Clark College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clark College

Clark College is a great school for high school graduates, or for others who might have decided to take time off after high school. The staff are very happy to help with any problems you might be having with your academics. There are tons of technological help that the school offers; for example they offer loaner laptops for students.

Blaine

My experience with Clark College began less than three years ago when my friend that attends Clark showed me the campus doing the spring time. The cherry trees, and Japanese friendship guardian at Clark show diverse creativity that is all around the school. When entering Gaiser Hall there are open LGBT flags hanging down in the building. I believe this shows that Clark is very open and progressive thinking of their students, and their ideas. My friend that is attending Clark has nothing, but good things to say. I plan on going to Clark College in the Fall of 2021 and get my associate's degree.

Anna

The Professors are highly accessible. How engaging a class is depends on the energy of the professor, and it can be really hit or miss at Clark. There is not a great sense of community outside of class, as clubs and activities are limited. The class variety is pretty good, however.

Ridge

Fantastic school with caring professors! Have yet to have a class that I did not enjoy at all. Professors are very accessible as well, and show a passion for their classes. The school is constantly trying to improve and has been very successful thus far. Would definitely recommend.

I love Clark and am very happy with my decision to go there. I feel I got a very good education for a great price and it has prepared me for my next steps. And even though it was a community college I still felt like I got somewhat of the "college experience".

Madison

Clark College is a great school with so many opportunities. I played softball for the school and you aren't just a paying student at this school. Recently I had to go into the school to get some papers filled out by my athletic director to be able to play at the school I've transferring to. He was eager to fill out the forms as well as held a conversation and was genuinely excited for me to be moving on and playing. Not only are the athletic contributions amazing at this school, but there are so many great things that the school does that not only most community colleges do, but as well as universities. For example, there is a wellness center that includes mental health counseling as well as a "doctors office." One time I got pneumonia and due to class and softball I didn't have my doctor close to me. I went into the wellness center and the nurse practitioner there saw me and then prescribed me medicines that would make me feel better. She even emailed me to follow up. For this doctors visit I paid a $15 copay to be seen and then my insurance covered the cost of the medicine. It was quick, easy, and inexpensive. The academics at Clark are also great. There are so many different options of classes to take which is great for the students who are just trying to get their AA and maybe even figure out what they really want to do with their future. In almost every department there are tutoring centers that allow for students to get extra help and the teachers are pretty much always available; even outside of their office hours. A couple of them even give out their cell phone numbers for emergency purposes. As far as the campus itself goes, its beautiful. There are sculptures that show different cultures. There are tree art that are kind of iconic on the campus. For example, there's a penguin bush (schools mascot), and also one that has these weird head things that are interesting to look at. The buildings themselves are bricks and have beautiful tall windows that makes the classrooms feel comfortable and not confining like some classrooms do. Overall, my experience at Clark College was overly positive and I genuinely wish that it was a 4 year school. Transferring anywhere else is going to seem like a lesser school because I love this one so dearly.

Angela

It's amazing! I love it here. Great instructors, many extracurricular activities to do, and they provide students with many things (such as free coffee and free planners) Plus, there are many courses you can transfer to other universities in Washington.

The campus is really well kept up and the facilities are clean. It is a community college that is a great stepping stone for someone’s career. The professors have all been amazing and very accessible during office hours or through email. There are always fun events to hang out at or resources available for academics, financial, or personal help. I would recommend Clark to anyone in the Vancouver area. Go penguins!

Mikayla

Clark College is a well organized and upbeat school. They have a beautiful campus and there seems to always be an event going on with different clubs and social gatherings. It is easy to find you way and the staff are always willing to help you if you need help finding you way.

Clark is kind of a boring school. Yet, they have a lot of services that are available if one is inclined to look for them. The college has some of these services open to the general community which is a great thing for those who may not be able to afford tuition, but need help finding a job or counseling. Overall, including the teachers and the classes, it's a pretty great school and if I had to do it over I would still come here to get my non specialty major prerequisites done.

Anna

Clark College is a outstanding community college! Clark offers many different things; like great class sizes, amazing professors, and classes for everything. Clark is a community college so there's no greek life or dorms that doesn't seem to stop students from becoming close. Everyone at Clark is very welcoming and helpful! If you're looking into going I highly recommend it.

Brittni

when I first came here I was a little overwhelmed by the size of the campus. over time it has felt smaller. the library is very good and i enjoy going in there a lot. the teachers that I have had are very fun and understanding. My friends have also had a good start here.

Maya

Clark College is a good school. Has lots of resources, nice professors and good size classrooms. Students in this school is nice and helpful. Professors are there when you need them. Clark College has variety of support for students. It allows everyone to get the education.

Bailey

Beautiful campus, very easy to navigate. Staff, students, and professors are always friendly and ready to help. Class sizes are small so there is more one on one time with your professors. The one down side is Clark is very over populated and classes fill up fast.

