Clark Atlanta University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clark Atlanta University

Destini

THE ILLUSTRIOUS CLARK ATLANTA UNIVERSITY is the place to be! HBCUs in general are the place to be! I encourage all black students to attend an HBCU and get a one of a kind experience that is exclusively for our people. Clark Atlanta is a business-rich school with amazing sports teams, an amazing marching band, and plenty of artistic opportunities.

Mijanae

Clark Atlanta is a great school to attend in Atlanta, Georgia . It is a good experience you can gain from great education, learning , and also having fun . Clark Atlanta University gives the black community a chance to let kids learn in a good environment around their culture which is also known to be a hbcu college. If you went to a small school all your life Clark will seem very huge to you because it's over 2,000 students attending the campus. The teachers and students are very friendly at clark and it's easy to make friends . Clark atlanta university teaches you how to run your schedule meaning time management and learning when it's time to learn and when it's time to party . Clark is a hard school ranked to get into but it's worth it because it's a very good school and community to go to . There also a lot of fraternities and many different things that you can sign up for once you do go to Clark . At Clark try to never slack on your work though or it will be a waste of your time , there time , and money you will be paying back if you didn't get scholarships and took out on loans to pay for going to that school.

Asia

I am a junior at CAU.

Cameron

I love Clark. It's a great school and it's the perfect size for me. Each professor here is great and help me with anything I need. The class sizes are nice and are shaped to accommodate and fit the needs of each student. Just the overall enviorment and experience here at Clark Atlanta University is remarkable.

What is my overall opinion on Clark Atlanta University? That is something I am asked very often since I started attending a historically black college and university, or HBCU. On the outside it is assumed be fun, laid back, and culturally driven, but my opinion would be said to be different than the average student at Clark Atlanta University because I have experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly. There are things I wish we could fix, things we should change, and more importantly where we put our money. Now in no way am I saying that Clark Atlanta University is less than great, it just was not something great for me. I come from I small town in Texas where I grew up as a minority, which means the percentage of colored people was small. So, you can imagine how different going to a HBCU was for me, but that is what I wanted. I wanted to experience my culture, learn about it, be around my peers with similar backgrounds, and be out of my comfort zone. Then, as time passed by I noticed people were not as open as I was and have already lived what I wanted to experience. Also, the professors and administration are not as open either. I've noticed that you have to bother and push people on this campus to find success, hence the school motto, "Find A Way Or Make One." That motto, to me, is a cop out. I am the type earn my spot through hard work because it speaks for itself, not bother or harass people to notice me, and that is what is disappointing to me. I do not feel the support of my peers like I thought I would or the unity; I feel as though it is every man for themselves, which is how the real world is. So, my overall opinion of Clark Atlanta University is the benefit of it preparing you for the real world.

Heaven

It's an ok school. But I'm transferring schools this fall. I Did not like the environment and academics there. The campus was sketchy at night and the teachers were hard to reach at most times. Would leave messages or emails that wouldn't get returned. Very impolite at times.

Raven

Clark Atlanta was not what I was expecting. At first, during orientation, when we were being showed the campus and the cafe everything was arranged eloquently but after about a week or two, you realize that they were not organized or as illustrious as they come off. The cafe food always is pink and what's not raw in the middle is unhealthy. There aren't many options. That goes for a lot of things. The staff tries to do the minimum even if that means leaving the students to fend for themselves. Classes are mediocre and the environment is more like a summer camp then school. Teachers either show up and have conversations or they won't answer students questions because "it's in the book". Not only is the academics bad, but the surroundings are too. In the beginning of the year, multiple people were robbed at gun point right outside the library! Overall, I would rate Clark with a two star because they don't fulfill their commitment for our safety or academic growth.

ahlahna

The school is great for opportunities regarding certain majors. I believe it is way too expensive and there is not enough funds to help students financially. The food is not good on a daily basis, but there have been days where they switched the menu. The campus life can be exciting with the many event and seminars that different clubs and individuals host. The admission ad registration process is very stressful and they do not give you any extra help. If you cannot afford the school's tuition, your best bet will be to look into another school. I have been in the student accounts and financial aid office countless times just to be told, "We have no more money." The students are friendly and usually polite on campus. You definitely meet alot of people on this campus due to Spelman and Morehouse College being a few feet away.

Alana

I love Clark Atlanta University! It is a great Historically Black College/University full of history that dates back to the 1800's. There is a lot of misconceptions that go along with Clark Atlanta's name; some are positive some are negative. The truth is in the eye of the beholder; and this goes to anyone that is in college. A lot of people say that Clark Atlanta can be boring but not it only applies to people that go to class and go back to their dorm rooms. This experience is unlike any other especially around all these apologetically black students. Needless to say that school will come with its hardships but; if you go out and make your experience it will be worth it.

