Christian Brothers University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Christian Brothers University

Alexis

The Buccaneers of Christian Brothers University are a diverse group. With this comes a myriad of opportunities to get involved not only on campus but within the community. There are numerous associations ranging from food sustainability to engineering to business groups that all organize volunteer opportunities. If there isn't something that's been established, then it isn't too challenging to start your own. Not getting involved is close to impossible.

Eboni

Its cool. I like it. You should definitely consider applying !!

Joliza

I love it here. I think the class size is small enough for anyone to get to know everyone. People are friendly, and the campus is safe . One thing I think people should know is that anything you could dream about doing is capable here. Someone will always be available to help you make a new club or a new business connection. CBU nurtures and creates success.

Shevonda

My overall opinion of Christian Brothers University is generally good. The academics are great, the campus food is delicious, and the size of the entire college is relatively small. As a result, you see familiar faces either everyday or every other day.

Michael Cedric

Overall, Christian Brothers University is a fantastic university that provides a great environment to foster academic achievement and social interactions. Since it is a small campus, students will be able to meet many people and get to know their professors on a personal level, which is one of the best aspects of CBU. I also like that if you want to get involved on campus Greek life is not the only option with a variety of clubs and organizations open to everyone. Christian Brothers University may not provide all the perks of attending a large, state university, but it makes up for it with a challenging education and close campus community.

Ben

Great school

I really love going to Christian Brothers because the teachers genuinely care about their students and want to see them succeed. I have had teachers randomly come up to me and ask if I am doing okay and how my assignments are going. I also like the intensity of the education; I feel like I get smarter every day! My teachers are really engaging and are very knowledgeable about their topic of study. The campus is also really tolerant of everyone and has very diverse students clubs. For example, there are religious clubs for Muslims, Christians, Jews, and Catholics as well as clubs like the Gay-Straight Alliance.

Christian Brothers is the best place for those who want to keep it small and simple, which is very admirable for a university who prioritizes academics over sports. The student to teacher ratio allows for a 1 on 1 private interaction in case a student needs extra support/help after hours. The activities on campus are plentiful for athletes or people who just want to get involved and offers a diverse assortment of programs.

Sydney

I love my school so much. The professors are absolutely amazing and easy to talk to. The students here are also very easy to get along with and friendly. The staff is super nice as well. They keep the school clean and tidy. I always feel safe and would not trade my school for anything.

Maddison

Christian Brothers University is a joke! The softball team smoke marijuana and prostitute themselves on road trips when they're not drunk. The coach is smothered in naivete. Brian Summers looks like he's always snorting a bump of cocaine after he allows his athletes to run amuck and literally do whatever they want. He fires coaches who speak out against his racism and tolerance for "the brothel" that are CBU athletics. The facilities are worse than every local middle school and the baseball team are allowed to call HBCU visitors "niggers" whilst in competition. The basketball teams drink on the bus on road trips and Summers fires any bus company that doesn't allow such illegal activity. If you value your child's morality and future then keep them away from the rape-mill that is CBU. Girls are terrified to walk alone on campus because they are preyed on by sexual predators. The actual Christian Brothers are old as dirt and useless. This school is a community nuisance and needs to be shut down pronto.

colonel

Well I walked into this school and a bunch of men in suits started praying that a demon would leave. I looked around to notice that they were praying for me. I asked one of them to tell me why and he immediately said "You do not know da wae my bruddah." I replied, "My bruddah Satan is da wae my bruddah. You must have Ebola to know da wae." He said back' "You need to tell da commanda." So i journeyed to the high priests office and he told me'"You do not know da wae my bruddah and started clicking. Everyone gathered around me and said i was their queen and to show them da wae. I led them off a cliff and this college is closed.

Shauntelle

Christian Brothers University is an extremely tough school. Depending on your major and abilities, you may or may not struggle with grades. People on campus tend to be very friendly though, especially the staff working in the cafeteria and the Buc. Overall, it is a very hard school with nice people.

Serena

Christian Brothers University is a small-knit community that allows great academic and career opportunities. Teachers are always available to help you understand the course material even outside of class. It's also really easy to get involved on campus.

Leroyia

Its a good school for small size classes to have that one-on-one with teachers. The school has labs dedicated to tutoring students in different subjects such as math, helping with essays, and understanding science subjects. The school has a lot of things to do around campus and near the school since it in mid-town near the center or all the event places. The school also provides opportunities to get a job on campus.

