Chattanooga State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chattanooga State Community College

jacob

It’s good but not great. It’s not that big of a campus compared to university which is good but some times it gets a little crowded because of how many students (freshmen) there are. Especially around the first few weeks of classes. Overall I love it and I would recommend it to anyone as a good starting block if you do not want to go to a big college.

I have only been at this school for one semester but so far it has been a great experience. The classes are very hands on and the professors, faculty and students are all really nice. Im looking forward to experiencing more of it, especially the performing arts part.

Kyra

Chattanooga State is the perfect two-year college to get your degree started. The administration strives on making school decisions based on the students needs. Students are encouraged to try out for sports, clubs, and fraternity and sororities. - they're also encouraged to take part in school activities (movie night, halloween fest, latin fest, etc). Classes are also smaller, so students are able to receive more of a one-one education.

Paige

Good Food, Good Facilities. Has a secret cafeteria. Has Disability Access. Has a campus bus to take you around the campus. It also has a lot of cool things.

Tiarra

Chattanooga State Community College has a very nice campus. There are plenty, of morning classes. Though, I wish it was not a requirement to take courses that do not relate to one's field of study. I feel this would prove more effective if students were allowed to take more courses geared toward their field of study. As they would be better equipped and knowledgeable of their selected field. I truly, appreciate that Tennessee Promise can be utilized, at this institution. As it relieves financial stress from students.

Kaitlynn

Chattanooga State overall is a safe enviroment that is a good starting point for first time students. At first I did not know what I wanted to get out of school, but Chatt State has a very friendly staff/service that will help you figure out any questions you have about attending college.

Brooke

It is wonderful!! I always feel safe. Every corner there is a security guard that is on the lookout. Not only do they make you feel safe, but they also make you feel welcome. Every one that you see says "Good morning!" or "How are you?" with a smile on their face.

Ariel

Chattanooga State Community College is one of the best schools in the region. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful, including all the faculty. There is so much to get involved in outside of class as well. The school offers several extracurricular activities away from campus, such as hiking or canoeing, that students love to be apart of during the semester. These activities allows us time for a well deserved break from studying and test anxiety. Also, the school has monthly "Cafe Connection" meetings that students can attend to discuss questions or concerns with professors. Overall, Chattanooga State is a wonderful college. The community is close knit and I feel like I really belong here with my peers.

Grace

It is a great community environment! All the professors are extremely helpful and always there when you need them. Most are very accommodating. Since it is a community college though, there is no campus housing or meal plans. Most are only there for dual enrollment, like me. Other than that, it is a great institution to get a good start for your career!

Mikayla

My experience at Chattanooga State Community College was great! They have a lot of activities and clubs that you can get involved in, and I have met a lot of great people and supportive professors there as well. Class sizes are typically small which gives you the opportunity to get to know the professors well. There is no staying on campus which I believe helps keep a successful educational environment. Chattanooga State helps set students up to be successful through providing mentors, academic coaches, and advisors. I am now transferring to a 4 year university and will miss this college and all of the people there.

Arabella

I think it is a great school especially for people who are looking to save money but still want to be able to get a college education. I’ve never had a bad professor. Overall I’ve had a very positive experience.

Olivia

Great community school, but it is only a 2 year school with no on campus housing. Classes are fairly affordable and they have coupled with some great Universities to make a 4 year degree more attainable, I really appreciate the advisers the most because they are there for you and really do want to help you succeed.

Lydia

I really enjoy the atmosphere. The people are real. We have real conversations. It’s really nice. I enjoy my classes as well. My teachers are all phenomenal and helpful when I have questions. I like being at this school a lot. I’ve definitely recommend it.

Kathie

I like Chattanooga State Community College because it's easily accessible and very affordable. They offer many technical programs as well as programs that allow you to easily transfer to a 4 year college for a bachelor's degree. They have one of the best nursing programs in the state.