Vancouver, WA
Clark College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clark College

Chelsea

Kaplan University delivers an exceptional, professional-level education to a diverse population of students; helping all to individually acheive a universal, working knowledge in their field of study.

Chelsea, you are on the right track! Keep focused and dedicated, because your burning "yes" for your education goals is far greater than the "yes" that you have for recreation and economic independence. All things will come in their right time. First, realize that you are surrounded by resources. Find a way to attend running start while college tuition is fully-covered. Also, begin applying for as many scholarships as is humanly possible. Finally, keep your work schedule to a minimum while living at home. Use that free time for more study. Second, you are not invincible! You may tell yourself that you can do absolutely anything, but your mind and body must be respected and protected from the effects of stress. Life is long, relax and move at a pace that is sustainable. You can get by without working two jobs and attending school full-time. Again, the most important thing is to stay focused and look at all obstacles on this journey as opportunities to grow and cultivate your critical thinking skills. You really can do it!

*I attend Kaplan online and will begin classes at WSU summer/fall 2010. In taking online courses, it is important that students are motivated self-starters. Also, it is important to consider what type of learning style each student is strongest with. Any student that attends an online university must be able to learn well from reading text and interacting with other students, asking as many questions as possible. I will soon begin taking courses at Washington State University while completing my degree with Kaplan. I would only recommend this to students that can maintain a consistent, tight schedule.

Amy

I am not sure what my school is best known for but I feel like my school is best known for their medical, nursing and dental program.

If it were even possible to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself college is not like it how it is in the movies. You can't beat the system not that I have tried or anything. What made high school worthwhile was being able to have a social life and being able to connect with other people. In college you are on your own so you have to develop different skills on your own. Study hard and absorb yourself into the material you are learning, relate to the material in one way or another, keep an open mind, try to be unbiased, if studying one way doesn't work for you try something different. Try to develop different study and memorization skills whether you are a hands on learning, visual learner, auditory learn or even all three. Keep good references with teachers so you can get letter of recommendations and be sure to apply for scholarships even though they may seem like a hassle. Keep all your work regardless because you can use it for later reference! Never be afraid to ask questions in class!

I find nothing frustrating about my school at all. I feel like my school is pretty easy going just the way I like it. If I think about it I think I can find a few things such as school being too close to home or having running start students (students who are in high school but may attending the college due to a placement test). That brings me to the placement test which tells you where you are placed and in what class. Sometimes taking the test could be a fluke!

Katherine

Going back I would tell myself to pay better attention in anatomy and human physiology and "yes this stuff WILL be important later!" To take Algebra 2, because who knew that I would graduate from equine massage school and want to become a veterinary technician. I would advise myself to learn more about nutrition and exercise, so I can avoid the "freshman 15." The walk-in clinic is on Oxford street to avoid that horrible emergency room bill. I would warn myself that high school drama never really ends for some people and to just let the gossip roll off your back. But then again, some of your best friends will be from your college days. Also, don't be so quick to write off that firefighter who wanted your number, he'll save you and keep you going in the end. But most of all I would encourage myself to keep going when the times get hard and frustrating. It's only hard because you're trying your best but you'll find a better way to phrase the title of your research paper. Finally I would tell myself to have more fun and enjoy college life.

Clark College is affordable, is conveniently located, and great starting point for beginning college students.

Dear Jessica, Hi, this is you three years down the road and in college. When you graduate apply to Clark, don?t worry about the 4-year universities that your friends are applying to. This college will get you transfer credits that you can take with you at half the cost. To save you time I?ll tell you now, you want to be a nurse so do great in your classes and get the best GPA possible you?re going to need it. Yes you really do need to study 2 hours for every 1 hour you spend in class, the teachers aren?t joking. Oh yeah, start saving your money now! Everything! Heads up mom cannot help you pay for college, you have to do it. So don?t waste your money on frivolous things, we can do that after we graduate. Enjoy your last year of high school it?s the best. After graduation be ready to hit the ground running, I know we can do this. You?re stronger then you know right now and capable of a lot more than others have lead you to believe. I?ll see you in the mirror babe.

A student who is just beginning in college and needs to get some cheap prerequisite credits to transfer to a 4-year university, an older person who would like to update their skills or earn a quick certification, or anyone who is unsure of what they want to pursue and wants to start taking classes to get an idea.

Donald

I would tell myself that college english isn't that hard and not to stress as much as i did. Also that it will be a very good year for me but i can't force things, i just gotta let them happen.

