Clark Atlanta University Top Questions

Zaire

Do not rent your textbooks. Buy them.

Andrella

I wish I had of known that it were to many women at this school to actually find a good husband. the ratio is particulary unfair.

The main thing that I wish I had known before coming to Clark Atlanta University is how disappointing Financial Aid was/ still is. When I was a high school senior, finally choosing my institution, CAU promised me everything would be "peachy clean" when in actuallity, it wasn't. Now it's an everyday struggle to even believe that I will be able to stay a CAU student for the rest of my tenure. Financial Aid has got to do better.

Ranekqua

I wish I would have been more financially literate coming to this particular school. I feel as though everyone should be financially literate, but it'll definitely save one a lot of stress to know a few things when attending a school such as this.

I wish I had known what the city surrounding the school was like.

Kearea

The one thing that I wish that I woudl have known before I came to Clark Atlanta University is that it is very important to try to build relatiosnships with upperclassmen that are actually in your field of studies. When becoming a student, you will learn that it is important for you to reach out to people because it is not what you, it is who you know.

Dominick

I wish I knew how expensive this school was compared to going to a state school.

I wish I had knew more about the programs they had offered. The reason being is because it is not what i had expected to be .

Miesha

I wish I would have known more about the area Clark Atlanta University is located in. The area is not safe and requires much security to prevent students from being robbed or hurt.

Asha

I wish I would have known that the food in the cafeteria would be the same menu just about every week. However, they are improving.

jessyca

I wish i would have researched and applied to more schorlarships becuase it is a very expensive school.

Briana

I wish I would have got to know more people.

Ahleah

THE DISTANCE FROM HOME

Before attending Clark Atlanta University I wish I would have known how to manage my time a little better.

Antonio

Nothing i absolutely love my campus and its vibe. The campus life, students, my peers, advisors and proffesor are really great and I would not change a thing.

Tayla

This institution is very expensive and sometimes you might find yourself questioning is the school even worth it. However if you use all resources available to you, you will truly find yourself getting the bang for the buck.

Before attending this institution, I wish I knew the struggle to pay for my higher education. Not just at this school, but at any college or university it's not an easy road in paying for tuition. I wish I knew to apply to as many scholarships as possible so I would have had financial stability. .

Cierra

I wish I would have had more guidance and would have applied for more scholarships, I am happy with my choice overall

Chidera

At Clark Atlanta Unviersity, they provide really excellent scholarships just exceeding 3.5 gpa.

Rashida

I wish I would have known how expensive the tuition is.

Before attending Clark Atlanta University I wish I had known about study abroad so that I could have gotten my pass port and been able to study abroud this summer, but now I have to wait til the second semester of my sophmore year to study abroad.

jessie

the costs to go to Clark Atlanta per semester, and the type of programs available.

Ariel

I wish I had known to center more focus on and attention to applying for financial aid and scholarships. It is quite stressful to wait until the last minute to do so, in which case deadlines may be missed. I will always be mindful of upcoming awards so that I may receive funds deserving for my hardwork and academic success.

Udana

I wished I would have known an estimate for the cost of books. I wished someone would have told me to be resourceful and look for as many scholarships as possible.

Regina

I wish I had known that the school was as awesome as it is, there is so many oppurtunities that are available for the students, there is a lot of organizations and programs that you can join, every week bulletins are filled with different events, programs, scholarships, careers, organizations and a lot of oppurtunities.

Asha

The surrounding neighborhoods.

Zakiyah

I wish I would've known that I would have to help myself. College is nothing like high school , the teachers dont stay on you to make sure you finish your work, you have to be very disciplined and have a study schedule that works good for you.

La

I wish i would have known where to get the money from to pay for it because private schools cost a lot.

Whitley

I wish I would have known that this school isn't as reputable as Spelman and Morehouse because of our alumni that don't necessarily come back and give back as they should. My school is equal academically and socially, but because of our lack of support from our alum, we are losing recognition and financial backing. All of which I intend to change when I graduate. I adore my school and I wouldn't change it for the world. We just need more support.

Dijon

I wish I would have known how much of a struggle it is to become financially enrolled at this institution, because it is so time sensitive, yet alot of students lose faith and give up before a possible solution comes along. They leave, but I chose to stay, and I am determined to do everything to continue my education here by any means necessary.

Donte

I wish I had know what it really takes to be in an all black school, and how fast-paced college really is. So that I could have prepared better for it, and had a better first semester.

Nielah

I wish I would have realized a full scholarship does not include my personal expenses. I should have logged the amounts of money that I spent on myself (and others...) in high school and saved accordingly. I also wish I would have learned early on that although I am very intelligent, getting a "less than acceptable" grade is not the end of my academic aspirations; it is a personal challenge to do better. FInally, I wish I would have paid more attention to my interests, so as to keep me from changing my major so late, and inhibit graduation.

Rae

I wish that I would have known more of the crime ratings before coming here. We have had some instances on campus but I don't fault the campus at all. Being an open campus, I would expect others to come on campus but did not know exactly what type of things could happen.

Kali

Before Icame to this school i wish i would of known that there werent so put together regarding their financial aid.

I wish I would have known that I could I would have loved this city. If i known this I would have moved a long time ago.

jovanna

nothing much i pretty much new what is was getting into

Jasmyn

n/a

Cheree

That it would snow.

how much it was going to cost in the end.

Darah

I wish I had known more about financial aid and scholarships they offer.

Jorianna

I don't think there's anything I could say I wish I had known before arriving.

Avian

That it is a big fashion show all the time. That financial aid does not have their stuff together when it comes to helping students.

Reneshia

I am very content with Clark Atlanta University. If i can think of anything it would be the long lines in the finacial aid office before the start of school. I also wish i had known this school had a limit on the amount of scholarships given out. Other than that, i am very much content with this school.