Chemeketa Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chemeketa Community College

sonira

Overall a good school to start out at. I got chemeketa scholars which paid for most of my tuition, the professors are nice for the most part. I just go to school and do what I have to do then leave. It would be better if the campus was updated, some buildings need a little bit of work.

Bethany

It's a pretty cheap community college with caring professors and satisfying academics. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a less expensive education. The food is pretty good but kind of expensive however the library is very nice and easily accessible.

It is a great community college, and has great resources. You feel at home, and it is just a very friendly and welcoming community; like family. A great school to get started. The classes and professors are great. I like that there are many different professors to the same subject. It is fun, and something is always going on; a meeting, clubs, or activities anyone can join in on.

Solomon

Chemeketa Community College is a great community college! I've met many great people while attending and almost all of my instructors are awesome. Even the advisors are all really cool! I really enjoy talking to all of them and they are extremely helpful. Great college and very affordable!

Daniel

Chemeketa is a great school. Feels super safe and has a great environment of people. The campus is pretty big and spacious, so there is lots of space for work. Food is provided at pretty much at any price, so no worries if can't pay. Also there is plenty of resources available for free so you can get what you need at almost anytime.

Dieumaitre

I chose to attend a community college because, first all, I did not have any college experience before, and beginning with it gave me the skills needed in order to be ready when I attend a bigger college. Also, as an international student, I pay a lot more money compared to the amount of money a native student pays, but Community colleges seem to be cheaper compared to other colleges.

Shayla

Chemeketa has been my academic home for the first time in 10 years and I genuinely could not have picked a better place to go back to school. I always feel accepted, helped, taken care of, and paid attention to. The professors I have had have been outstanding a truly a game-changer in the way I look at my education. Chemeketa has helped me so much and I am genuinely happy to be coming back next year!

Cindy

Chemeketa Community College is a great place to get your AA or AS degree or a certification. I have felt very welcomed as a returning student and have been impressed with the academics. Chemeketa is a good place to prepare for transfer to a university.

Chandra

My overall opinion of Chemeketa Community College is that it is a great first step to most careers. The professors are usually helpful and nice. They like to help and give an extra hand. I wish it gave a more college experience life. There could be more clubs and organizations to join.

Britny

Chemeketa is a great community college for all types of people. The professors are very kind and helpful and take the time to make sure you are understanding everything. The community overall is very active, I’ve been to several international and cultural events and everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Not bad , classes are decent size the instructors are respectable and are available when needed. I'd recommend it low cost school in state community college I'm transferring abd it's seems the worst part about the school there no help at all quite frustrating.

Leonel

Overall I think Chemeketa is a great campus because there are so many programs offered. I love it because I have built great relationships with people who I can count on with anything I need help with. The only downside of this college is that the nearby housing is expensive, so you have to have a job and get some help from others to be able to pay rent and other expenses.

Katherine

The classes are small so you can get to know everyone in the class and have one-on-one time with the professors! The professors are extremely nice and knowledgeable and the overall environment is that of hardworking students working toward their degrees. Chemeketa Community College has a beautiful campus and plenty of welcoming people ready to help you seek out your degree.

Linnea

Chemeketa has a gorgeous campus, plenty of resources for the students to use, and tons of inclusive clubs for everyone. Chemeketa is a great community college because you get to see the way the arts mesh with the STEM programs, and the way that the writing programs can mesh with the medical programs. It's pretty much a melting pot where everyone gets along and you can meet all kinds of people.

Cassandra

Chemeketa Community College is one of those colleges where you attend and you can be yourself and meet awesome people. Everybody has their own stories and each one of the students will always be there to listen and help you out or there is a lot of staff who is willing to go out of their way to help students feel welcome. Chemeketa makes you feel like your at home. You can study, sit and talk with people, and do anything you need to get done all around campus as it is mostly quiet in each building. I would recommend Chemeketa to those who are going to get their basics done before attending a university.

jaime

Chemeketa Community College is one of the best colleges in Oregon because it's campus is very large, classes are cheaper, and the buildings are very accessible for students with disabilities. The campus at Chemeketa it's very large as well as the buildings which makes it very outstanding. What I like the most about this college is that it's classes are cheaper than in most colleges. In addition, I believe that it's very important to keep in mind that students with disabilities should have a safe and accessible place to study. Chemeketa's buildings are very safe and accessible for students with disabilities which I believe it's one of the best things Chemeketa has done for the community.

