Oregon City, OR
Clackamas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clackamas Community College

My school is a place where you can start any education you want.

My school is a place where you can start any education you want.

I just started college, so I can't say I have pearls of wisdom. What I can say is procrastinating isn't something that fits into a college scene.

Self motivated people should attend this school.

Vanessa

In most of my classes my classmates have been friendly, but focused.

In most of my classes my classmates have been friendly, but focused.

I spent what would be my senior year of high school attending my first year of College, through Bill Gate's the Gateway to College program hosted by Clackamas Community College. Although I was doing fairly well with grades in school and my social life was full, I wish I could go back and warn myself that college truly is more challenging than high school. College is focused more on oneself, though like most movement in life, working with others is important to keep progressing. College professors tend to be less lenient, and first impressions really count. I would also advise myself to talk more with others about their experiences and stress and how to deal with it all. College life is interesting and concept building; I get more enthused with each class registration.

I love Clackamas Community College's welcoming environment. Even before I attended I was always greeted by students and staff who were all eager to help a new scholar. C.C.C. offers a variety classes and transfer degrees that make developing a career, or just learning a new skill easy and enjoyable.

Cassandra

If I could go back I would tell myself not to worry. It's not as scary as every one says it is. Learn to study and to be proud of what you choose to do with your life. Your family is there to support you and help you along the way. Make mistakes, but never make mistakes without learning from them. Take time for yourself, it can be about you every once in a while. You only have to make one person happy with EVERY decision that you make. Have as many friends as possible and smile at every one you see. Shake hands with people, it shows that you are honest, not that you are just a country kid. Relax, but don't stop taking school seriously. Do homework and THEN go have fun. But don't put off having fun until it's too late. Take every opportunity that you can get socially, academically, and financially. And never ever think that you aren't good enough for anything, especially other people. And never think that you are better than anyone else. This is going to be the best time of your life.

The atmosphere. I have heard the college referred to as "high school with cigarettes" since the only thing that really changed was the age of the people attending.

People who need a lot of guidance should not attend this school. There is not a lot of direction for people that don't already know what they are looking for or want to do.

Ann

I would prepare myself to have not been so ignorant about following my dream job that would leave me with no job in the future due to the state of our country is with their finances. I would have signed up for college credits to Mt. Hood CC from my high school classes and had them transferred to Clackamas CC. I would tell myself that it is ok that I am not going to the school everyone else is going to because everyone splits after high school. The real friends still stick to you even though they are miles away. There are more people you'll meet in life and most of the time, they become those you call your friends and sometimes good friends. I would have researched more on deadlines and know when I need to apply for admission and registration so I could be on top of the list to get classes if things filled up. Most of all, I would tell myself college is going to be fun and to enjoy the last summer with everyone in town before we start to mold ourselves into grown ups.

I wish I had signed up for college credits in my high school honors/AP classes so I could have had credits going into Clackamas Community College. I also wished that I had knew exactly what major I wanted to go into. I wished I worked a little harder in my first year so I could be done in exactly two years. I guess school is about learning and experiences.

The way the classes are scheduled, you have at least an hour break which could be considered wasted time if you wanted to do other things away from school. The food on campus is in no comparison to other schools.

Andrew

It has a great computer science department. It has the tools: computers, software, teachers, etc. to help me to succeed.

I would tell myself to be more assertive, in everything I did; i.e. in signing up for classes, applying for scholarships, taking placement tests, talking to advisers. I should have done those sooner and with more effort. You cannot get anything in life unless you have the will to just go get it.

It's is inexpensive, but you don't lose quality. I'm not particularly wealthy, so I cannot converse how great it is to have an inexpensive way to further my education.

Brittanie

When I was a high school senior I was trying but not as hard as I should have been, well my whole high school experience. I never wanted to admit this but I wish I would have listned to my mother when she told me to focus on high school because I would regret it in the long run. I am truly paying for it now. It has takedn me a year and a half to complete the basic course that I needed to start my degree. If I could go back in time I would tell my self to focus on school and leave the friends and boys alone. I also would tell my self to study harder then I ever did. College is not as easy as I though it was going to be, I was a cocky 18 year old. I regret being like that, that would have to be one of the first things I would tell myself if I could go back in time.

Saritha

My school is best known for the education it gives aswell as the location and accessabilty. Its a beatiful campus and everyone is so generous that works there.

If I had the chance to go back in time and tell myself what I know now, I would tell myself that life as an adult isn't as easy as it looks and to not be so eagar to "grow up". I would say, "you should really sit down and look at all your options for school, follow your heart and go with what you have always dreamt about." I would recommend to myself that even venturing outside of the state for college just to experience everything about it. From the dorm living to the classroom full of kids, sitting in coffee houses taking in the scene to late study nights with friends. Also to enjoy life as it comes and don't let the small things get in your way.

Everyone is welcome at that school. Everyone from teens just graduating to 50 year olds wanting to start over.

Robert

College the first time is irreplaceable, in the fact of all the life experiecnces, especially playing football full time for the college that I chose at the time. The one thing I might tell myself as a senior is to save as much money as possible for college and that maybe playing football wasn't the best choice, because my school classes and homework suffered and that is why I am going back to college now to get the degree that will help my family and I live a rewarding life.

Almost all of the professors at the school write the textbooks that we use in class, and in the labs.

Patrick

In this area, Clackamas Community College is known for its excelent prices, very good classes and faculty, as well as its georgous campus. Also Clackamas is known for thier great enviroment based classes.

The unique thing about clackamas community college is that the campus is much more enviromentally based than others, everything is natural which adds to the fantastic beauty and the courses offered here can be based around that.

If I were to go back in time, I would try to stress the importance of not procrastinating when it comes to signing up for college courses, CCC is a big school with many students, so the classes tend to fill up quick. It is important to sign up for the classes you need right away, because if you are in my case, the classes that I should have taken in the fall won?t be offered again until next fall, and I need these classes to as prerequisites for classes that follow. It is important to get those classes first not just because of the foretold reason, but because it will be easier on the stress level if you take them in right away, not all at once, but as soon as possible because of the stress levels involved.

Katy

I am only attending Clackamas Community College (CCC) so that I can get my basic classes out of the way. I will be attending The Art Institute of Portland next fall for Fashion Marketing and Merchandising. CCC has helped me a lot in finding out what I really want to do. They have a great college resource center, where counselors are always there to help you make the right choices on your career path. They also have an assortment of help if you are struggling in your classes, study halls, tutors, and the teachers are always there to answer questions.

I would tell my high school self that I should always go with my gut instinct. I would remind myself that the life I live is my life, and that other people should not have a say in what is right and what is wrong for me. I would tell my past self that no one is going to help me with college and that I need to do things on my own. If I had known what I know now about college and the way things played out, with my mother insisting on not letting me go to my dream school and going behind my back and signing me up for classes she wanted to take when she was my age, I would tell high school me to move out and start working towards going to my choice of school and working hard to pay for it without my parents help.

What I consider to be the worst thing about Clackamas Community College (CCC) is that they have almost no classes that go towards my career choice. That is why I am only taking my basic classes at CCC. It really is to bad that they don?t have many classes to choose from or that would even better me in my field of study. I would stay at CCC and earn my 2 year degree in Fashion Marketing and Merchandising if they held these type of classes at their facility.

Clackamas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.