Jerlisa

Clark Atlanta University (CAU) has welcomed me with wisdom and knowledge that has been inherited from ancestors from many years ago. CAU has taught students, including myself, that with whatever purpose a student have in life always exceed on pursuing that goal with or without a path right in front of you, meaning hard work will be applied. CAU also has alumni’s that come annually to campus to share their experiences and to give advice on struggles to students, providing network opportunities and relationship building. With CAU being a private institution, funds are being provided by alumni’s, organizations and more; giving that we, as students, are still here learning and reading books that were hand written by wise men themselves is phenomenal, for example, W.E.B DuBois. Knowledge is never to old and being able to broaden your knowledge and to greatly appreciate African American history is one mission that CAU has accomplished.

Kaila

Clark Atlanta is a great school but it is not for everyone. The city is great for networking and expanding horizons but as a freshman, if you do not have a car it may be difficult to maximize your experience. The campus is small so it is easy for seeing the same things to get old. Since the campus is surrounded by a not-so-great neighborhood it is hard to get to the city and find things to do without a car. Clark Atlanta University is in the Atlanta University Center with Spelman College and Morehouse College; while there is a heavy rivalry between CAU and the other two schools there are times when the students come together for events and activities.

kaliyah

clark is a great school to attend. its an experience you dont want to miss out on, but more in importantly its an opportunity to network, grow yourself, and create yourself into a business person and get jump started into the career of your dreams.

Therese

Clark Atlanta University is a wonderful institution with diverse courses and a dedicated history which serves to better the students who attend/attended. Clark Atlanta's slogan "Find A Way or Make One" perfectly describes the atmosphere of the school. The faculty and students are like family; there has always been an open door policy. Anyone who is considering Clark Atlanta University should definitely become apart of the panther family.

MYKEL

I have love for my university. It changed my life for the better. It’s mindblowing of how much I’ve learned over these past years ever since I was accepted and enrolled here. The scenery is marvelous and I’m beyond grateful I’m able to attend this prestigious school.

Christina

I feel that my University is highly illustrious like it claims itself to be academically. This institution pushes you immensely hard t be great However, the location of my university is horrible. The school is right next to a street where tons of drug dealing happens. This is followed by a vast majority of homelessness. This tends to put our students at risk for a myriad of things to possibly happen.

Kiyrah

Clark Atlanta University is a place where students from all over the world can come and find their purpose. Clark offers student the opportunity to branch out and discover themselves but the family oriented campus also provides students with the support that they need. It is very easy to get connected with someone who will help students along their four year journey. Students do not leave the same way they came, Clark Atlanta University is where growth happens.

missy

Honestly, the school is not for everybody. I am from New York and the atmosphere is a lot different when I first arrived, but after you meet people and start to build friendships it's cool. The only thing you have to keep tabs on is administration, other than that, the food is good, the professor are cool and the dorms are good too.

Nayah

I like Clark Atlanta because the moment you step onto campus, they treat you like family. At Clark, you’re not just a student, you’re apart of a big family. This helps students feel comfortable and also succeed because they can get genuine help and also feel love away from home. Our institution ensures that their students are succeeding in the classroom and beyond.

McKetria

The illustrious Clark Atlanta University is a campus full of diversity and an infinite amount of opportunities. I believe that the majority of staff, if not all staff members, wish to see all students succeed in every aspect of our lives. The values that are instilled in students will help us to "find a way or make one" throughout our lives as our motto says. Our HBCU is filled with black magic. I love how not only our professors encourage students to do nothing less than our best, but we also encourage our peers to reach their full potential! We push each other to go beyond our comfort zone and see past the little mistakes that we make and move forward. The cafeteria on Wednesdays is my favorite. Fried chicken Wednesdays is always appreciated as well as the fish on Fridays, but food is not the only reason we love the cafeteria. Various events such as mini pep rallies or simply having a dj for a few hours can turn the cafeteria into a reception. I am not sure if music with line dancing, food and fun in the cafeteria takes place at any other HBCU, but I believe that mine is one of the best. On a scale of 1-10 my HBCU is a thousand!

zyeisha

I believe that Clark Atlanta University should give their students more than the bare minimum for the amount of tuition that is being paid. I think public safety should take more preventative measures to ensure students safety since they claim that’s their top priority. I feel that all i paid for this past year was the name of the school. I wanted to support HBCUs but i don’t feel like I’m getting enough out it and furthermore, I will not be returning to Clark Atlanta University during my undergraduate career.

