Chicago, IL
City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College

Cuauhtemoc

Olive Harvey College is a great school to start one's education because the school feels close knit where students or visitors can access most services with ease. The school has an active spirit for sports and its clubs. There are small events which make the small appear bigger than it is but at the same time these events don't diminish the importance of education.

Vanessa

I love the school. The staff are very helpful. I have enjoyed attending this college. I have learned a lot, it's been hard but my professors have been great. I started back to school because I never got the chance to finish. I am 55 years old now, and going back to school has been one of the most rewarding things, I have ever done for myself. Olive Harvey College made that happen for me.

Lance

Overall, I like the campus. Setting aside the usual thing of "it's a community college, it's not as good as a 4 year," it's a school where people are mainly pushing academics to have an easier time transferring to a 4 year. I personally was enrolled at UIC, but had to come to Olive Harvey due to cost reasons. It is a community college which means it's mostly work, but for what it's supposed to be, it works very well for me so far, especially for free.

Tina

I would tell myself not to take the easy way out. Meaning dont jump to the first job available, don't be in a rush to grow up. Listing more to my elders. Go to college right after high school if possible.

People who are not serious about school.

Chameka

My school is unique in many ways, one is the racial diversity my school is not as diverse racially and socially as say your average University due to the size, however I chose this school based on its academic curriculum as well as the campus size it seems more faculty interactive, the professors assist more and are more hands on than your larger University.

If I could go back in time to my Senior year of High School knowing what I know now about college I would tell my past self, to go straight into college without taking an 18 year hiatus. I would also tell myself that college can be intimidating at first but once you set foot in the doors that first day it is just like you have been enrolled there all along, the people you will meet in college will be some of the greatest influences in your life and you will surely be an inspiration to some or several individuals. I would show myself the enrollment process in advance, because I would like to format it myself to ensure a smooth transition from Admissions all the way to the Bursar?s Office. But mainly if I could talk to my Senior self I would let me know to stay positive and motivated because I know I survived, and to keep me motivated I would let myself know that I, no we are a 4.0 student.

The thing I brag about most when discussing my school would be the classes I enroll in and the discussions we partake in certain classes. To hear the opinions expressed by my fellow classmates really open your mind. As well as my 4.0 GPA.

David

Honestly, Olive-Harvey is a good school; it provides a high-quality education without the high price of a university.

What made me choose Olive-Harvey above all other schools was the extremely professional, accessible staff.

The main thing I would say is that, first and for most, college is about learning. Partying and making friends are secondary priorities. Many high school seniors are not truly mature enough to live on their own, which is why so many go to a university campus and screw up. I would suggest attending a community college right out of high school. This provides a chance for a quality education without the staggering pricetag. Also, a few years of buckling down can help a young student mature before going to a university. By the time you transfer, you will be set on a major, and you won't have as much potential to get distracted and sidetracked by junk. College is a great experience, but, above all, it is about learning and improving upon yourself.

gertrude

So far, the classmates I have had, seem more like good friends. We exchange telephone numbers and e-mail addresses during the first two weeks of class. By doing this, if one of us had to miss class, he/she can keep up with the coursework by contacting another classmate. Sometimes we meet early or stay late, so we can go over the current lessons. And we help each other understand topics we could not quite grasp during class. My classmates are just as dedicated as I am; I appreciate them to the utmost, and they are my best "classfriends."

No more tantrums, because I can not go since my mother said "No." I am a high school senior with no plans and no job, just months away from graduation. There is more to life than having an eyecatching body, a sharp tongue, the best footware, being the most photogenic, the best dancer, the biggest flirt, the teacher's pet. I need to man up (or woman up) so I can become a productive, self-sufficient adult, and I have one of two choices. I can become complacent with a minimum wage or no-brainer job; or, I can continue my education. If I choose the latter, I must breakdown and actually put the gray matter (brain) to use. If I want to be successful in my future endeavors, I need to moonwalk back to when I first started school (preschool). I need to be happy and excited that I am going to school, and very eager to learn. I need to attend class everyday, on time, prepared to learn. If I decide to go to college, I have to bear down and apply myself fully, wholeheartedly--no half-stepping--because there is plenty of competition in the real world.

What I brag most about at my school (Olive Harvey College) are the professors. They are very thorough in their teachings, and they offer individual stroking as needed. Every professor I have encountered, as a student or just in passing, keep the students motivated to achieve their respective goals. They are dedicated in helping the entire class learn the coursework, not just memorize enough material to earn a passing grade. They make sure the students are aware of the programs that are available (like tutoring) if needed. The professors are more than great teachers; to me, they are the best!

Tanisha

If I was to go back in time as a high school senior with the knowledge or state of mind of a college student who knows the college life I would tell myself to always be prepared and always be at my fullest potential in everything that I come across. I would aso tell myself to stay positive, get involve with your school. Always present yourself as a leader and role model because there is always someone looking up to you. Put your work first so that you will always have good grades and never get involve in non-sense because it's not worth anything and it waste time. Show your peers and teachers and the rest of the student body that you are very determined and enthusiastic about school.