Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

kelsey

It's small, and all the credits you get from Cincinnati State will transfer to 4 year colleges, which is nice.

I would tell me that college is an amazing experience, do my work I need to get done to graduate and try my best so I can get the best grades possible. I would also tell myself to get off my butt and get to work, stop slacking off, college isn't as bad as you think, it's a great experience to have. Also, to really think about what I want to go to college for, don't jump the gun.

I think anyone and everyone can attend this school. It has great academics and different clubs. And they have class all throughout the day so if you work in the mornings you can take evening classes or if you work at night you can take morning classes, very flexible

Cincinnati State is a college that anyone at any age with an open schedule or busy schedule can attend and gain the degree they are searching for.

If I could talk to myself back in high school and tell myself something, there is one HUGE thing I'd warn myself about. I thought it would be a great idea to take a year off and save money. I have learned that it was not a good idea at all and that it was much better to jump right into the college life. I would also warn myself about my spending habits and that I would need to change them so I could have enough money saved up. And the last thing I'd tell myself is to apply for scholarships back than and not wait until now to just start. It would probably save myself a lot of time and stress later on.

If a person wants a more dorm type enviornment than Cincinnati State is not for them

Tiffany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college life is not just for the people who have it all figured out and that Cincinnati State offers plenty of degree and certificate programs for everyone who is interested in just getting started and that I certainly wouldn't have to make my mind up right then and there about what I want to be when I grow up, just to get started, and explore the options that the school offers.

I wish I had known how easy it is to get started in a degree program. If I had known how easy the process of getting my books, aid, and registering for classes, I would have enrolled years ago.

I don't believe there is a person who should not attend Cincinnati State. In fact, I am proud to say my school offers a solid foundation for everyone who is interested in applying themselves so that one's future can be better. If a person starts their academic studies at Cincinnati State, and finds that they are not ready for school, at least they have a taste of what college is, and can come back when they are ready. The diversity of students and classes offered, along with the low cost, makes my school accessible to everyone.

Rochelle

I would advise to understand research techniques, have good writing skills and know how to take notes what information to write down in a lecture.. Make sure to take college prepardness classes adapt to the new learning skills. It would be advantageous to enroll in as many college level classes as possible while enrolled in high school. Summer school is a plus from the end of ninth grade. General Education in high school classes in summer are accelarated and easier. It also frees up time to complete College prequisite classes. It is very important to visit colleges and have an idea of the profession you are going to experience. Review as many catalogs from colleges of interest to make sure credits are transferrable to other Universities. Schedule visit to speak with a counselor ask any other questions. Gather and complete Financial aid as soon as possible. Research scholarships available. Purchase note cards, laptop, paper, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc. Secure housing and transportation issues.

Bennitta

I would tell myself get ready for the best time of your life. You will meet great professor like Dr. Dungey who will make you think about life in a whole different way, and make you want to learn more. You will have professor who will make a lasting impression on you. There will be those professors that you will pray to God you don't see again. People will try your patience and treat you unfair, but don't worry about it you will get over it and be a better person for it. You will also meet 4 of your best friends that you will have for life. You will find love and you will lose love it. The most important thing I would tell myself is don't take out student loans. Apply for all the scholarship you can because you will be paying for student loans until you are 100.

I believe that a person who is not ready for a big universityshould attend this school. A big university may overwhelm some student and they are not ready to go away from home. This is a good school for people who want to go to school and don't want the big college feel and want to stay at home. It is also great for people who are older and want to go back to school and finish a program they started or want to change careers and start a new program. This school is great .

I brag about the program i am. The new building they built for the pastry program is nice and it has a bakery in it. When we bake the good they are sold at Bakery Hill in the school. I tell them we have world class Chefs working at the school.

Jill

I personally felt it was important to have a year off of school directly following high school. Unfortunately, that one year turned into many years. I got comfortable in a work environment, and began to rely on the money that came along with working. Being unable to attend college full-time, and work the job I had full-time, I allowed working to become my main concern. Knowing then what I infact know now, I would have returned to further my education immediately after high school. That would be the only advice I could give my past self. The importantance of furthering you education is more important than any job you could receive directly out of high school. It is one of my main regrets in life, and I wish I would have know the importance then.

Any person not willing to put forth work to obtain their education. Going to Cincinnati State is wonderful, but don't intend on people doing any of the work for you. It is a multi-step process that is not necessarily easy. If you are easily discouraged by constant additional steps in the college process, this would not be a good school for you.

I feel the most frustrating thing is people not genuinely being concerned with your education. I feel the staff, for the most part, are overwhelmed with the amount of students they are required to meet with. The lack of one on one concern is the most frustrating part of attending Cincinnati State.