TyShea

I believe Clark Atlanta University is a wonderful institution. From the vibrant environment to the abundance of different individuals from many places across the world, my experience st CAU has been extremely exciting.

Dezchana

I went on a college tour to Clark Atlanta University and I can say that i will be attending in Fall of 2017, they were helpful and mindful to everything you ask.

Amber

In my opinion, Clark Atlanta University is a overall a good school. It has some great aspects such as its sense of community, activism, and recreation. However, the school's academic and economic accommodations for students are areas that could benefit from some improvement or reformation.

Sharonda

I love my HBCU but they could put funds towards schools like design instead of the sports and business centers.

Erica

I love my school, each day it is becoming more and more a part of me. I enjoy the type of people that attend and work at my school. Going to a HBCU offers a new light and perspective on life for all races. I've met amazing people and dedicated as well as respectable professors.

Clark Atlanta University is overall a pretty good school. While attending the school I had both amazing and dedicated professor and professors who didn't seem to like their job very much and I met amazing people and I also met people I wouldn't speak to again. I know its sounds cheesy but the experience really is what you make of it....I would also highly suggest for business majors and multi media majors because the school really caters to these 2 majors.

Mya

Clark Atlanta University is extremely diverse and a great experience. Attending an HBCU is an experience I have always looked forward to, and this was the perfect choice. Having two other colleges connected to us makes the AUC a unique experience. It is amazing having so many black students around who are goal driven and who want the best for each other. My freshman experience has been full of new connections, experiences, and fun. At the same time, I have worked hard and learned a lot. As a social work major, our motto "Culture for Service" relates a lot to what I believe in. As a student, our other motto "I'll Find a Way or I'll Make One" drives me to continue to do more and be better, no matter the lengths I have to go through. Overall, I am very bless to be receiving the experience I am, and very thankful for those around me at The Illustrious Clark Atlanta University.

Jaylen

Awesome environment!!! Very welcoming college with interesting extracurricular and stellar academics. During my campus tour I was impressed with the campus overall, the students, staff and faculty appeared to be welcoming. The neighborhood appeared to be a community that was very proud and supportive of the institutions.

ayanna

Clark Atlanta University is a wonderful school. Clark offers excellent classes, on and off campus housing, wonderful staff, and so much more. It is a very welcoming University for African American students who want to succeed in their careers. Clark Atlanta is a wonderful school for your child.

Briana

Clark Atlanta University is a very diverse university and I very much so enjoy being there. Whatever ethnicity you are in or where your from there's some type of group you belong to and make friends. The faculty are very inspirational and make sure that you succeed in every class. From the activities to the many opportunities Clark is a great school.

I believe Clark Atlanta is a great school, and I think it could be the place I call home for the next four years. Clark Atlanta seems to be a good college where students thrive and the education is important. They have a multitude of majors and opportunities for students to succeed and have fun.

Irayah

I absolutely love my university. Although there is no perfect school, I have been given the resources and he environment to flourish as a young Black woman. I have learned so much about myself and my history and I think that is the most priceless factor of all. I cherish everything I have been able to experience.

Nicola

Clark Atlanta University is basically 'home away from home' to me. The students and professors made my transition from my international home to college life a smooth one so far, and they are very kind and reliable. The location is situated very strategically because the library, grocery stores, the mall and post office are accessible at walking distance.

Teal

My matriculation at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University has been great overall. My school has taught me to always find a way or make one, which is our school motto. The teachers, especially in the psychology department have helped me during college and after college. Clark Atlanta University is a historically black college and has prepared me for so much for my future. I am now continuing my studies to obtain my masters at Jefferson University and have to thank Clark Atlanta University for preparing and giving me the necessary tools/resources to prosper. Thank you CAU -CAU Alumna 18'

Samaria

I love Clark. It is a great school. I went on a campus visit and their food was amazing. The scenery was amazing. Their class sizes for students are not to big or not too small. Their on campus housing should be a perspectives students dreams, it was just right. I loved the school it has now became my dream school.

London

Clark Atlanta University is a wonderful institution. I have met so many great people so far. The faculty and staff have truly helped my transition from high school to college process a lot easier. There has been only good times to report and many more to come.

