Chicago, IL
City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College

Hussein

Malcome X is best known for nursing and other medical field specialties.

Malcome X is best known for nursing and other medical field specialties.

I would advise myself to always strive for excelence academically and socially. Always check your student email for opprotunities and follow them. Never be discouraged by a grade on a test on paper, the main goal is to recieve a distinguishing grade at the end. Maintain relationships, set goals, and complete them.

I believe the worst thing about my school is the overly zealous security officers.

Leslie

The support they offer and the many activities they have for those that need assistance with homework

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self to take more honors classes because it pays off in college. In addition to that, I would of taken college classes earlier so I would get my degree faster.

A person should attend malcom x if they are mayoring in the health field because it offers many programs.

Brieanna

Oh how wonderful it would be to go back in time. If given the opportunity to go back in time and speak to my high school senior self, there are many things I would warm myself of. The first and foremost I would warn myself of is taking a "day off". I learned the hard way that a simple day off here and there can add up quickly. As the year progresses it becomes increasingly difficult to find the energy and motivation to go to school. Secondly, I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I wish I knew at the time that sometimes excess scholarship money can be given back to the student. Words can't describe how important extra money is when it comes to paying fees that aren’t included in tuition such as gas and toiletries. I never realized how fast money can disappear until I moved out and had to buy my own paper towels and trash bags. And lastly I would warn myself to cherish the time spent with friends because time in fact does fly and before you notice everyone has gone their separate ways.

Renata

If I had the chance to go back in time and opportunity to talk to me in school, I would not give myself any advice about college. I believe that I am doing everything correctly and thoughtfully at my college. I would thank myself for the great job I will do in the future. I probably would be more happy to go in the future instead of in the past, and I would like to talk with myself in the future. The one thing I would probably give myself in the past is going to be a personal advice. I would wish myself to behave more feminine and wisely in relationships with other people and be careful in choises of my friends. But all together, at this stage of my life I am very pleased with my achievements in my career and personal life.

Mahtiea

The first advice I would have given myself is to start saving money. The cost of going to college is not easy at all. I would have tried to let myself know that what ever I decided to major in that I should began to look for the best school who excels in that major. I also would have told myself more about scholarships. I never had a goood understanding about scholarships and how to apply for them. They are pretty easy and is mostly for every one.

When I talk about my school to my friends I brag most about is nursing program. A lot of people feel as if its the best nursing program afford by a community college.

The most frustrating thing about my school was learning how to get around. But even the people their were always helpful and friendly.

Arvette

I would tell myself to never be afraid to shine. I passed up so many opportunities because i was afraid to view the world away from my family. My fears lead me to make some choices in life that were not in my best interest. Through my mistakes I've learned perserverance. Through stregnth I've learned to adapt and overcome. Never again will i make my light dim in fear of the unknown.

I think that they are unorganized and it often causes confusion amoung students.

The kind of person that should attend Malcolm is someone who is working, a parent, and has multiple responsiblities outside of school.

Richard

Don't wait to apply for scholorships and colleges, that is something that needs to be done right away, especially before you graduate. I know you've been thinking of joining that Marines however, you may want to either re-think your options or make sure you disclose everything to your recruiter and MEPS. If you don't disclose everything you'll get kicked out of the Marine Corp and there's a chance you'll get kicked out anyway because of how sick you'll get in the first few weeks. I would highly recommend that you decide to go to college and pursue a career in criminal justice/ law enforcement. It might be a struggle to begin with but in the end everthing will be worth it. Just keep a focused mind on whatever it is you decide to do and don't give up, you're a very smart person and you can do whatever you put your mind to.

I will most definately tell myself that im worthy of achieving my goals. There was a point in mylife where i thought i would never attend college. My mom neglected me when i was 3 yrs old. So i had no great female role model to help me in life. So if i could go back to high school i would tell myself put the past behind me and focus on a bright future. I would tell myself that im smart and id ask myself where do you see yourself in 5 years. Id answer graduating from college with my head held high a radiology and real estate degree in my hand and a big hospital to help paitents in. College is a big step but a step that i was willing to take, its not hard you just have to take the time to pay attention , study hard, and past your test. Also going back to high school years id tell myself no matter what your mom did you , that i did not have to end up like her. I could go further in life and accomplish so much more. Those would be my words to myself.

The best thing about my school is the outstanding teachers there is to assist you. Malcolm x college is a historical school. The actual car that Malcolm x himself is displayed in my college. This college has several of tutors to help you with any subject you need assistance with. Malcolm x college has a center where you can ring your child while you are in school. The security is wonderful because there is 425 cameras around the school for safety. Malcolm x college is jus a wonderful college i pride myself in attending.

The school itself is not bad, the worst thing about any school would have to be the students attending the school who are there for the wrong reasons. In my school there are always several of student who dont show up to class, who roam the hallways. There are also students who attend school and apply for financial aide just to recieve the money they get. I think that school is not all about money its about having the strive to go somewhere far in life and continue you your education. So the wrong thing is the unappreciative students.

NaKia

My school is unique because not only do all the students look like me but we also have many things in common. Most students from my school, like myself, come from low income families who can not afford to send their children to four year universities. So inorder for us to get an education we have to take what is avaible to us.

The advice I would give myself is to work hard and stay focus. Hard work pays off and so does 4.0 GPA's. I would tell myself that studying comes first and partying comes last. Its important to work hard while in high school. I would also tell myself that universities went the best stud

The worst thing about my school is that it is a very small school. I know a lot of the students that attemd there. My school Malcolm X College is a two year college. I believe that if I attended a four year university I would mingle with the students more because there will be a better opportunity for me to make more friends. I think it would help me to be less anti-social.

Ngai

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college life and making a transition, I would tell myself to don't be afraid to go out and try. Its okay to want to go away to college. Its easier to adjust to new living situations when you are younger. It seems as if they are more patient, willing to learn, and want to experience everything for yourself.

The worst part of school for me would be the way certain students are allowed to enter the building/class even when they are intoxicated and being disruptive

When I talk about my school I often brag about the valuable teacher knowledge, class size, the accessibility to mentoring/ tutoring programs. When I decided to go back to school, I was 33 years old. I had been out of school for over 17 years. A counseIor suggested I take a refresher course first so I could adjust to my schedule, taught me study habits, and encouraged me to dare myself.

City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.