Chicago State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chicago State University

dariana

Chicago State University is a very well rounded college. Students can join multiple clubs and attend events that are really exciting and interesting. Students are able to learn in a very good environment. If a student is struggling with their classes he or she can seek help from our wonderful tutors at the institution. People here are really helpful and would like for everyone to succeed. In my opinion Chicago State University is a family.

Iyana

Chicago State is a vibrant school with a lot of heart. Teachers feel like friends and fellow students feel like family. Problems with state budgeting make it hard for CSU to compete with the bigger schools in the area when it comes to resources and campus technology.

Janaria

Chicago State University Is A Great School. It’s the Heart of the Southside of Chicago. It caters to lower and middle class families who can’t afford to send their children or relatives away to college. However the state of Illinois is in bankruptcy so the university hasn’t been receiving much funding. Our campus is in dire need of major renovations and improvements. I just wish we had the money to do so. Many students in the city of Chicago rely on this university to receive a good quality inexpensive education. Otherwise this is a good institution. Im proud to be a student. The professors are caring and great. They are just a call, email or classroom away. I’ve had good experiences with all of the professors I’ve had throughout my academic career. The university is very safe. I’ve never had any incidents while on campus, leaving or coming to campus. I’m a commuter so I can’t really say much about the housing. However, from what I’ve heard the housing is ok. The food in the campus cafeteria is excellent and there are good prices. The academics and departments are excelling and they are wonderful. My major is criminal justice. I love studying the law and how it works. The criminal justice department is run by former or current attorneys, investigators, judges etc. Having those type of professors give me good references, knowledge about the field of criminal justice and experience on what it is like being in the field of criminal justice. Thank you Chicago State University.

Ariana

It is very nice, welcoming and encouraging.

Lourdes

Chicago State is a good school, it certainly is affordable to my extent. I love Chicago state's classroom size and professors are able to pay attention to many students because the class size is fair, no more than 25-30 in one class. Always maintained at about 20-25 on average. The advisers are great and many people around encourage us to continue our dreams and focus on our goals to graduate.

Majesty

I love the campus and the environment it is very safe and everyone is involved

Elvis

Good but needs a lot of improvement.

Angel

it’s a very good university. There is plenty of room for improvement. We have one of the best pharmacy programs but we can improve on our Biology undergraduate program. The biology labs can be more hands on. And the biological professors can be a little bit more accessible.

Essence

Chicago State University is a beautiful school. Here you are able to be yourself. Also, if you don’t know who you are, you’ll know by the time you leave this school. The student life here is amazing. We are like one big family. CSU definitely rocks.

rosie

I have been going to Chicago State on and off dor years. I can say, there are professors that care about there students more than the job. I can say, there are professors that do their lesson plans. Most of all I can say, I have fortunate to have meet some of the professors that I have. They help change my life for the better.

Monet

My overall opinion of Chicago State University is that it could be better. It is not a terrible university, but compared to the university I attended my first year of college it is bad. The food that they serve for students could better and worth our money. The professors could be more attentive and accessible to students. The university should be more engaging, and open for conversations about scholarships, grades, extracurricular activities, and many other things to help students feel great to be a Chicago State Cougar.

Rasata

Chicago State University is such a nice school. It gives off a comfortable vibe. The staff is so welcoming and the food is great. The classes have a nice size. The college as a whole is very nice and updated. I love how you can walk around and feel apart of the school. I honestly love the school! It has many offers and opportunities. It's great.

shalonda

My overall opinion is that Chicago state is a good college close to family and friends and really gives you that one on on time with teachers. i would recommend it to friends and family that want to stay in state for college. its very friendly and you wont feel out of placed.