Clackamas Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clackamas Community College

Keith

Clackamas Community College is a safe-haven for those who feel they need to restart. It is a school full of bright and intelligent people. Faculty and classmates alike make this school in particular the best community in all of Clackamas. Where education and tensity walk and smile all around you.

Patrick

Overall as far as a community college goes you could do much worse. There are many professors that are passionate about hat they teach and make you interested in topics you never considered interesting before, but there are also plenty who will simply read out of the book the while lecture like an audio tape. Keep in mind that because this is community college most people are there to take their classes and go home so if any kind of social interaction is important to you it is imperative you try to see what clubs you can join.

Josabad

Clackamas Community College provides a variety of help and guidance towards different needs and seekers of opportunities. There are interested, thoughtful, and passionate teachers and professors that help students progress and learn as much as they need. There an extensive amount of help in regard to tutors and volunteers who assist others in their academics. There is also a great amount of financial assistance when it comes to resources one needs daily for school. There is exceptional class options and associate degrees one can achieve in two years. Overall Clackamas Community College is a smart choice in where to earn a transfer or associate degree because it provides great options, opportunities, and experience that will propel one towards their academic success.

Jenna

The teachers are very nice and give you lots of opportunities to succeed. It is a small campus and a wide variety of students that attend. I like small college. Students respect you and are almost always appropriate. There are lots of opportunities to get involved.

Cassaundra

Great atmosphere and amazing teachers and staff. Clackamas Community College has a close knit feel but is always welcoming of new people and experiences. Teachers are easy to contact and talk to. There are tons of opportunities on campus to get involved or try something new.

Kaitlyn

It’s a great place to start college but is definitely missing something, Clackamas Community College is a helpful transition from highschool to university but you can only go so far there. Occasionally it feels like you have to jump through hoops for financial aid and such but the class sizes are small and the professors are very helpful.

Julien

Most people that I've met at CCC are students looking for either a career technical education(welding, manufacturing technologies, microelectronics, car repair, etc) or they are doing transfer degrees to Oregon state colleges. Both groups, as I've seen them, have ample resources and opportunities to maximize every dollar that they spend. Classes are affordable and have real world applicable education styles and material. I have very few bad things to say about CCC except maybe there could be an on-campus housing program, though with zoning laws and the cost of land I understand that this would be difficult.

Aksana

My personal opinion is that Clackamas Community college is a great school. To begin with it is extremely affordable, this is the main reason I chose to attend CCC. Another great thing about CCC is the instructors. Not only are they great teachers but they also care for their students and wish to see you succeed. Overall CCC is a great campus, I have always felt safe and important there.

i love the class size because they it is considered a lot of people if there are 40 people in a class. the teachers are also very willing to help you out with questions. i love the dye learning center, they offer computers and very knowledgeable math, science and writing tutors.

Loren

Clackamas Community College has been colloquially referred to as "Harvard on the hill" and this is due to academic success of nearly every graduate. The school handles everything with the upmost professionalism but they still know how to apply that personal touch. Whether you're into sports, the arts, both, or neither, you can certainly find your place. Class sizes are small and you know exactly where to go to get counseling help and to get academic questions answered.

Small class sizes, plenty of individual teacher attention, awesome tutors, and excellent student services make this school a great place to go. Ignacio is my favorite counselor! He helped me achieve success in my classes despite my difficulties with physical disabilities!

Abigail

The staff is wonderful and there are advisors willing to help you with every question and step of the college experience. The only downside to Clackamas Community College is the internet classes are what you make of them; if you don't study and work hard on all your assignments it is not on par with a classroom.

Kaylee

It's a community college. It's meant to be for either people without funds to go to a University, unsure of what they would like to do, or for older people who are just taking classes for their job. There are a lot of kids there, as there are adults (during times like in the summer), but they do not have a lot of classes - and a lot of the classes do have many occurrences. The quality of the education is very "average", with a lot of the classes not being transferrable as those classes for a 4 year degree. (Instead as general credits). In general, I would say is quite useful for people only going for a Bachelor's, but if you are interested in higher education or a career in academia, it is definitely NOT the place for you. (The savings are very nice, though).

Clackamas Community College is a great school. The class sizes are almost always great. The majority of teachers I have had have been engaged and passionate. There are so many nice places you can go to study around campus. The cafeteria has a wide array of options including vegan options. There is so much help available to students, pretty much anything you need is available.

Anabel

Every employee at the Oregon City Campus has been extremely helpful and patient guiding me in the correct way to begin my first day of college! They're evening classes are convenient for those students that need to continue working full time while still being able to attend college classes.

Steven

I visited the Campus once and it was easy to navigate the campus to find the admission center. I was able to figure out where I was in the registration process and talk to a placement adviser and figure out what classes would fit me in a very short time period.

Roxana

I enjoy learning at Clackamas Community College. The professors are accessible, understanding, and welcoming. The campus staff is kind and helpful. I love the classroom sizes; not too big and not too packed with students. Most students get along with each other and treat one another like family.

Jackalyn

Clackamas community is very affordable and accessible for me and the commute to the two campuses that I go to isn't bad. The teachers are knowledgeable and the campus is kept clean, there is no housing on campus which I would imagine isn't super uncommon for a community college. Overall CCC is a great community college, and I enjoy being on campus and taking my knowledge off campus into the real world.

Elaina

Clackamas Community College is an excellent place to study for two years. The professors are very approachable, the class sizes are manageable, and the course variety is spectacular. Just don't get too comfortable! You must have the motivation to get in and get out, or you may get stuck there forever.

elizabeth

Clackamas Community College has a lot of potential for academics students. my self-experience I really enjoy it because like another community college won't mention the name in my area I live submitted application never got back to me. Everything has just followed the instruction on the website and will show what you need to get done. On another hand, I submitted the application, and right away got an email from the counselor and help to set up an appointment and to complete everything on one day as much I can.

Diana

I love this college. It gives an amazing educational background as well as a provide a lot of social activities. In classes that are very hard, teachers do everything in their power to make students understand and get good grade as well as gain knowledge.

Grace

Clackamas Community College is a place where students of all ages, ethnicities, and identities can come together and grow in the pursuit of knowledge! My classmates are a fun mix of personality and creativity, and my professors are kind and helpful. I would recommend Clackamas Community College to anyone in the greater Portland area looking for a place to thrive!

Jordan

Overall I very much enjoy attending here. The community is great and full of driven people who want to better their lives and the lives of their families. I do find it challenging to connect with other students since it is a commuter campus. If I wasn't participating in student government I would feel very lonely and secluded. The academic offerings are great and extensive. I never have a hard time finding classes to take. The classes do fill up fast though!! Also always make sure to check RatemyProfessor because I have a had a few bunk professors! Other than that I really like attending here.

Shawna

I love Clackamas Community College and am proud to be a student here! I feel that transferring to CCC has given me more opportunities than I had at previous community colleges. I feel hopeful to be accepted into their Nursing program and have adequate assistance to achieve this goal.