Marianna, FL
Chipola College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chipola College

Jack

I love attending this college! The faculty is helpful and actually listen to the concerns of students. The ACE Lab is a great place to do homework, or have tutors help prepare you for upcoming tests. If I could change anything about the college, it would simply be to add more four year degree options so I could stay and attain a bachelor's degree in Political Science.

Great school. It is ideal for getting a great start to your college career. Sports programs are fantastic, our baseball and softball teams were recently national champions. In addition, the academics of the college are extremely prestigious. Chipola was recently rated as a Gold college. A huge accomplishment considering the size of the school. There are so many opportunities and this makes it a perfect fit for any prospective college student.

Whitney

Want a degree? Chipola College isn't the BEST college but they offer degrees and great hospitality! Hungry? Stop by the cafe for a lunch or to simply hang with your friends. Chipola College is committed to its students and community. We take pride in being an Indian. From sports to the classroom, we are all proud.

Mary

I like Chipola College. It's great to have a college around my hometown. Out of everything at Chipola, my two favorite things are some of the professors and the ACE Lab. The professors I have are really great teachers and most of the time, I understand what is being taught. If I don't understand the material, then that is when I go to the ACE Lab. The ACE Lab is a facility where students can go to get free tutoring on campus. All the tutors inside are also Chipola students who have excelled in high school and the classes they have taken and are currently taking at Chipola.

Joseph

Chipola College is the college for me. When choosing colleges, I could not make up my mind simply because of the number of colleges in my immediate area, but I ended up decided on Chipola simply because of the cost of education. When I attended my first class, I found this to be the college that I wanted. Class sizes are perfect, teachers are knowledgable, and education is cheap compared to NWFSC, FSU, & UF.

Jaren

Knowing what I know about college and making the transition, the advice I would give to myself could be summed up in one word: connect. If I could go back to being a senior in 2011, I would focus on conncecting. I would connect more in the work place of engineering and the social life. Engineering is all about connecting and knowing who to talk to and how to get work. As an intern in college, I have learned to build that connection with other engineers because this is how my name will spread. So I would have began connecting in high school gaining as much knowledge as possible to better prepare me for the future. In the social life I think connecting is important because these are relationships that I may have when attending college. More than that, most of the people I graduated high school with, I d not see anymore. So why not connect and invest in their lives more in high school. I do not regret my pre-college and first year college decsions, but some helpful advice as a senior would have been to connect.

Kristen

My school is best known for their very helpful staff and our basketball team. The staff at chipola is the most helpful staff, any questions you have they are more than willing to help you in any way that they can.

I would tell myself to work harder in high school and to get as much college work accomplished a head of time as I can. College instructors are tougher than grade school teachers and they are less likely to care about any assignments you don't have on time. I would tell myself to stay focused and keep up with all of the school work that is assigned to you.

There aren't many bad things that I can say about school, except for the fact that there is very little parking and it would be nice if they had a culinary program.

Cynthia

My school is growing from a junior college to a 4-year college. We have an aswesome baseball/softball teams.

Research the college, their finanical aid, how their programs compared to other colleges, and how to get to and from the college.

I believe that anyone should have the opporunity to attend school. School is a good thing. School is where people start head in the right direction.

Miranda

I suugest that the student feel comfortable at the campus. Take a tour of the school, if you don't feel comfortable, do not go to this school because you will not succeed if you aren't comfortable and focused.

I believe that a person that doesn't want to work hard for every grade that he or she will earn shouldn't attend this college. This is a very good college, they are very academic oriented. So if you plan on attending Chipola College, plan on coming to work hard and earn everything you get.

The one thing that I brag about is when I get an 'A' on a test. I do this because Chipola College is the only college in Florida that has the 93-100 grading scale instead of the 90-100 grading scale. So in order to get an 'A' is a big accomplishment.

Chipola College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.