Madison

Chemeketa Community College is a supportive, safe college. The teachers are always very encouraging, thoughtful, and ready to help whenever we ask for it. The students interact with each other and there are social opportunities and clubs for students to meet and talk with each other. The variety of classes is vast and the college is a supportive place to be when first starting college and deciding on a major.

Liliana

Chemeketa Community Collage is a well rounded college. It offers fun artistic classes which include drawing, pottery, photography, and ect. They are sporting events one can go to, but are not see as a big deal. The environment at Chemeketa is safe and comfortable. They are a lot of resources offered to help students out. One of the many is free tutoring services. The class is size is a about 20 to 40 students. During the class one can converse with the professor as they lecture, due to the small class size. The professors offer office hours and are available to help frequently. Generally the professors show immense interest in students needs. Also they are helpful and resourceful to students who come in for help. Chemeketa Community Collage is a fun, welcoming, sophisticated collage to attend.

marisol

The buildings are a little scattered around and sometimes hard to find classes. some teachers really don't care if you learn or not, and don't stop to explain for those who don't. the faculty staff is mostly not helping and when you ask for help they let you figure it out on your own, and if they decide that they want to help you they do it forcefully and are mean.

Elise

Chemeketa is a great option for cost conscious students! Oregon State University actually recommends it to potential engineering students. I am from a small town, so this gives me a chance to get more comfortable with college life before going to a large campus. The teachers are great and I just found out I can dual enroll at OSU and other universities.

Tatyana

It is a great school, very diverse and a good community to be a part of. The class size are an average of 26, you feel very safe on campus. Easy accessibility to campus, as well as teachers, counselors, and advisors. We have many clubs you can join and be a part of.

Chemeketa is a great college, and I hope that people don't overlook it simply because it is a Community College. Chemeketa offers many opportunities for scholarships, is readily affordable, and is very accessibly due to its additional campus areas in McMinnville, Dallas, and Woodburn. The class sizes are extremely helpful for students as it is easy to develop relationships with professors and they will always come to know you personally. There are many features inside Chemeketa that make the academics easier from tutoring centers, readily available professors, and study groups for almost any subject. This school cares if you are successful, and they want to see you reach your goals. Chemeketa is a great stepping stone into the college life, and something more people should look into.

Araceli

What I enjoy from "Chemeketa Community College", is that they hold all cultural. Who are treated the same, kindly, and respectfully. They hold so much stuff, that is affordable, and fun. So many things to try out! Like physical defense, very good salsa dancing, and ballroom dancing. They hold lot's of wonderful, peaceful activities. This school is one of the colleges I definitely want to attend.

Brian

I love Chemeketa. They helped me get my GED and got me enrolled in my first college term this summer. Without Chemeketa I would not be where I am today and I really appreciate it. It is an excellent learning environment, and I feel pretty safe on campus. I would highly recommend this school to anyone in the area.

Fernando

I believe it's a very safe place with a very diverse community, and classes are fun. It's a good school to start at and save some money for your first two years of college. I believe students will have a great time attending the school and enjoy a variety of classes and activities on campus.

Elaina

Overall, I believe that Chemeketa and similar community colleges certainly have their place. Chemeketa has made getting an affordable education possible for me. I originally came in on the scholarship program, and the additional foundation scholarships after that have been extremely helpful. I should be able to transfer in about a year and get my intended degree soon after.

Jayza

My college is an effective learning environment with fantastic professors. I plan on going to this school for as long as I can because I truly feel welcomed and cared about in this college. My grades are always cared about and my teachers care about my well being and it always means so much. I always know who is on my side.

Estefani

I think that it is great if you are taking general courses to then transfer and also for short careers. There is also many short technical careers that are great for people that don't to be in college forever. Having those short careers is great because you can decide what you're interested in to then maybe further your education.

Mayra

I love the culture, the diversity, and everything about chemeketa. As a first year and first generation student I was very nervous about staring college. However, chemeketa’s class size, amazing instructors, and awesome peers, I was able to successfully complete my first year.