Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

Robert

If I could go back into time to when I was a senior, I would of told my younger self to work hard and turn in work on time, work ahead of the class, manage my time better with my free time, focus, save my money and study. One thing I did in college that I could tell myself was to sit in the front of the class. The reason for this is because paying money for a college education is not cheap and it is not one dime I would want to go to waste , so sitting in the front of the class is to learn all I can. Every penny is valuable in college and any money to help would be great. Never give up!

I wish I had known about time managment, quickness of the terms, which kind of learner I was and how easy it is to be distracted to do homework with all there is to do. Now since I been in college I have just started to control my schedule between friends, homework, and my job. I ended my first term of the year with a 3.00 GPA. I will be striving to do better because I know I can.

A person that does not have enough money to pay his/her way though school and still get a good education and is still able to transfer to a 4 year college and finish without having a lot of student loans

Tori

Cincinnati State has some of the most challenging and engaging technical programs in the state, and also has one of the highest post-graduation job placement rates in the state. The technology available to the students is both abundant and advanced, unlike other community colleges I have visited. I feel as though my fellow students truly take pride in the accomplishments they make academically and are able to make connections with the faculty. As a first year Surgical Technology major, the dedicated faculty of the ST program have been incredibly invaulable, providing the knowledge and respect essential to my success.

The message I would truthfully convey to my younger self would be to not take my education for granted. As a high school senior in 2002, I was given the opportunity to attend a local community college with a full-ride scholarship based on my academic performance. At the time, I took this gift for granted; I had not yet declared a major, which was not unusual for many undergraduate students, but I also did not have a plan for my success. During my second year at this particular school, I still had not met with an adviser and had made a plan for myself or my future. I flunked a course and dropped the rest, and as a result I lost my scholarship. Until last year, I had not found the strength to return to school and rediscover my passion for education and acheiving my goals. It was a long road to get back to square one, having to re-take classes at the college level that I had excelled in during my high school career, but it has been the best decision of my life. Now, I would tell myself to stay focused and not lose my ambition!

I love Cincinnati State, but it seems like many of the students are not involved in any on-campus activities. I know there are clubs and organizations to join, but it doesn't seem like they are active in engaging the student. As a member of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, I will occasionally get an e-mail every couple of months from the national PTK organization annoucing discounts on their merchandise online. It's disheartening to know that I'm a member of this great group of talented students and nothing's ever going on!

My classmates are a mixture of working adults returning to school after taking some time off and students who recently graduated from high school looking to get through school at a lower cost.

If I could go back and have a conversation with myself as a high school senior I would first emphasize how much easier it is to go to college straight from high school. There is much more help and advice available while in high school than after graduation. I would recommend going to school outside of my hometown to eliminate some of the distractions of friends who decided not to attend college. It would offer a new area and a chance to better discover myself surrounded by a new group of people. I would also make it a point to explain why it is okay to take out loans to help cover the costs of doing this. Furthing my education is the best investment I could make and the increased income upon graduation would make it easy enough to pay off in the end. But most importantly, I would tell myself to do it for one reason, myself. Self-motivation is much more important than going to school because an outside person is pushing for it.

It is sometimes hard to get into classes that you need at a time that is available because the most popular times offered always fill up fast.

Kelly

I would tell myself to take college more serious. Don't take it lightly and make it a priority because it is harder when you are older and have a family. I wish I would have stayed in school and I could have had my degree and be working in a great job right now. Instead of trying to raise two kids and going to college. Definity go right to college right out of high school without taking a break that will just make you not want to go. Really be determined to make something of your life. Don't give up you can do it.

I really like the small classes. The professors all seem to really care. They are all willings to help in any way you need them to.

Danielle

If I was given the chance to go back and speak to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to not worry about what I want to be so much as what I enjoy. Looking back I am on my 4th major and working on two different ones. It's never about what you think will be the easiest degree which was what I was going for. It's about what you enjoy learning about. I would also tell my self to not rush adulthood. Stay at home and go to school full time so that when I finally hit sophomore level I am not turning 23. College is alot different in many aspects but the biggest one I saw was the difference in how much the teachers put on you to succeed. In highschool the only reason I passed was because the pressed me. In college they only press so far. I would defenitlaly tell myself to put more effort into paying attention in class then of making friends. Also not to be nervous because your not alone when you get there. Everyone is going through the same things and to have fun.

