Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

Bennitta

I would tell myself get ready for the best time of your life. You will meet great professor like Dr. Dungey who will make you think about life in a whole different way, and make you want to learn more. You will have professor who will make a lasting impression on you. There will be those professors that you will pray to God you don't see again. People will try your patience and treat you unfair, but don't worry about it you will get over it and be a better person for it. You will also meet 4 of your best friends that you will have for life. You will find love and you will lose love it. The most important thing I would tell myself is don't take out student loans. Apply for all the scholarship you can because you will be paying for student loans until you are 100.

I believe that a person who is not ready for a big universityshould attend this school. A big university may overwhelm some student and they are not ready to go away from home. This is a good school for people who want to go to school and don't want the big college feel and want to stay at home. It is also great for people who are older and want to go back to school and finish a program they started or want to change careers and start a new program. This school is great .

I brag about the program i am. The new building they built for the pastry program is nice and it has a bakery in it. When we bake the good they are sold at Bakery Hill in the school. I tell them we have world class Chefs working at the school.

Jill

I personally felt it was important to have a year off of school directly following high school. Unfortunately, that one year turned into many years. I got comfortable in a work environment, and began to rely on the money that came along with working. Being unable to attend college full-time, and work the job I had full-time, I allowed working to become my main concern. Knowing then what I infact know now, I would have returned to further my education immediately after high school. That would be the only advice I could give my past self. The importantance of furthering you education is more important than any job you could receive directly out of high school. It is one of my main regrets in life, and I wish I would have know the importance then.

Any person not willing to put forth work to obtain their education. Going to Cincinnati State is wonderful, but don't intend on people doing any of the work for you. It is a multi-step process that is not necessarily easy. If you are easily discouraged by constant additional steps in the college process, this would not be a good school for you.

I feel the most frustrating thing is people not genuinely being concerned with your education. I feel the staff, for the most part, are overwhelmed with the amount of students they are required to meet with. The lack of one on one concern is the most frustrating part of attending Cincinnati State.

David

I think people if given the opportunity would love to go back in time and set many paths previously chosen to a different course. I made the decision to go into the Army after graduating high school. I wasn't sure what career to seek out but did feel the need to defend our Country. Going back in time I would advise myself to make better choices when joining the army such as guaranteed paid college education when my time was finished. One minute I was in the middle of Desert Storm as a Bradley mechanic and the next I was being honorably discharged for an injury. After two years I had no viable skills and no bridge towards education. Upon returning home I hid from the experience by buckling down and working at mediocre jobs. If I could go back and make different choices I would tell myself to forget the past, focus on the present, sign up for school, and have faith that a career path will show itself. Even though I would have made different decisions, the ones I did make created the man I am today, and with that I am content.

As a new student to Cincinnati State I 'm finding things to brag about with every visit. The most impressive feature is the assistance provided by the faculty and staff to ensure that I am successful. I have been out of school for twenty years so I was intimidated and fearful of returning. They have given me the confidence and guidance I need to complete my goals. If you are unsure of a career path, whether or not you are eligible for financial aid, questions on childcare assistance, or simply what?s for lunch, Cincinnati State is there for you.

Cincinnati State has a lot to offer men and woman of all ages. The types of student that may not fit in as well are ones that are seeking a big city type campus. The student body consists of young adults through seasoned seniors. Classes are small and intimate and the campus has a professional serious tone. Students looking for the loud hype of a big city school and the camaraderie of a fraternity or sorority may be disappointed.

Corrine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would have told myself to focus on school first, while its a main priority and if it's possible go away to college to get the full experience. When I was graduating high school I didn't want to move away from home so therefore I don't feel that I received the full college experience and I let other things in my life take priority over my classes such as boys, now that I'm married and I really want my degree I have to balance work, school and married life, which isn't an easy task. I would also tell myself to attend class, it may feel that it's a waste of time however in the end if you aren't in class there's so much you miss and then you are constantly trying to catch up to where you should be. Lastly, I would say "enjoy it!" Every moment in college is a new experience with new things to learn and life changing experiences that nothing will ever take the place of. Be filled with memories!

Before I started college at Cincinnati State I wish I would have known better time management skills, layout of the college better, the workload that would be placed on each student during each quarter, where the learning services departments are located, and also which professors are the best so that I could have signed up for their classes before getting stuck in a not so great class.

The most frustrating thing about the school is parking on main campus is five dollars unless you have a surge card with parking activiated on it. I think this is rediculas especially if all I need to do at main campus is purchase books, I shouldnt have to pay five dollars to park for twenty minutes!

danielle

When I was a senior I felt like I had dedicated my life to my education for the last 13 years, and I was determined to take the next year to myself. In that year, I managed to completely destroy everything I had worked for in those 13 years. I graduated with 3 full ride scholarships and the world at my feet. After only one year of being on my own I managed to develop a cocaine addiction, have a child out of wedlock, completely isolate myself from all my friends and family and completely destroy my credit. My advice to myself as a high school senior would be to stay on track, stay in school, and make my life as successful as possible so that when I was ready to have children, I would be able to provide him or her with the life and the mother that he deserves. I am and will be working very hard and for a very long time to repair the damages I've done and in retrospect, none of it was worth it.

