Chattanooga State Community College Top Questions

I believe that my school is unique because even though it is a community college, the staff is very encouraging. Everyone there wants you to be involved, and they want to give you real life every day skills. In some bigger colleges like state universities (yes i can compare because i went to one) you get caught up in "being in college", where here at Chattanooga State Community college i feel that i am in a creative learning space that is also pushing me to get out into the real world.

Layed back

Kayti

I chose Chattanooga State because it is located in one of the prettiest cities in the South. It was also a great way for me to catch up on some core curriculum that I missed out on at my previous institution.

Shane

Chattanooga State offers a wide range of associate degrees for students who want practical training to start or advance a career quickly and without taking unnecessary classes. For students who want a four-year degree the school has an articulation agreement with local Universities to make the transition from one school to the next as smooth and simple as possible. The campus is rapidly expanding and in addition to the main campus there are numerous satellite campuses for easier access in more remote areas. Chattanooga State does everything possible to make the college experience a positive one for their students.

Chattanooga State is such a great environment because many of the students are returning to school instead of coming straight out of high school. This means that they tend to be more serious about their studies, which leads to a more serious academic environment, which I love. I visited a friend at another college during my spring break and I was so glad to be home afterward! I can?t imagine trying to learn with all the alcohol and partying that goes on at other schools!

Chattanooga State has 5 physical campuses throughout the Chattanooga area as well, which means that you're never very far from the classes that you need to take for your degree.