Jordan

Overall I absolutely love Clark Atlanta University! There literally is no place like CAU. The school has endless amounts of opportunties and the professors actually care for the students. When I first stepped on Clark Atlanta's campus I just fell in love with the atmosphere, it's such a positive place and a beautiful campus full of amazing individuals. Full of different personalities that come together as one big happy family. For the most part Clark caters to each one of it's students. Clark Atlanta University makes it a mission that every student be prepared for life after college and help students pave their way to greatness.

naeem

I am considering attending Clark Atlanta for the 2018- 2019 school year. As soon as I stepped on campus there were people there helping making sure I was headed into the right direction. They try to push a family oriented environment and the definitely succeeded. The campus was very nice and spaced out. The Student ambassadors introduced us to some chants that they usually do on campus. I’m going there for Buisness so I mainly only learned about the Buisness school which is very competitive. Their case studies go head to head with Harvard and Princeton. This is a very nice school and suggest everyone give it a chance.

Ashanti

Clark Atlanta is a great HBCU, lacks professionalism at times. but feels like a home away from home. I wouldn't want to be at any other school. There are plenty to get involved in on campus and the campus life is exciting and always lively. I love my HBCU

anisa

The illustrious Clark Atlanta university is a great school but like any place you have to make it work for you. Academic wise I thought it was great, but we knew that already.

Aleah

Clark Atlanta is a school that offers many opportunities and activities in a friendly environment. There is always something to do and somewhere to go involving academics. This school definitely fulfils the college experience as far as housing, food, and social life.

Ar-Ryon

Clark Atlanta is a very good school but I don't really interact with everyone well. The professors are very hard to reach sometimes. Often I feel as if I have to teach myself instead of the professors teaching. The school is not diverse mostly Arabic and African Americans students. Far as sports the school has a lot of support from faculty and staff. Most sororities are suspended so Clark is not big on greek life. Overall Clark isn't the best school but it does provide an education.

Destini

For starts, when I came to orientation I just KNEW that CAU was going to be the perfect home for the next four years. There are a few things that could be improved, but the AUC, or the Atlanta University Center, school's are making sure we get together and make the AUC a place you never want to leave (But you must because no one wants to pay for college forever).

JASMINE

I am excited to enter as a Freshman in Fall 2018!

brittany

Attending an HBCU was always a dream of mine since I first decided I wanted to go to college. Out of the many I have visited, and been accepted to Clark Atlanta University was one of the best decisions I made. As soon as I stepped on the campus I was greeted by a ton of warm caring people. Campus was very active and it just gave a home-like feeling. It's been that way ever since I was accepted to Clark Atlanta University. The cafeteria food is great for a college cafeteria, the teachers are like the cool Aunt and Uncle you have back home, and the upper class men are very friendly. You can count on them for about anything you need. I was accepted to every college I applied to accept one, (that was 15 colleges), and received 7 scholarships, but I still chose Clark Atlanta University and I do not regret it at all.

Imani

I love Clark Atlanta University. I am a freshman so I had a lot of getting used to and learning about the campus, but towards the end of first semester I have fell in love with the school. My school supports one another and it is like a big family especially in my class. I have gained so many friends that I feel like they have become my family. The energy at school is always there and Clark Atlanta for sure has a lot of school pride. It is so fun to be on campus and I think anyone would really love it when you start to get involved and meet the people that you click with. The classrooms are not that big, so it is easy to ask the professors questions.

Serenity

The best decision of my life! I LOVE this university so much. There are so many opportunities around every corner. The culture is also huge down here, from well dressed Wednesdays or market Thursdays there is always something at CAU. There are several companies that come the school seeking Clark students for internships and even jobs. I just received a great job offer and the woman who owns the company is a Clark Atlanta University alumni. It is truly a great place to attend school and to start your life path. Our motto is "Find a Way or Make One"

Paige

Overall, Clark is a good school. There are some things they need to improve on in the on campus housing and in some of their buildings but there is so many people that you can meet and if you are, African American it's a plus to be in a classroom full of people who look like you and have the same mindset, if not better, than yours. It's really friendly and awesome and a place where you can feel comfortable at all times and a good place to actually find yourself.

Trejhaun

I love Clark Atlanta University. The history surrounding the school is rich. The culture is amazing here. The city of Atlanta is a great place to attend a college in. There is plenty to do and plenty of people around as well. Although we are a HBCU, it is a very diverse campus. Students come from all over the United States and from different walks of life and backgrounds. There is always something to do or see. The students are one of a kind. And you'll remember the experience for the rest of your life.

Corrina

I believe CAU is a good institution however more attention needs to be paid to our STEM majors as far as academic assistance, internships, etc. Besides that the school is a good HBCU that needs a few improvements that could be accomplished with the help of students, donors, etc.