City College of San Francisco Top Questions

Nzechi

The worst thing possible about my school is that their is alot of classes getting cut.

Susan

There are a lot of students enrolled at this school, so it's difficult to get all of your classes at once. You are assigned classes by how many units you have and the more units you have, the higher the probability of getting all of your classes. Transferring within two years is difficult unless you know what you have to do in order to get all the GE requirements fulfilled.

Marthese

The worse thing about my school is the fact that we don't have enough money to keep everything going. Some of the low income programs have been suspended or canceled until further notice. It seems like the price of books may have gone up a little. Resources are being taken away and the students must try everything to get them back.

Ana

The worst thing about my school is an issue that all schools in California are facing with budget cuts higher education is forced to cut classes and make the current available classes more crowded.

The worst thing about my school right now would have to be the funding and budget. Lately there have been a lot of strikes, rallies, and marches on campus because people have been desperately fighting the budget cuts. It is a huge distraction for students and a nightmare for teachers who are afraid of losing their jobs. It is a terrifying thought for me to know that just as we are moving out of a recession and the unemployment rate is still over 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} the opportunity for an affordable education is slipping through our fingers.