Christina

The advice that I would give myself is to have more confidence when I start college. I would tell myself don?t let anything pull me down. I would not allow myself to let things get in the way of what I want or what I want to do with my future. I would tell myself to go to class. Regardless of how tired I am or how I just didn?t want to go?I would tell myself just to go. I would be also tell myself to be more careful about spending money. It is hitting me hard financially so I would have wished that I could have controlled my spending and started saving more. I would also tell myself not to procrastinate as much as I did and still do. Another piece of advice I would give myself above all is to follow my dreams. I say that because I realize now that if I want something bad enough it will happen. Just keep my head up high and believe in myself.

The best thing about my school is that it is culturally diverse with all different age groups as well as traditional students. The students as well as the great faculty make my decision for going here. I love the atmosphere!

The type of person that should not attend this school is a person who is not willing to interact. A person who is not motivated to do something in life. A person that is not socialable and that is not culturally diverse. This person can not be afraid of learning.

Jalisa

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self I would stress the importance of school, education, and the various opportunities high school can offer. Although senior year is supposed to be a fun and memorable year I would encourage myself to remain focused on the long term goals I have created for myself. I would encourage myself to begin to work on organization and time management, as well as prioritizing various aspects of my life. I would stress how different college life is from high school life. In high school teachers know you because they have watched you for the past 4 years. College is extremely different, and instead of encouraging you to improve and holding your hand, professors use the tactic of failure. I would tell myself that if I want to achieve my goals in life and become successful then I have to remain focused and complete all assignments on time and to the best of my abilities. I would encourage myself to devise well thought out plans constantly and drive myself to work on achieving them. I would remind myself that hard work does pay off and is very rewarding.

Anyone who is serious about furthering their education and willing to dedicate the time and hard work that it takes to do so should attend this school. Although college tuition is indeed costly, Cincinnati State is a great alternative for those who are taking general college courses for less, rather than attending Universities who offer the same courses at University prices.

Adaeze

My school is a finacial saver and a great two year college where you can get one on one help from the teachers to help you succeed in life.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as an high school senior about knowning what I know now about college life, the advice I will give myself is to pay attention to the information my parents and teachers are telling to me. Some of the things that my parents and teachers try to inform me about went through one ear out the other. My teachers and parents always told me to start looking for colleges in the beginnging of my senior year so I can get accepted to the colleges I really wanted to attend. Of course, me being me, I didn't listen. When I recieved my high school diploma the principle was announcing all of the colleges students were accepted to and when they reach to my name I didn't have any acepptance to any college. Of course it made me feel down but I kept my head high. So in the summer time I went to colleges and explore the campuses. I was accepted to three colleges and decided to attend Cincinnati Technical College. Now here I am achieving my dream goal to become a criminal psychologist.

I believe people that have finacial problems, trying to save money, and like to attend a school where there is only 20 syudents per class should attend my school because for each credit course it only costs 68 dollars to attend. The school tution is very cheap, and also you can get you associate degree so much cheaper than attending a university school. People that want to save money and want to achieve their goal with a little extra money in their pocket should attend Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.

Nichelle

I would tell myself to saty focus, everything that was important to me then means nothing in the future.

I wish I would have known the short cuts u could of takin in the program.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the finanical aid office. The line are so long, and just to get in there just to talk to somebody take all day. Another thing that frustrate me is trying to find oyu guidance counsular, but other than that my school is pretty cool.

Dominique

This school is best known for the Midwest Culinary Institute and for affordable college to people of all walks of life.

Focus on what you wanna do the most and stride for it. Do your research on colleges and opportunities. Apply what you know to better help others and walk together and help each other.

If you would like the big class, large campus atmosphere, this is not the college for you. There are still great people however this college offers personal relationships and smaller classes.

Cincinnati State Technical and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.