Trinity

Clark College is a great place to go if you are looking to get your associates degree. There are many people who are ready and willing to help you. There is a lot of diversity in the student population but everyone is always friendly. The campus amenities make it easy to focus and thrive in your education. Clark College is a great and welcoming community and is a lovely College to attend.

Ciarra

I am a running start student and I’ve really enjoyed Clark so far. I have met with an advisor and my teachers are helpful for the most part. I’ve only had a couple times where the teacher can be a little scary and intimidating. My major is nursing and all though I will be going to a different school after getting my AA I will always remember my time at Clark College.

Robert

Overall, Clark College is a solid choice as far as community colleges go. Class sizes are pretty reasonable, and you never feel like there's no way to not speak to a professor outside of class. There's a variety of food options available from the bookstore, to the food carts, to the McDonalds and Burgerville not even a block down the street. Since it's a community college, on- and off-campus housing is non-existent, so you have to rely on roommates or live at home as far as your housing needs are concerned.

Michelle

Clark College is overall a good affordable community college to earn an transfer degree. Registration and enrollment is easy. The campus is decently sized. Easy to contact a professor. Many opportunities for you to enroll in clubs or sports. Theres also a lot of student resources. For example financial aid, book store, library, diversity center, medical options, cafeteria, student center, computer labs, etc.

Morgan

The counselors are super helpful to freshman, telling you exactly what you need to know and do. It is a good introduction to college but at a more affordable price. They are also very accepting and have many clubs that suit your interests. Overall, I would say that they're a great start for anyone's college career.

Merilee

Clark College is an excellent school with high academic standards. The campus is beautiful, and new buildings have recently been added as well as a new campus across town. The professors are engaged and seem to really care about students, there are a lot of resources available to helps students that are struggling. As with all other colleges, parking can be a challenge. Also, access to some popular classes can also be difficult for newer students--but talking with an advisor can make things much easier!

jajfgao

Likewise, this is just a community college. The education from here is what you make it out to be. As long as you're determined to get involved and be apart of extra curricular activities and events, you will have a great time here. The professors are great. As mentioned before if you put in effort and time, it'll be worth it here.

Clark College is a great college to attend. The professors are kind and helpful. Many of the students are also kind. The class sizes are small which allows you to learn in a small environment. Also, most professors have regular office hours for any questions you may have.

Meghan

Clark College overall is a great place to begin your college experience. The people here are all very welcoming and many of the professors are great about creating a safe and comfortable space to get to know one another and learn. There are many great group/clubs to be involved with and resources for assistance in anything from getting a job to editing your essay. However, this is the school for Running Start students in the area, meaning many of the student body are actually high school students, which can have its own pluses and minuses.

Susan

I really enjoy Clark. It has a friendly atmosphere and the teachers are supportive and want to see you succeed. Clark has an amazing cafeteria with affordable food choices. Clark also has a family friendly environment holding monthly events for all. There are many resources available to students such as a career center where you can find help with resumes and finding jobs, the health center where they have a variety of free things such as std protection and Advil, and free snacks available if you find yourself without food. .

Victoria

Love the college, something for every student and have resources everywhere. some teachers are not engaged with their classes as some other ones are. Have scholarships, jobs, housing, and anything you might need help with posted all over the school for students. I always look forward to going to school.

Kerri

If you are unsure about where you are going in life and need guidance, Clark College is the place to go. Clark College has great financial opportunities, there are plenty of opportunities to obtain scholarships, grants, loans, etc. The professors will help in anyway that they can, even in the online classes. Many great opportunities are offered here at Clark College.

Bethanyann

I believe it is a great starter school or place to get your associates. the people are great and so are the classes but it is more their to prepare you for a four year college or university. The teachers are nice and approachable but you need to take the steps to talk to them. Other than that I have had a great experience their.

Vanessa

I’m not really involved with any of the organizations or activities on campus. I show up, I attend class, and I go home. I feel at ease on campus, at the very least I have not had an incident or experience that has given me cause for concern or reason to feel unsafe.

Vickie

Clark College really wants to be one of the best but in the pursuit have lost site of what was making them the best. They regularly hire teachers that care more about being tenured than teaching the material. The school can be a great stepping stone to transferring to another university. Though make sure you have enough credits or you won't be getting into the class.

Clark College is great for students looking for a local, easily accessible, and flexible college environment. The community is very welcoming, the campus is beautiful, there are multiple city bus stops on campus, and there is plenty of nearby housing. Clark College also has very affordable childcare programs for their students and faculty. I highly recommend this college to anyone looking for a good college education.

Brooke

Clark College is an amazing school when it comes to its professors, campus, and price. Not only is the college itself both clean and well-maintained but the general student population is friendly and academically focused. Unlike a larger university Clark College offers small class sizes which allow for greater discussions in class between students, as well as more contact with the professors. Thanks to Clark College I have been able to study a variety of subjects at an affordable price and further my education in ways I would not have been able to do anywhere else.

