Citadel Military College of South Carolina Top Questions

Francisco

The worst thing I would consider about the Citadel as a Freshmen/Knob is balancing your academics and military responsibilities. It is difficult because if you don't manage your time wisely you will fall behind. Also as a freshmen its tough because of the discipline the upperclass men give you.

Derrick

Knob year is without the worst thing ever to be invented and to go through as a freshman.

Kyle

In my opinion, although its not a bad thing what so ever, its the demanding environment. A common saying around here is that a Citadel cadet lives more in one day than most people do in two. This is because we are up at six every morning and normally arent able to sleep before midnight. There is so much to do in one day without developing many skills essential to life one cannot survive. Also, its nice to stay busy however sometimes one can get so exhausted and worn out it feels like you cannot continue.

Mark

There is no worst thing about my school. The only thing anyone, including myself, has any complaints about is that the barracks can be loud during ESP (Evening Study Period) or that the quality of the food in the mess hall is subpar. Of course, everything here has a purpose, even the food in the mess hall. The military isn't exactly known for its fine dining. Sometimes cadets here feel like the school puts too much emphasis on military duties and not academics, but I disagree. The school teaches time management this way.

Zachary

Knob year

Aaron

Punishments for little things.

Jeffrey

The lack of free time due to all of the required events cadets are to attend.

steven

It's a military school and we have traditions that are slowly being erradicated from our school and most of the students here wish they would stay. The administration does seem to care and takes away our traditions one by one.

Matthew

The administartion ruins our traditions

john

lack of social life

Greg

The mess hall. Worst food I can ever eat.

Anthony

The 4th class system.

coty

The worst thing about this school is how depressing it is due to the faculty who make the rules and who enforce them.

William

Nothing

Eva

Some of the alumni do not like the fact that women have become intigrated into the insitution. We have been assimulating women into the insitution for almost 12 years now. Some men (older almuni) believe that women do not belong here. Some make it a point to tell it to our faces and make rude and nasty comments. However, that does not represent the all the men who have come through the school.