Chestnut Hill College Top Questions

Meghan

I would say that our campus is pretty diverse. I mean, I came from a predominately white high school in a small town, so at least to me the campus is diverse. I don't think any type of student would feel out of place here if they made an effort to get involved or make friends. However, it's the type of school where since it's small, if you don't make that effort you may feel out of place or out of the loop. Students generally wear jeans and a tshirt or sweatshirt to class. However, if it's an 8am class then you'll definitely find the students in pajamas and sweatpants. But some students do at least every once in a while dress up a tad. Different types of students do interact, again since it is a small school there's really not much of a choice. I'm involved in a lot of activities on campus so I have friends that are jocks, I'm good friends with the theater kids (since I am one), and I'm on student government so I'm good friends with a lot of the students there. Most of the students are from Philadelphia or other towns in PA in the area. We also have a lot from New Jersy and New York, and also a handful from Delaware and Connecticut.

Kelly

When first visiting Chestnut Hill the thing I really noticed that I didn't on other campuses was the way people said hello to me and smiled at me as if I had known them for years. I had felt like I belonged the first time I stepped on campus not knowing anyone and not even attending! Most people are from the east coast but i'm not and I know people from California, mexico, and even australia. There are musical people, athletes, and everyone gets along. I don't think anyone could feel out of place here because everyone is pretty excepting of eachother.

Helena

As much as I've talked about the small community here at Chestnut Hill College, I do not feel like I miss out on opportunities to meet diverse groups of people in any way. Even if you take a walk around campus in the middle of a weekday, you will be able to see how diverse our population really is. I feel this is a tremendous feat for the college, considering the school has only been co-ed since 2003! Imagine, in less than 10 years, CHC has gone from an all-girls school to a co-ed Division II sport school with students from almost anywhere imaginable. I have friends from Mexico, California, Belarus, Ohio, New York, Florida...the list goes on. Any many of my friend are very culturally aware - even if they are Americans from the Philadelphia area! I feel that my exposure to different cultures and religions, the LGBT population, and varying socio-economic groups has not been slighted in any way because of my decision to attend Chestnut Hill College. The campus is so alive with activity and positive energy - there is never a dull moment if you make the most of your experience by interacting with all the different kinds of people on campus.

Chestnut Hill College has a very diverse student population. We welcome all faiths, ethnicities, races, orientation, and bascially anything else you can think of. I have all types of friends that come from different backgrounds. This type of atmosphere leads to a more well-rounded experience and personality. CHC draws from mostly the local area, but we have students from all over the country including California, Conneticut, New Hampshire, Oregon, and more. We even have international students.

Apryl

My classmates are from differernt racial backgrounds, ages & social/economical class.

Simone

My classmates are diverse in age and race with a hunger for knowledge and a desire to make the world a better place by helping others.

Robin

My classmates are extremely outgoing, friendly and helpful.

nicole

The students in the classes how eachother learn about the different topics within the course. Individuals take the courses because they are required for their major and the student may have an interest in the topic.

Rosaleen

awesome and wierd but the i made a good group of solid friends

Mark

The average student at CHC is unrespectful

Altair

My fellow peers are a good diverse group of people. If you come to Chestnut Hill College and are a resident, you will get to know a majority of the campus.

My class mates are goal oriented and focused for the most part.

Beth

My classmates are my peers and friends that will do anything to help me learn and really comprhend the material that was being taught.

DeVaun

My classmates in regard to me are friendly, helpful, and informative.