I have a poor sense of direction so i would suggest going online or obtaining a map of your new college prior to your first day on campus. My college is built on or actually into a hillside making for a very frustrating first day. Also, for safety and security reasons, it is good to know where you are going. Knowing where you are and where you are going also relieves some of the stress of starting school and being in a new place. Familiarize yourself. This is your home for the next 2 to 4 years.

The college I chose is very conducive to my educational needs, so I would say the only thing I really struggled with was finding my way around campus. The maps that are posted around campus are very vague and are all upside down. Also there are beautiful landscaping stuctures and what feels like a million flights of stairs to climb to get anywhere. I feel like maybe I should just take a day to walk around and figure it all out.

Robert

If I could go back into time to when I was a senior, I would of told my younger self to work hard and turn in work on time, work ahead of the class, manage my time better with my free time, focus, save my money and study. One thing I did in college that I could tell myself was to sit in the front of the class. The reason for this is because paying money for a college education is not cheap and it is not one dime I would want to go to waste , so sitting in the front of the class is to learn all I can. Every penny is valuable in college and any money to help would be great. Never give up!

I wish I had known about time managment, quickness of the terms, which kind of learner I was and how easy it is to be distracted to do homework with all there is to do. Now since I been in college I have just started to control my schedule between friends, homework, and my job. I ended my first term of the year with a 3.00 GPA. I will be striving to do better because I know I can.

A person that does not have enough money to pay his/her way though school and still get a good education and is still able to transfer to a 4 year college and finish without having a lot of student loans

Tori

Cincinnati State has some of the most challenging and engaging technical programs in the state, and also has one of the highest post-graduation job placement rates in the state. The technology available to the students is both abundant and advanced, unlike other community colleges I have visited. I feel as though my fellow students truly take pride in the accomplishments they make academically and are able to make connections with the faculty. As a first year Surgical Technology major, the dedicated faculty of the ST program have been incredibly invaulable, providing the knowledge and respect essential to my success.

The message I would truthfully convey to my younger self would be to not take my education for granted. As a high school senior in 2002, I was given the opportunity to attend a local community college with a full-ride scholarship based on my academic performance. At the time, I took this gift for granted; I had not yet declared a major, which was not unusual for many undergraduate students, but I also did not have a plan for my success. During my second year at this particular school, I still had not met with an adviser and had made a plan for myself or my future. I flunked a course and dropped the rest, and as a result I lost my scholarship. Until last year, I had not found the strength to return to school and rediscover my passion for education and acheiving my goals. It was a long road to get back to square one, having to re-take classes at the college level that I had excelled in during my high school career, but it has been the best decision of my life. Now, I would tell myself to stay focused and not lose my ambition!

I love Cincinnati State, but it seems like many of the students are not involved in any on-campus activities. I know there are clubs and organizations to join, but it doesn't seem like they are active in engaging the student. As a member of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, I will occasionally get an e-mail every couple of months from the national PTK organization annoucing discounts on their merchandise online. It's disheartening to know that I'm a member of this great group of talented students and nothing's ever going on!

My classmates are a mixture of working adults returning to school after taking some time off and students who recently graduated from high school looking to get through school at a lower cost.

If I could go back and have a conversation with myself as a high school senior I would first emphasize how much easier it is to go to college straight from high school. There is much more help and advice available while in high school than after graduation. I would recommend going to school outside of my hometown to eliminate some of the distractions of friends who decided not to attend college. It would offer a new area and a chance to better discover myself surrounded by a new group of people. I would also make it a point to explain why it is okay to take out loans to help cover the costs of doing this. Furthing my education is the best investment I could make and the increased income upon graduation would make it easy enough to pay off in the end. But most importantly, I would tell myself to do it for one reason, myself. Self-motivation is much more important than going to school because an outside person is pushing for it.

It is sometimes hard to get into classes that you need at a time that is available because the most popular times offered always fill up fast.

Kelly

I would tell myself to take college more serious. Don't take it lightly and make it a priority because it is harder when you are older and have a family. I wish I would have stayed in school and I could have had my degree and be working in a great job right now. Instead of trying to raise two kids and going to college. Definity go right to college right out of high school without taking a break that will just make you not want to go. Really be determined to make something of your life. Don't give up you can do it.

I really like the small classes. The professors all seem to really care. They are all willings to help in any way you need them to.

Danielle

If I was given the chance to go back and speak to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to not worry about what I want to be so much as what I enjoy. Looking back I am on my 4th major and working on two different ones. It's never about what you think will be the easiest degree which was what I was going for. It's about what you enjoy learning about. I would also tell my self to not rush adulthood. Stay at home and go to school full time so that when I finally hit sophomore level I am not turning 23. College is alot different in many aspects but the biggest one I saw was the difference in how much the teachers put on you to succeed. In highschool the only reason I passed was because the pressed me. In college they only press so far. I would defenitlaly tell myself to put more effort into paying attention in class then of making friends. Also not to be nervous because your not alone when you get there. Everyone is going through the same things and to have fun.

Cincinnati State Technical and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.