Orangeburg, SC
Claflin University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Claflin University

Zariah

So far so good! Could use a few improvements but no school is perfect. For instance, actually taking action or considering student complaints or advice so that we know that our voices are being heard. Claflin is also a historic black college so and we’ve had the same president, faculty, and staff for about 20 years. They’re used to claflin being ran the same way but it’s also important to accommodate the new generations of students.

Taurence

I love the environment especially on my first day the older students didn't even know me but offered so much help from the best way to approach classes to there own contact information for me to get help. So if this is the mindset of the students there must be a great staff backing this type of behavior.

Mykia

They treat you like family and want everyone to feel welcomed. There are always events going on they want everyone to be socially active and get to be close to one another. They are also people who genuinely encourage others and want to see people do their best

Tariq

The school is great for networking and seeking careers but needs a variety of activities.

diana

it is an amazing place to get away and learn from dedicated professors, and most of all become your best self.

Ariyana

Claflin within itself envisions innovative solutions and possess knowledge and skills that can bring about change called the "Claflin Confidence". Learning to deal with complex concepts and skill sets, conduct original research, and integrate principles from a diverse range of ideas. Meanwhile, maintaining a strong commitment to the community, both locally and globally.

Makiya

Claflin University is an amazing HBCU! The culture and environment is so welcoming. Everyone finds a place to fit in and we’re all like a great big family. The class sizes are pretty small so you really get that one on one time with your professors. I couldn’t imagine myself attending any other college or university!

Emersen

Claflin University is a great school, but it is still growing in many ways. The campus is gorgeous with lots of brickwork and everyone is nice and welcoming. Overall, there is a good academic culture, but the split between those who are dedicated to their work and those who are not can be frustrating. Furthermore, you will find faculty who will be there for you, but there are also some who are there because it's a day job (but that's anywhere you go, honestly). Overall, I definitely do not regret my decision to come to Claflin! It seems like the school is definitely in transition for the better. There are people here who really care about the students and there are so many opportunities available, but you must take the initiative to realize them for yourself. The school has come a long way, and I can't wait to see where they go in the future! I love my HBCU!

Mekeala

An amazing school, even though it is an HBCU Claflin welcomes people of all ethnic backgrounds. The campus environment makes me feel like I am at home even though I am away from home. The only con would be that the financial aid is a bit slow when processing student concerns and needs. Overall Claflin is an amazing school to attend.

Imante

I love Claflin and all that it has to offer!!

I love Claflin and all that it has to offer!!

Claflin University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.