David

I think people if given the opportunity would love to go back in time and set many paths previously chosen to a different course. I made the decision to go into the Army after graduating high school. I wasn't sure what career to seek out but did feel the need to defend our Country. Going back in time I would advise myself to make better choices when joining the army such as guaranteed paid college education when my time was finished. One minute I was in the middle of Desert Storm as a Bradley mechanic and the next I was being honorably discharged for an injury. After two years I had no viable skills and no bridge towards education. Upon returning home I hid from the experience by buckling down and working at mediocre jobs. If I could go back and make different choices I would tell myself to forget the past, focus on the present, sign up for school, and have faith that a career path will show itself. Even though I would have made different decisions, the ones I did make created the man I am today, and with that I am content.

As a new student to Cincinnati State I 'm finding things to brag about with every visit. The most impressive feature is the assistance provided by the faculty and staff to ensure that I am successful. I have been out of school for twenty years so I was intimidated and fearful of returning. They have given me the confidence and guidance I need to complete my goals. If you are unsure of a career path, whether or not you are eligible for financial aid, questions on childcare assistance, or simply what?s for lunch, Cincinnati State is there for you.

Cincinnati State has a lot to offer men and woman of all ages. The types of student that may not fit in as well are ones that are seeking a big city type campus. The student body consists of young adults through seasoned seniors. Classes are small and intimate and the campus has a professional serious tone. Students looking for the loud hype of a big city school and the camaraderie of a fraternity or sorority may be disappointed.

Corrine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would have told myself to focus on school first, while its a main priority and if it's possible go away to college to get the full experience. When I was graduating high school I didn't want to move away from home so therefore I don't feel that I received the full college experience and I let other things in my life take priority over my classes such as boys, now that I'm married and I really want my degree I have to balance work, school and married life, which isn't an easy task. I would also tell myself to attend class, it may feel that it's a waste of time however in the end if you aren't in class there's so much you miss and then you are constantly trying to catch up to where you should be. Lastly, I would say "enjoy it!" Every moment in college is a new experience with new things to learn and life changing experiences that nothing will ever take the place of. Be filled with memories!

Before I started college at Cincinnati State I wish I would have known better time management skills, layout of the college better, the workload that would be placed on each student during each quarter, where the learning services departments are located, and also which professors are the best so that I could have signed up for their classes before getting stuck in a not so great class.

The most frustrating thing about the school is parking on main campus is five dollars unless you have a surge card with parking activiated on it. I think this is rediculas especially if all I need to do at main campus is purchase books, I shouldnt have to pay five dollars to park for twenty minutes!

danielle

When I was a senior I felt like I had dedicated my life to my education for the last 13 years, and I was determined to take the next year to myself. In that year, I managed to completely destroy everything I had worked for in those 13 years. I graduated with 3 full ride scholarships and the world at my feet. After only one year of being on my own I managed to develop a cocaine addiction, have a child out of wedlock, completely isolate myself from all my friends and family and completely destroy my credit. My advice to myself as a high school senior would be to stay on track, stay in school, and make my life as successful as possible so that when I was ready to have children, I would be able to provide him or her with the life and the mother that he deserves. I am and will be working very hard and for a very long time to repair the damages I've done and in retrospect, none of it was worth it.

I have a poor sense of direction so i would suggest going online or obtaining a map of your new college prior to your first day on campus. My college is built on or actually into a hillside making for a very frustrating first day. Also, for safety and security reasons, it is good to know where you are going. Knowing where you are and where you are going also relieves some of the stress of starting school and being in a new place. Familiarize yourself. This is your home for the next 2 to 4 years.

The college I chose is very conducive to my educational needs, so I would say the only thing I really struggled with was finding my way around campus. The maps that are posted around campus are very vague and are all upside down. Also there are beautiful landscaping stuctures and what feels like a million flights of stairs to climb to get anywhere. I feel like maybe I should just take a day to walk around and figure it all out.

Robert

If I could go back into time to when I was a senior, I would of told my younger self to work hard and turn in work on time, work ahead of the class, manage my time better with my free time, focus, save my money and study. One thing I did in college that I could tell myself was to sit in the front of the class. The reason for this is because paying money for a college education is not cheap and it is not one dime I would want to go to waste , so sitting in the front of the class is to learn all I can. Every penny is valuable in college and any money to help would be great. Never give up!

I wish I had known about time managment, quickness of the terms, which kind of learner I was and how easy it is to be distracted to do homework with all there is to do. Now since I been in college I have just started to control my schedule between friends, homework, and my job. I ended my first term of the year with a 3.00 GPA. I will be striving to do better because I know I can.

A person that does not have enough money to pay his/her way though school and still get a good education and is still able to transfer to a 4 year college and finish without having a lot of student loans

Cincinnati State Technical and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.