City Colleges of Chicago-Harry S Truman College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for City Colleges of Chicago-Harry S Truman College

Symone

I think it’s a very diverse school. You get to meet and interact with so many different types of people without traveling out the state. We are encouraged as students and as young adults to do our best and strive for more. The staff is always there when we need them, and it’s just a great place to be.

sibgha

I was scared to study at a community college until i actually started going there. Now college is about going there and studying so in my opinion this college is good for studying but nothing other than that. Community and the facilities (library) is not good enough considering it's a community college and many people go there. But we have to think of it as a place where students go who want to make future, educational institutions such as community colleges are not there to make your future, they are there like stepping stones towards your future. Now its up to you whether you want to use those stepping stones or not.

Melissa

I think this college is really concerned about its students. All the staff help their students and encourage them to use all the centers are available to us. The teachers and advisors that I have had have been very nice and helpful. I also think that they are very involved with the community.

Demetrius

Truman College is truly a great experience, this school is very diverse, and is truly amazing academically. The teachers really want to see you succeed, not only as a student, but personally as well. In high school I had a hard time learning new things because I would be distracted or simply have no motivation to continue, but here at Truman everyone shows love and appreciation, there are many clubs to join, and many student activities. I recommend this school for everyone.

Maria

Truman is a good college, but the only thing that I do not like is that the security officers do not tell anything to some people that are outside the main entrance of my college. I know that those people can hit women or rape them I am scared about that because I am a woman.

priscila

In my honest opinion I love CCC Harry S Truman it has my major, the major I know it fits me I decided to attend this school to not be in debt too much the program I’m in is great I have learned so much. The only bad thing is getting to school it almost takes me 2 hours to get to the school but other than that it’s great!

Youbode

It's a great place to be as a foundational piece for catapulting into a four-year school. They employ intelligent and caring faculty and staff who care about their students and want them to do well. I am glad that I enrolled at Truman because of the many resources they have that have allowed me to succeed.

Paul

I have been attending at Truman College for 4 years .It is a great establishment to attend take ESL Classes Definitely would recommend my friends to enroll to . I have a lot of memories out of those 4 years that I took classes and also the way the teachers are very passionate about their work and students . It is a amazing institution .

Patrick

All schools have flaws, but Truman has far too many. Several (but not all) of the faculty members seem to be unqualified for the position they hold. The school's structure is minimally supportive for students. The security of the school is pitiful, there were shootings just outside the doors on a near weekly basis last spring.

Idris

City Colleges of Chicago-Harry S Truman College is a really good school, the most important part of the school for me is how flexible the instructors are. the create more office hours time for student to explain me to the student that really needs it and to me that an amazing thing to do, because its really bringing the students closer to graduation

Jose

It is a good school. But can Improve. For example don’t like how they force students to pay for the registration in 3 days instead of having a month. It don’t effect me because I got the money but it effects students who are barely paying the present semester and problems for fafsa. Did not plan the cons about doing this plan.

Giovanna

I've been so impressed with City Colleges as a whole. People normally turn their noses up at community colleges but if you ask me it's the best kept secret in the world. Truman has a great variety of resources available to students, such as specialized tutoring centers and an exceptional student government constantly looking to better our environment.