more and to listen to what the teachers have to say because in the long run they were only there to help you not hurt you. It is a whole lot harder and i should have stayed buckled down and studied.

Someone who isa racial person, to me, should no attend Chattanooga state because we have all kinds of race here, which is not a bad thing. You get to know different cultures and their abilities that help them learn, which is so fun.

Marlene

Campus is friendly, especially the bookstore. Professors seem to care about you as an individual.

Use the resources at your campus to assist you in your transition. Visit the career office in your school and learn what resources are available to you in the area of career assessment and the information on resumes and job hunting. Be strategic in your college years, work in realted fields within your major, DO AN INTERNSHIP or TWO! It will help you tremendously along the way.

Christopher

I would yell at myself about the need to do homework even if I can get away with not doing it. Phenomenal test scores don't really do much good when your overall grade has dropped a letter grade or two from not turning homework in. I would tell myself to invest a good bit of time in sports and extracurricular activities instead of trying to get a minimum wage job as soon as I am old enough. I would also tell myself that if I give it my best and for some reason still don't have the grades to get good scholarships, to take my military training very seriously.

I brag about supportive the staff is and how they go out of their way to be accomodating to your continuing education.

Shane

Chattanooga State is a two-year, community college which sits on the bank of the Tennessee River. The school is very student friendly and offers a solid foundation for students who want to transfer to a four-year University as well as a great number on associate degrees for those who want to enter the work force more quickly. The student body is small enough to feel comfortable but large enough to be diverse and create the feeling of a larger institution. The faculty wants their students to succeed and it shows in their professional and helpful attitudes.

Chattanooga State offers a wide range of associate degrees for students who want practical training to start or advance a career quickly and without taking unnecessary classes. For students who want a four-year degree the school has an articulation agreement with local Universities to make the transition from one school to the next as smooth and simple as possible. The campus is rapidly expanding and in addition to the main campus there are numerous satellite campuses for easier access in more remote areas. Chattanooga State does everything possible to make the college experience a positive one for their students.

If it were possible to advise myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would do is encourage myself to go away to school rather than attending a local school. For many teens the idea of moving away from family and being on their own is scary but college is a time of exploration, learning and personal growth. Facing those fears and going somewhere new lets the student reinvent themselves and make a clean break from bad habits or obstacles they may have had in high school. I feel that it is important for a high school graduate to go to college as soon as possible. Many people want to take time off from school and enjoy themselves once they have high school behind them. I have seen too many young people make this decision only to regret it later. They watch their friends graduate and move on to new careers, making more money and having more choices while they are still working for an hourly wage and taking on ever increasing responsibilities and start feeling trapped and too busy to go back to school. College will do more for a young person than anything else ever will.

Kelsey

Chattanooga State is such a great environment because many of the students are returning to school instead of coming straight out of high school. This means that they tend to be more serious about their studies, which leads to a more serious academic environment, which I love. I visited a friend at another college during my spring break and I was so glad to be home afterward! I can?t imagine trying to learn with all the alcohol and partying that goes on at other schools!

I would tell myself that college isn?t as scary as it sounds. All through high school, I absolutely dreaded the college and scholarship application process, not to mention how scary actually attending college sounded to me. I was absolutely terrified of leaving my high school and entering a college environment. It was especially scary for me because I was coming from an all-girls school and I was worried that having boys in class would distract me. But the truth is, boys in college classes aren?t boys, they?re just classmates. They stop being boys when they walk in the door to the classroom. College isn?t a big scary monster. It?s actually a lot like high school. I still sit in the front, speak up in class and study for hours on end. But it?s not unmanageable and it?s actually really fun. I guess what I would say, then, is. ?Relax, Kelsey. You can do this.?

I wish I had thought to submit my AP scores as soon as I arrived?I didn?t submit them until this year and I?ve already taken the classes from which they would have made me exempt! I also wish I would have known to take all my classes on the main campus. The scheduling process can be confusing and I ended up taking classes at three locations the semester before last because I didn?t know what all the abbreviations meant.

Chattanooga State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.