Dubuque, IA
Clarke University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clarke University

Nicholas

Well-rounded students for the most part. Some of them are slackers and don't realize their faults until later. But once they do, they shape up quickly. A few students here and there are outstanding and are rightfully at the front of the pack. Work ethic is spot on, with a few exceptions as usual.

Learn proper study techniques and on top of that also learn how you learn best. It will make some of the hardest study materials look easy when you know how to study properly. Be prepared for more work, but do not get caught up in it all the time. College/university is going to cost a lot more as well. Do not panick though, there are finiancial aveunes that help cut the cost. Most importantly, make sure you find time for yourself and friends. That 'me' time will help keep a healthly mental status, which will keep you afloat. And remember sometimes others will need your help to stay afloat as well, but do not spread yourself out too thin! College is about academic learning, but it is also about the social experience. Have fun but do not be a slacker!

Price and how it is going to be all paid for. Coming from a 2-year community college to a 4-year university was quite the jump in price. Lots of aniexty came up when thinking about it back then and even now.

Kaitlin

I would tell myself to keep an open mind and be ready for a huge transition and a big change. I would make sure to not slack off senior year, stay caught up in school, and enjoy it while it lasts. I would go on many college visits, in town and out of town, as much as I don't want to stay in town, but it is worth it just to go check out your options. I would make my final decision on what college to choose from not by where all my friends are going, but what place is most fitting for myself and where you feel will be best for your future career. As a senior in high school I would also try to get a better idea on what career I want to pursue because that will make the college transition a little easier and less stressful.

The best thing about my school is that the professors all know you by name and take an interest in your life. They are always willing to go above and beyond to help you academically and help accomodate to your needs.

Person who likes a big city, likes large class size, large school, conservative, wants a very ethnical diverse atmosphere

Rahni

THE PDS IN THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

THE PDS IN THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

The small class sizes. The PDS in the Education Department.

Work hard in high school. Take the harder classes. PAY ATTENTION! If I would have followed my advice I would have saved a lot of money as well as time. There are classes people can test out of. Every class they do that in saves them thousands of dollars as well as so much time!

Dustin

My classmates are from everywhere, Clarke is such a diverse group of people, we come from everywhere.

If I could go back to my senior year with the knowledge that I know now about college life, it would be that all the hard work and effort that I put into school will pay off. It would have been easy to blow off school and get by doing the minimum amount but all the effort that I put into high school will pay off when I am in college. It will prepare me for the larger course loads and how to manage my time with regards to school life and athletic life.

The best thing I think that Clarke has going for them is how friendly everyone is. Everyone that works at Clarke from janitors to the president are super friendly and talkative. There are some teachers that say "hi (name)" and I have never even had this teacher before.

cody

Time management and goals are the key to succeeding in college. Many college freshman fail in these two categories. They often fail to realize that study habits will be much different in college than in high school. Much more time must be dedicated to studying in college. So when students only focus on their social life, they tend to fall behind on their academic studies. There needs to be a good balance between academics and social life. When both of these areas are balanced, one is able to life a memorable and successful college life. Related to time management, living a goal oriented life is also important. College freshman need to set and prioritize their goals. Academic success needs to be at the top of the list. When a student places all of their focus on one goal, they are bound to fall behind in other areas of their lives. In order to succeed in college, students need to define and pursue their main goal while still maintaining other areas of life. It all comes back to time management and allocating the neccesary amount of time for each category or goal.

Some one who wants to experience a large university setting. Clarke is a smaller school that focuses on the student. People who are only attending college for the experience should not attend. Clarke is focussed on academic success as well as having a great experience. People who do not have goals to succeed should also not attend. Clarke helps students prioritize goals, which is sometimes the downfall to new college students.

I brag about how the teachers and proffesors are student oriented. I also am proud of how I have been able to succeed. My academic success is most influenced by hard work, but also by the help of proffesors who really do care about the students. In most large universities, the faculuty does not care about the students. At Clarke, the faculuty really do care about the success of the students.

My classmates are always very kind and helpful. I feel that I make friends in my class and everyone is very friendly. Also, everyone always wants to learn and is prepared for class with assignments.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self that size and location really does matter and affect your happiness. I used to think that I would be happy at any place of any size. I went to a larger school last year that was in the city, and I was not happy at all. I transferred to Clarke and now love my college experience and would not trade it for anything. I would tell myself to make sure that you can really see yourself living at the college and being happy. I would also tell myself to try to meet as many people as possible and see what their attitude is towards life and school. It is not good to be around unfriendly and negative people all the time. I would also tell myself to sit in on a few different types of classes and see how the teachers teach and see if the size of the class is an environment that I could excel in or not. I would tell myself to look at as many schools as possible, just to make sure.

I think the worst thing about Clarke College is the food, which is not really that bad as it is. Since I have to pick something that is bad, of everything here, the food would be the worst.

Ellen

I would have gone away to college and lived in dorm. I am not involved in the college activities because I don't live on campus. I also don't have any friends from school because I only go there for my classes so I don't intereact with anyone.

Someone who lives on campus and doesn't work. It is very diffifult to live off campus and have a job.

Clarke is small compared to the other schools I looked at. The professors are interested in their students and want to get to know you. The professors want you to succeed and will do whatever they can to help you to reach your goals.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I think I would tell myself that college would be much different than high school. I would need to tell myself that I would need to study much more than I did in high school and the classes would not be as easy as they were in high school. I would also tell myself not to go to parties every weekend and to go in to the professor's office and get help. I would tell myself that answering questions and being more active in class would help me to get to know and become more comfortable with the professor and the class. I think being more comfortable would have given me the confidence to go ask professors for help with thing that I didn't understand. Finally, I would tell myself that communication especially with a roommate is key. To have a successful relationship with a roommate you need to talk on a regular basis and work on solving problems instead of getting in fights about things posted on facebook, use the resident assistants they are helpful.

Outgoing students who want to attend a small college. The instructors know who you are and will talk to you about missing classes. Its a good school for people who are more reserved too because it is easy to get to know people and the professors and staff care about the students.

Chelsea

Clarke College (University) is a friendly environment, where students from different backgrounds unite to create a fun experience while achieving their career goals!

If I went back to when I was a high school senior, I would give myself a few tips. The first tip would be to learn a study routine that I can use for any subject. Getting into a habit of studying at least once a day will help when it comes to the harder classes in college. The second tip would be to open up and become more outgoing; this will help making new friends from all different backgrounds, which will help one grow as a person and mature. The third tip would be to still keep in contact with your high school friends and family; they are your support system and will help make an easy transition into college life. The last tip would be to know your career goals. If you follow your heart, you will be determined to become successful and achieve your goals. For example, after being diagnosed with cancer, I realized how much I want to help people; this is why I am determined to become a nurse. As long as I follow my heart and work hard, I know I will succeed.

I believe the type of person that should attend Clarke College should be a dependable, hard-working, determined, energetic and goal-orientated individual. The student should be determined to achieve a major that will make a difference in society and/or help something; not only should the student try to achieve their goal, but they should also be energetic. Being energetic is important because it brings life to a campus, which is part of what college is all about. If the person is friendly and wants to achieve their goal, they will fit on Clarke Colleg's campus!

Britanie

I have gotten a start on my life. I am in the process of going down a long path of success in order to better the lives of others. I will be in college for some time; I hope to get my MSN. Right now I work full time and am also a full time student. I have a newly found love for time management. The teachers I have come into contact with have helped me to grow personally as well as academically. Attending college has been a great experience. Not only am I learning about my field of study, but also about myself. With the education I am receiving I believe I will accomplish my goals in life.

Clarke University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.