Clark College

« See more reviews of Clark College

Even if you do not know what you want to be when you grow up, still get as much information as you can on college. Do a little research to see if any particular career jumps out at you. Most important; college is not just for those who know or kind of know what their career path is. Start taking pre-requisites. By taking pre-required classes, something may come up that interests you. I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I chose a path that fits and I know I will be happy with.

If I could go back and give myself advice about college I would say to be open to new things. I would tell myself to not be so set on one particular area of study. I would say to explore different options and see which areas interest me the most. But I think most of all I would tell myself to make sure that I have fun. No matter what I choose to study, make sure that I enjoy it. Don't worry about what other people may think, simply enjoy every moment that you are given.

I would encourage myself to take as many college courses as possible while still in high school because college courses are free at this time. I would have also advised myself to enroll in college directly out of high school to take advantage of the two year scholarship that was available to students in the top of the class. Many colleges grant enrollment seniority to those with the most credits, so the more credits you have the better.

If I could go back I would tell myself to not drop out of highschool yet. That I was almost done, and it would be alot cheaper to get my Washington State Diploma on-time, instead of dropping out and attempting to get it through community college a few years down the road. But now I am at a different place in my life, and I am ready and excited to learn new things, stepping up the ladder in life towards my ultimate education goals.

If I was to go back to my high school senior self; I would probably tell myself to get into college right after school and probably go away for college. I wish I was able to experience college a different way, like acutally living on campas, seeing/meeting new people. I would tell myself to ask around or research more about careers because going into college I never knew what excatly what i wanted to do.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to do all of my school work, study for my tests, and make sure to keep my grades up. I would also tell myself to start filling out college applications early and fill out as many scholarships as possible.

Take your time and think about what is is exactly that you want to go into before you start to attend ccollege, also make sure that you know how much money you want to spend and if you want to go into debt during school or pay it all of as you go.

I would tell myself to branch out and be more open and not so shy. That talking to others actually is not that bad. Asking a teacher for help is really easy and they do want to help you. Just dont worry so much.

I would tell myself that college english isn't that hard and not to stress as much as i did. Also that it will be a very good year for me but i can't force things, i just gotta let them happen.

I would tell myself to fill out as many scholarship applications as I could. I would also tell myself that I would need to use and schedule my time wisely.