Essence

I like the school. It is very welcoming for it to be a private school. They help you as best as they can to provide you with financial aid. They are really good advocates for entering freshman. I was a little scared to enter the college life, but CBU eased me some.

Victor

Overall, Christian Brothers University has been a pleasant experience. I feel safe walking trough the campus, and I enjoy the people since we are such a close-knit community. On the downside, the food is not exactly Gordon Ramsay quality. In fact, it's about on the level of high school cafeteria food.

Christopher

Overall, even though it has been about 4 months now, I am having a better time in CBU than any other school I have been in. CBU helps students realize their goals and strives them to go after it while receiving aid from many sources. Outside from academics, everyone is having a fun time as well. Some students participate in groups mainly to grow as a person. The one thing I do not like about CBU is lunch. I feel like quality should improve. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Maranda

Its a pretty good school for those we live in the Memphis area. I would suggest alongside the UofM. There are a lot of activities to be done and things to do. The food is fair and the professors are pretty nice. It doesn't feel dangerous there either. Everyone is pretty friendly there as well.

Kiara

I love Christian Brothers University. Being on campus is like being with your family. No matter where you go, there is always a friendly and familiar face. The classes are smaller, which allows for you to get to know your peers as well as the professors. The professors are very personable and will do whatever they can to help you.

I love Christian Brothers University so much! I have met life time friends joined greek life and have started my educational foundation at an excellent university. I am an English for Corporate Communications major and a second semester freshmen and have already been placed in an internship.

Carissa

Christian Brothers University is an outstanding school. A very large campus, but the classrooms are just perfect for student learning. Professor's offices are open at least 10 hours per day and I find this a very great opportunity for students who may have questions or need help. I am a future freshman and I look forward to my experience at CBU!

CBU is a great, close-knit community of like-minded people pursuing a higher education. With a very active Greek life, as well as many other activities, you will never be bored on campus. I couldn't have asked for more from an academic institute. P.S. definitely check out the cafeteria.

Mackenzie

Overall, Christian Brothers is a great school, with great staff, and great student atmosphere. The professors are always available and care for your education and well-being. It is a liberal arts college, and the best school is the engineering department. I am proud to be a student and a student-athlete. GO BUCS!

Elaina

I love the atmosphere of not only the school, the City of Memphis too. The size of the campus is perfect for someone who wants a home like atmosphere. All of the on campus housing is within a 5 minute to the academic buildings. No matter where I go, there is always someone I know, or someone I can talk to on my ways to class. It not only the size, but the amount of the opportunities that are available for the students is unreal. By getting a degree at Christian Brothers University, I will have a very well-rounded resume, and memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Alandria

Christian Brothers University is an over the top school. The community goes beyond the classroom and the school is like one big happy family. Professors have time to connect with all students and the academics are outstanding. Additionally, the school is highly involved in many community service projects.

lanie

DO NOT GO HERE!!! i attended for a semester, and was promised a full ride. when i went to enroll to classes for my second semester, must to my dismay, they told me i had an outstanding balance from the previous semester of almost two thousand dollars! this made no sense, because if i had an outstanding balance, and never set up a payment plan, i should not have been able to attend the first semester. i am a first generation college student, and i made it very clear to them from the start that i had no idea what i was doing (as far as applying, financial aide, etc.), which i deeply regret looking back. because of this, when i found out about the money i owed i brought my friend's mom with me to help, since shes much more educated than anyone in my family. the whole time they kept repeating things that didn't make sense, until my friend's mom started using legal terms. then their entire demeanor changed. I am fully convinced they took advantage of my lack of awareness. I thought it was just a one time thing, but not long after, it happened to a friend of mine who also went there. in addition, the dorms are absolutely disgusting (mold, trash from previous inhabitants, broken ac, broken toilets.. the list goes on) and there's always people repairing the campus, because they spend the smallest amount of money possible, and none of the repairs last. i also learned very little in most of the classes i took, as the professors were extremely lazy, and did the absolute bare minimum. this place is run by money hungry people, who scam uneducated kids in the name of their god. and to top it all off, its located in the middle of the ghetto, and several student got robbed on/near campus :)