Gainesville, FL
City College-Gainesville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend City College-Gainesville

Kaye

My classmates are caring and beleive no-one should be left behind, if one student is in trouble then the whole class is in trouble.

At city college the students are treated as individuals with the instructors and administrators. Althought you do have an student ID number, the number is never ask for. In addition, if a student has a problem, even if it is not related to school, the admistration is always available without an appointment. the class sizes are small and personal because you are somebody at my school.

I wiil tell myself that: first, that in the beginning things are new and scary because you will doubt yourself and you do not know what to expect from other students, insturctors or the faculty. However, thought once the transaction is complete and the schoold work starts to line up and you nerves calm down then things will be fine. The second piece of advice would be to not give up when things start getting difficult. This just means that you are learning things and that is why you are attending college to learn something new. Remember that if attending and graduating from college was easy than eveybody would be attending. The final thing would be that always believe inyourself. There will be others that will not beleive in what you are doing but you have to follow your heart and keep beleiving.

I would have made sure to take my foreign language so I could have gotten the bright futures scholorship, and I would have told myself to go to college sooner other than taking 6 years off, after waiting that long I have had to push my self to get out of my rut and go back to school.

Nothing, I love it, during admission they do everything they can to make sure you get in, the staff is kind and courteous, I would recommend all my friends and family go!

Some one that does not have the drive to make it, they take work and school very serious, if your a serious student then this is the school for you.

Denise

If I could go back to my senior year in 1984 I would tell myself to not give up just because you don't have a major. By the time you finish taking your required classes your career path should be alot clearer. What ever you do don't quit college just because you are unsure of your major. Make time to talk with your counselors to help with this decision and don't try to keep everything to yourself. This can be very discouraging. Do whatever you need to do to stay in school and get a degree.

The worst thing about my school so far is that it's very cold in the winter. So, far most everything is going okay except for not being able to take more than 2 classes a semester.

I can only take 2 classes because I did not qualify for any grants so I had to take loans. I've tried discussing with them other options so that I can take 3 -4 classes a semester and they seem to talk in circles. I am not using the alotted money for my books and want to use that to take another class but they won't let me and this is very frustrating. I really want to finish my program on time and that means 3-4 classes a semester. I'm sure it will all work out.

City College-Gainesville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.