I would have to say the atmospher there. The school is very beautiful and everyone looks to be happy or just to wrapped up in life to be bothered. I enjoy being there alot but will soon have to transfer because of my major.

Shannon

Even if you do not know what you want to be when you grow up, still get as much information as you can on college. Do a little research to see if any particular career jumps out at you. Most important; college is not just for those who know or kind of know what their career path is. Start taking pre-requisites. By taking pre-required classes, something may come up that interests you. I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I chose a path that fits and I know I will be happy with.

The advisors are horrible. They are usually on the defensive and offensive, not at all friendly, and some are no help at all. I have had only one good advisor and Kathleen was wonderful.

Any person who is serious about getting an education.

Nova

The college students of Clark College are outgoing, health conscience, motivated to help all other students, and know exactly where they are heading and how they are going to get there whether it be on to a career or off to a new college experience toward their goal.

Clark College is unique in the matter of health, fitness, and wellness around campus. They have made a committment to give their students the knowledge and steps to becoming the best person and student they can be. My college has recently made great efforts to offer healthy choices not only in the vending machines around campus, but also in the cafeteria while teaching their students that there are options to eat well while still rushing to class. Clark has also implimented the Healthy Penguin Nation that awards students and alumni for making better choices iwith their health

I chose to go back to school when I was 27 years old and it has definitely been a struggle to overcome obstacles such as being a single parent and not doing very well in my high school years. If I could go back and tell myself advise it would be to think before I act and know where I want to be in 5 years. At that age the last thing on my mind was my future and I have paid the price for it since. As I have held a GPA of 3.75 in college I wish I had applied myself in high school more and wish that I had the confidence that I have now. I would tell my past self that no matter what anybody else says, I ultimately know what I want for the future and that it is obtainable and not as hard as I was told by others. I knew deep down I was worth a great future but I guess I needed the right person to tell me; perhaps I myself am the only person that could have told myself there are great things out there and work to achieve them.

Patrick

Clark is a nexus by which people in my community can go on to greater things.

Clark is a nexus by which people in my community can go on to greater things.

In high school I wasn't ready to take on the tasks one has to in order to be successful. I wish that I could tell myself to just buckle down and get done what needs to be done, but I didn't listen to others saying the same thing. If I were to speak to high school senior me, I would have to tell me that putting oneself under so much stress is going to be a hindrance for years to come. I'd try to communicate the importance of doing what you love, but it would again fall on deaf ears. I wouldn't have it any other way though. Without the mistakes I've made, I wouldn't be who I am now.

Attending any school requires a certain level of commitment that no everyone has. I haven't experienced any struggles so far, but I have seen those around me struggle with schedules and difficult course work. While I haven't encountered this particular problem personally, many other students have told me the math program at Clark is much harder than most.

If I was a high school student right now, I would probably make the same mistake I did when I was a high school senior. But if I could change that knowing what I know today, I would go to a bigger university and grow up. I was way to scared when I was a high school senior to leave my friends, family and boyfriend behind to go to a major University, but I wish I could have to enjoy the college social experience. From visiting and talking to my friends from high school that are attending a major university now, it seems like it would be a lot of fun but I missed out on that opportunity, but the great thing about attending a community college is I won't be in so much debt, but that's about it.

Most Universities or Colleges have a more exciting student life. At Clark College there are no dorms or student life such as sports that is very exciting, unless your in the sport. In high school I loved the student life but in Clark College there isn't much of that. Also there is a lot of older people who are attending here to better themselves, which is good, but not an average college campus lifestyle.

The parking and lines on campus the first few weeks of the quarter. There is way to many students and not enough parking and help for the first few weeks of the quarter.

Lindsay

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to do all of my school work, study for my tests, and make sure to keep my grades up. I would also tell myself to start filling out college applications early and fill out as many scholarships as possible.

I would recommend this school to someone who is just out of high school and is looking to get their prerequisites out of the way. Also, for someone who doesn't have enough money to get through a 4-year University. Clark is a cheap but respectable school.

I talk alot about how good the teachers are. They are always willing to meet you if you need the extra help. During class and out of class my teachers are always willing to answer my questions. My math teacher will always walk us through the problem step by step to make sure we understand the process of the equation or problem. The teachers are also very personable and are interested in getting to know each and every one of their students. It's nice to know that they care about you.

Clark College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.