Chowan University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chowan University

Ronette

I think it’s a pretty great school, very convenient for others to go if need be but the people and counselors seems very helpful throughout and they care about your education which I really like. This school have varieties of this to do sport wise and to help you build on to your career which is pretty good.

Ravine

I've spent one semester a Chowan University and I LOVE it here ! The class sizes are great, its easy to contact professors, and the community is very supportive. I plan on graduating from this university. Only down fall to this school is its kind of in the middle of nowhere, however student parking is FREE so you can bring a car on campus and find activities to partake in. I absolutely love my university.

Kendra

I love my school! the thing I love the most about it is it's size. The university is small so it is more one on one. You actually get to know your professors. Although the price is a little expensive, it is worth it.

Jacori

My overall opinion on Chowan is that it is a good school. I really like that the class rooms are not that big and the teachers are always available with official hours or by email. I would have to say the only thing I didn't like about the schools was the lack of things around the campus to do.

Dernier

From first walking onto the campus you could feel the familiarity of the teachers to the students. They aim to know who you are as an individual not just a student. From my first day of orientation the advisers and teachers came up and asked if I needed help finding anything. The fact that school is a Christian campus is really reassuring knowing that they are there helping me with my education and my faith. Although the school is small and set out in the country, there’s a lot to do on campus. The school has a high campus spirit so at any athletic event our school is the loudest in the stands. Overall the school is what you make it. The teachers are there to help you maintain and stick to getting your degree, and there are lots of other students who are new to the school as well so just speak and introduce yourself and you’ll be fine.

Nikira

I am not going to sit here and tell you that Chowan University is the best school in the nation because it is not. However, if you are looking for a school that has the potential to change your life, Chowan is for you. It is a growing institution with professors that care about your well being. The school will not try to force Christian values down your throat, but there are various opportunities for worship (if that's what you're into).

Cierra

Chowan University is a very small college but you will make great relationships and friendships here that will help build you to the person you are meant to be. Although there is not many stores and shops around you can make any situation fun if you so choose. It is all about how you make your experience not how your experience makes you.

Jason

Chowan University, as it is now named, is an excellent University nestled in Northeastern NC. If you're looking for a place with a lot of social functions outside of campus...this probably isn't for you. However, if you are looking to make lifelong friends and learn from some of the best professors in the business, maybe Chowan is for you. Chowan is a Christian college that does not tell you what to believe and there are students of all faiths and backgrounds that attend Chowan and enjoy it. There's plenty of stuff to do on campus if you just pay attention to the announcements. The downside about Chowan is a lot of people go there who don't even want to be in college and they can bring your spirit down, but there are people like that at every college. If you are a dedicated student and want to get an amazing education, Chowan might very well be the place for you.

Macy

Chowan University is a good school to be at. You can meet and make friends faster and the students are nice. The food service is nice. Class size is small, so your teachers actually know your name. The campus after hours is not that dangerous. It's a good environment to be at.

Nija

My overall experience at Chowan University has been rocky, but life changing. When I first arrived at campus, I was relieved just for reason that I was finally on my own. I had been waiting to get on campus. After the first month went by and I became more adjusted to the college life, I began to hate the school. I thought it was boring, the wrong location to have a university, not a great variety of student life, anything you can name I had a issue with. After second semester ended, I had a better year and I must say, Chowan is a college where you meet life long friends. Just about everyone gets along, the professors have plenty of student:teacher times, and it is a great chill environment. The small town is what blows almost all first year students, but you become used to it after a while. Campus is normally quiet on the weekends, but in the fall and spring you can find students spread across campus throughout the week. From sun up to sun down, there are things to do in between classes-even if it's just sitting out and watching students play recreational sports in our front lawn known as Squirrel Park. It is a Christian school and they do push that out there once you get here, but they do not push you to be a certain way because of this. I do believe if you are a student who is not ready for a large crowd and the busy university life just yet, Chowan University may be a option for you.

Stephan

My overall opinion of chowan university is a pretty good opinion, I believe it is a small school that doesn't have many distractions so as a student you will be able to fully focus on your grades and your athletics if your an athlete. Also Chowan is like its own little community so every one knows everybody which is what make great bonds.

Jaliyah

I love my school Chowan because it's so welcoming when you on campus. Everyone is so nice and opening. Even though it is a pretty small community school, it was the best choice I picked for myself to go to school to. The professors there is really nice and will be there for you whenever you have a question or need help on something. It was easy to make a good relationship with your professor, you wasn’t just a number.

Annery

Chowan university is a small campus in the center of a smaller town. It is a very quiet place with no distractions, everyone is nice and friendly. The atmosphere is calm also everyone knows everyone. There is a lot of history within this town and the natives here are very proud of the events that have occurred here

Crystal

As far as I'm concerned, Chowan is what you make it. If you want a good experience in a rural area populated mostly by older people, you need to come with an optimistic attitude and willingness to make friends. Most people complain because of the lack of places to go and the size of the school, but I like the small town local setting where I know just about everybody. It gives a more genuine and intimate feel, especially with the college staff who are readily available for their students. The class size isn't too large, and the teachers are kind and understanding. The dorms and cafe aren't the best though, so beware; the dorms themselves are okay if you live with people who practice good habits. As far as food, the cafeteria has its good moments, and there are a few restaurants in walking distance that are well worth it. Overall, the school isn't perfect, it may not be the traditional number one dream school, but it's good.

Kennedy

I am a future CU Hawk. I have visited and I actually like the small hometown feel of the campus, the menagerie of the student populous and the frankness of the students I met. The small classrooms will be awesome! I am anxiously awaiting this new chapter.

Brianna

My overall opinion about Chowan University is that it's a home away from home. They welcome you with open arms and make you feel safe. There's never a time where I wasn't able to reach a teacher or any adult for something. They push you to be the best you can be so you can believe in yourself. I honestly can say that Chowan was meant for me to be at.

Regina

It’s a awesome school. The staff helps you and makes sure you stay on task. The school keeps you informed about everything by email and other sources. I just love the school and just enjoying ever moment of it. I am looking forward to the day that I will receive my degree. I will be able to saw thank you to Chowan for helping me to achieve one of my goals in life.

Leeya

I really loved my visit to Chowan University. Everyone was so nice and welcoming . I got to see the nice campus, the classrooms, and dorm room. Chowan University might be the best fit for me. Chowan felt like home to me, and where I need to be . On the college tourwhen they said I did get accepted, I rang this small bell to let people know i was accepted and I felt this was home .

Regina

Great place. Love how everyone enjoy themselves. The Professors are great. I always wanted to go to college and I knew I would enjoy it. But I had no ideal I would enjoy it this much. I look forward to going to school everyday. It’s just a great school to me and I’m enjoying every minute of it.

Crystal

It's a nice school, overall. There really isn't anything particularly special about it, and you might find the price kind of steep for the quality, but I don't regret coming here. What makes me stay is the small hometown feel, the great local restaurants, and all the people on campus who mean well and do what they can.

Ann-Marie

My overall opinion of Chowan University has changed throughout my freshman year. At the beginning of the first semester, it was great experience. Being able to be away from my parents and do my own things was amazing to me. I was able to make new friends and enjoy playing the sport I love. It all changed at the start of the second semester. People who I thought were my friends weren't my friends and the sport I loved to play felt more like a chore than a hobby.

Carlos

I am able to receive the support I need regarding my studies. We have tutoring available which benefits all students. Financial Aid questions are always resolved as well as meal plans. Living on campus has provided me the independence as a young man. Overall students, faculty, and staff are very supportive.