Clark College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clark College

joel

teachers aren't paid well, and planning for future quarters is hard it's usually about 5 weeks before the new quarter start all classes are available to look at to see. Overall clark is a good place to get your transfer degree and offer lots of extra curricular activities, it's a great place.

Hunter

Clark is generally a good school, tuition and availability of the campus is at a good place for both college students and Running Start students (Washington State's dual-credit program for high schoolers). It provided me personally the opportunity to graduate high school with my associate degree which is a great opportunity that I encourage others to partake in as well. I enjoyed my time there and wouldn't blame anyone for attending.

Riel

Clark is a great community college nothing extraordinary. They are great at what they do. They are very well known for their STEM programs. Most especially their nursing program. They have a lot of engagement with the students in the main hall, whether it be a game or getting students involved to vote.

Christine

My overall opinion of Clark College has been a success! Instructors, professors, and staff have all been welcoming and structured to help and support wherever there's a need. I've been extremely impressed since beginning the admissions portion and speaking to an advisor to being active in the online and hybrid courses offered for convenience, as I work full-time. The registration process is user-friendly and there are plenty of knowledgeable staff members available to reach if needing assistance. Also, the resources for loans, grants, and scholarships are endless; if I'd known how easy the process for enrolling was this easy, I would have done it years ago. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to go to Clark and thus my experience has been wonderful;I have no doubt that I will continue to thrive towards receiving my AA and transferring to a 4-year college where I can pursue a teaching certificate! Onward!!

Angela

My overall opinion of Clark College is that it gets the job done. Mainly people looking to save on money or who can't afford a university go here. They do a lot for the students though which is wonderful, but the education isn't spectacular. If you are looking for a place to get your AA, it will do. It's not that special, but they are trying and they have some of the kindest people here.

Dominique

It is great! You can earn a higher education for way less than at a university. Clark provides a great environment with spectacular professors. Student life is fun! There are plenty of activities that the school provides for students. Diversity is great. Everyone is welcomed at Clark with open arms. If desiring a great quality of higher education for less money, Clark is the right choice. The resources at school are amazing. Everyone that works there wants you to succeed in school and life after college. All around great school.

Esther

I love this College. So many opportunities to do better in school and get help. Everyone is eager to help if you need it and its very local and friendly. The overall Campus is beautiful. One gets to meet people from all walks of life; whether they be still finishing high school, changing careers, or having fun in retirement. I really do love this school.

I really don’t have an overall opinion about this school so far. This is my first semester at this college. Every time I’ve gone to the college it was quite; not too many students around. However the people I did run into seemed nice or hurrying on there way to class.

Cambrie

Overall, I really love going to Clark College. I have come across excellent teachers who push me to do my best and push past my current boundaries. The school itself is always well kept-up and there are little quirks, such as penguin bushes, the Chime Tower, and a beautiful library. There are some ups and downs, as with any school, but overall I feel that Clark has a good environment and is a good choice for a transfer school.

Heather

Clark is a wonderful school especially if you are trying to find the right path for you. The advisors go above and beyond to help you find your way. The assistance programs are immense and the foundation scholarship program is amazing and was what helped me afford college. I started there just planning to get an AA and return back to work. I am now at a University for my bachelors and already looking at graduate school options.

Breanna

Clark College has been an excellent opportunity for students such as myself to get a running start on college. I am currently a high school senior in their "Running Start" program and it has been wonderful being able to earn college credit while in high school. I wish I had done it my Junior year. I know some students who are graduating this year with my high school class, but also graduation from Clark with an associates degree. It saves so much money, as running start gets extremely discounted tuition.

Annabelle

I love my college. When I first went in I didn't know anything about college or how to process works or what I needed to do, but I got plenty of help . Now I'm enrolled and starting school to be a dental hygienist and I'm so excited. Additionally, the dental program at Clark College is nationally recognized, so I know I'll be getting the best education.

I think that Clark is a good transition school and good for those who don’t know what they want to do. I went to Clark in order to save money. After I finish Clark I will be able to smoothly transfer into a University. There I can continue my education. Go Penguins!!

Valeria

I like Clark College it is the first school besides WSU-Vancouver that I have seen since I arrived in Washington.I have not attend any classes yet I am barely starting in April but visiting the school I have heard great thing. I was especially interest in there sports program but am unable to seek further information.

Jeff

I think Clark College has a lot of programs to choose from spanning over a wide array of fields and industries. They also pride themselves on creating an environment that is open to all genders, races, ethic backgrounds, and cultures. They have a no tolerance for violence or harassment which is great and shouldn't be allowed at any level. Upon looking into this school for my academic studies, I soon realized that I was making a great choice and would not choose any other. They also make the processes for registration, financial aid , and admission very simple but yet express and make a point to work with each individual every step of the way from applying, thru enrollment , to career advising. I would recommend this college to anyone.

Avalon

I loved Clark College. There's always someone you can reach if you have ANY problems. People are very friendly. Nice campus. Only downside is that all students commute so parking isn't fun.

Katie

Clark is a wonderful school, it opens opportunities like scholarships and helps you figure out what bachelor or major you may want to go into for a transfer. There's a lot of kind staff members and so many resources for students to get help whether it's school related or finances, and the school is way cheaper! Instead of having four years of loan you could only have 2 years! I will admit, the dorms are decent, but the area around it happens to be close to city with a few homeless people and some that use drugs. As a precaution I suggest either get a place that's away from Clark (then take bus/car/ect.) or live in the dorms and just be safe and responsible. Other than the people that live around the campus, the place is amazing. Great food, helps for the people that are poor, and you get a say if something a teacher or student does seems unfair or inappropriate.

Priscilla

I love Clark College, the home of the Penguins. It is a place where anyone can feel welcome, no matter the race, gender, or sexuality. It is a place where we all support each other. Teachers and Staff are always eager to help answer any questions you may have. The amenities are amazing. The resources for students are outstanding. The school offers free food for students at the Penguin Pantry which comes in handy if you forget your lunch, or just do not have enough money to buy lunch, or if you forgot your wallet at home. The tutoring clubs are very helpful as well, all the tutors are very friendly and eager to help. Overall the College is Outstanding. Everyone is there to support one another. The college does not offer housing, but it does offer help with applying for scholarships.

Generally speaking it's an affordable college, with strong academics, and a decent variety of extracurricular options available to students. On Campus housing is non-existent, but there is a decent cafe (ran by the Culinary program) for food options, so we've got that going for us. Staff and Professors are usually pretty available and helpful.