Cheyney, PA
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cheyney University of Pennsylvania

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Shaquaya

I transferred from RWU to come to CU and it is one of the greatest decisions I ever made. I love my HBCU. We are the first school for higher learning from African Americans and we are reminded that daily and it is a great feeling. Our professors are brilliant and they work hard to make sure the students get everything they need.

Stephon

Cheyney University is what an individual themselves make it to be.

Cheyney University is what an individual themselves make it to be.

The stereotype is that all the students are from Philadelphia, PA which is not true.

The students at the school are friendly and somewhat trustworthy.

Academics are set at appropriate levels for different type of students.

Danielle

Being in college is very stressful. If i can go back in time and sit down and talk too my high school self, I will tell her college is a different ball game from high school. I'll let her know classes are harder and is no joke. Being in class and on time is very important, if your late too class you'll miss out on important announcements / information and you dont want too miss that. But if you dont attend class at all your missing out on alot things but most important your missind assignments. When you miss assigments in college its hard too catch up. I'll also tell her too apply for scholarships, its very easy too apply and the money you'll receive can really help you out during college.

Its one thing about Cheyney University that I dont like is their majors. Im really interested in Physical Theraphy, and Cheyney doesnt have an courses for it. So I'm now I'm currently undecided

What kind of person shouldnt attend Cheyney University ? A person who dosent want a good education shouldnt go too Cheyney. Cheyney University is a very serious college. Its a very small school so its easy for your teachers to get to know you. You'll gain alot of knowledge attend and learn about the history of Cheyney.

Julianne

Going back in time to my high school days, I would tell myself to excel in my classes and study hard. Having a good educational foundation and background will help me to advance professionally as a student. I would also advise myself to take the SAT's seriously and prepare months ahead of time. Excellent SAT scores open doors to financing education. Lastly, I would make myself aware that there are thousands of scholarships available, and to start searching for them at the end of my Junior year, so I will have enough time to polish my applications to perfection.

The best thing about Cheyney University is the small population of students. Attending a University with a small population has the benefits of developing professional networks among professors and other students. The atmosphere at Cheyney University is welcoming and friendly.

Before enrolling at Cheyney University, I would have liked to know about my passion for statistics. During my first year at Cheyney University, I took a statistics course and found my career calling. This is great, but I am already an undergraduate senior. In order for me to be eligible for statistic PhD programs, I need an extensive background of mathematics and computer programming. If I had learned about my passion for statistics before enrolling, I would have completed my Bachelor's degree in four years, however, I will now need an extra year of studies.

jenell

I WOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT MY TEACHERS AND COUNSLERS WAS TELLING ME. I WOULD HAVE TOOKEN SCHOOL MORE SERIOUSLY AND GOT BETTER GRADES.

smoker drinker not about your grADES

Keanna

I have got a since of importance out of my college education. With college you cant get very far in life. I want to attend college to better myself and my family. I want to make the myself, my family, and the world proud. College is one of the greatest things that was created. Getting an education is worth the hard work, the staying up late, and the stressing. Everything will pay off in thre long run. Without and education you cant get very far in live. You can get a good job, you cant take care of a family, let alone yourself. You have to make yourself known you to the world and to the work community and there isnt a better way to do it. Ye ofcourse your going to have to take out some loans but in the end it will all pay off. I wish everyone would take the extra mile and make there dreams come true. I know I am. So in the words or Barack Obama "YES WE CAN" and i know "I CAN".!

Akeithia

I have made some life long friendships. I have experienced living away from home which is helping me transition into being on my own. I have made some very important life decisions. And am on my way to becoming a very responsible adult. College has helped me to become more responsible.

nadea

My college experience so far has been challenging, I have been struggling financially because I am an out of state student. What I've learned so far is that coming to college is an eye opening experience. You are on your own and there is no one here to hold your hand. You have to take the initiative to see about your finances and make sure that you don't take out more loans than you can pay back. It will be the time when you have to grow up really fast and start taking responsibility for your education and ultimately your future. I regret not staying in state for my first year of college, thats what I've gotten so far out of my college experience.

The best thing about my school is the proffessors, they actually try to help you but at the same time they do not hold your hand

Someone who is very strong and not easily distracted, someone who can stay calm in the midst of chaos

Amber

What i have gotten out of my college experience is the feeling of independacy and hands on learning. I feel good that i made it this far to be able to get into college because i have had so many obstacles trying to stop me from getting ahead and i just pushed through without giving up. Me being the first one in my family to attend college is a dream that has come true. I feel as though it was not only my dream but as well as my mothers dream. God rest her soul but i am going further and further to make her more and more proud of me as she looks down at her 1st child setting an example for my younger siblings. College is tough but its worth it because my award at the end is to recieve my degree and have the career in the feild that i am passionate about and that i enjoy doing. I mean, who doesnt enjoy meeting new people and making people feel better and handle situations. The main reason why i want this career is because i know i have been through so much and i can help someone.

Ikhlas

Cheyney University is a techers college. I receive an degree that is now divide into twelve degree programs.

I can view my peer within the educational field as a cohort group of future teachers and leaders.

I got a degree out of my college experience and it was valuable to attend because I am able to help other students and children through academia.

Cheyney University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.