Hallie

I am a Running Start student at Clark College. At first, I thought I might fall behind or be terrorized by students/staff. But now I realize that fear was entirely misplaced. Clark is so amazing and I love it more than high school by far. The campus is gorgeous and the place is always clean. Facilities are strategically placed and still, they are always sanitary. Learning life is exceptional plus the campus is diverse and friendly. I love Clark and you will too.

Christian

I think Clark College is a really good school. The teachers all seem to want you to succeed and will help you do so. There is a variety of different people at Clark College, but it allows me to see other people's lives. I like the classroom sizes, because it is like high school where they are smaller and you have more of an interaction with your professor if you don't understand something.

Shay

I have been attending Clark College for the past 2 years and have had a wonderful experience. If ever I have needed help, I have always been able to get what I needed. I have been accepted to the Dental Hygiene program and am excited to be continuing my studies at Clark.

Charis

Its very nice for a community college. I enjoy the classes, the people, and the atmosphere

Alysia

Overall Clark College is a great place for people to get an education without worrying about the cost. It is small enough that the size will not overwhelm you and big enough that you can meet new people through different activities. The professors are amazing and they will help you succeed because they care about your education. I am glad that I chose to go to Clark College.

Akiva

I really like Clark College because of the teachers there that know the subject really well. Clark College also has amazing services for students that attend the college, for example; our bookstore: you can buy or rent your class text books, get other class material, and you can also buy Clark College gear to show your support for your college team. It's a community college close enough for students to walk, use city transport like bus, bike,or car to get to school. Also you get to choose your classes and the times that you go to school for them when applying for classes.

Madison

It's a really good school especially for someone right out of college. Clark makes the transition into college easy. The teachers are passionate about their jobs and the campus is beautiful! There is also a ton of oncampus benefits such as free printing and tech support as well as an oncampus gym that is afforadable!

Haley

Overall the feel of the school is really enjoyable. The students on campus are friendly and are very welcoming. We are a very diverse college and are all about combining cultures which is really nice. The classes are small and it gives students a chance to get to know their professors.

Clark College provides wonderful opportunities for both Running Start and regular students. There are multiple online and on-campus classes offered that give me the chance to pursue a career. The professors are engaging, and the students are encouraged to be conversational and kind with one another. Overall, I think Clark College is a wonderful and safe college.

Cat

I love Clark College. The professors are very accessible and very willing to work with their students. Classes are small enough to allow students to bring questions to professors without overwhelming them, and the faculty is extremely helpful with external circumstances and very knowledgeable about military benefits.

Rafael

Clark College is a great school for those who live close by or for those who simply desire to go there. Clark is also known for having great programs for those pursuing the healthcare industry and I've even been personally told that they have some of the top healthcare programs in the nation! Thats pretty cool considering its only a community college!

Brennan

It is a decent school, nice facilities and nice people. The professors are good, although some are better than others. The food on campus is decent, but there is also lots of food within walking distance or a short drive from campus. Parking is an issue, particularly at the beginning of the quarter, so expect to spend some time searching for a parking space.

Abrianna

I love Clark, it's such a great atmosphere and the teachers are very helpful. Of course there's always a couple that are no good, but rate my professor usually helps with that. The campus is clean and beautiful and resources for students to use are everywhere. Overall I think it's a great place to learn.

Marijke

I love Clark. Teachers are generally friendly and available. Class sizes are small and more personal. Great choice for a community college. The cafeteria is almost done being built and then the food on campus will probably be better. But for now not many great on campus choices for food. But fast food close by.

Khessed

I absolutely love attending Clark College, it suits my needs as a student who also works multiple jobs. It has a flexible schedule to choose from and you can always find professors who are more than willing to work with you and encourage your success as a student. I cannot recommend more to people of any age or education level looking o continue on their educational path yet still lead a busy life.

Clark College has mostly good academic opportunities; however, there is not much in the way of a community like there is on larger college campuses. Clark College is a very small school with a large population of students; although, classroom sizes are fairly small compared to larger Universities. I have not began the Nursing program at Clark College, but I am very eager to do so. Most of the teachers I have had, have been very interesting and seem to care somewhat about their students and the subjects they teach. Overall, I think Clark College is an excellent place to begin your studies, and they have one of the highest rated Nursing programs in the area.

Jocylin

Clark is a great school for what it is. As many students are older and have jobs/professional lives it can be hard to feel connected to the campus. Class sizes are generally good, teachers are usually very receptive to a student's need for help, and the price isn't too bad. However, the class options are pretty limited and classes are not very flexible because many of them are daily.

Monica

Clark is wonderful school with teachers and faculty members who truly care about their students' success and learning experience. Clark has beautiful campus with many resources offered to students to ensure their are successful throughout their educational journey.

Rebekah

Clark's wide range of opportunities and amazing faculty is outstanding especially considering how it's a community college. The best part is that it cost nothing to apply and acceptance is guaranteed. There are lots of scholarships available for this college to help with the tuition and fees which comes up to $5000 or less for full time, 3 quarters of school. My only problem with them is their website which desperately needs an update. It's confusing and slow.