Clarkson University Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Libby

Starting in the engineering department, my professors sort of treated me like I was a number. It's hard not to, when there are so many students in your department. I switched for my own reasons, but my friends who are still in the program say that that attitude dies down as you become more specific in your major. In the Communications/Digital Arts department (which is tiny), I've found that my professors truly care about me as a person, and not just as a student. It's a great environment to learn in, and from my friends' attitudes it seems to span across the Clarkson community.

The professors on this campus want you to succeed as best as you can. They are required to have at least 6 hours of office hours during the week outside of class time. Most of the time the teachers are in their office more than that or quickly respond to emails. During class, participation counts as a way for them to put the name to the face and get to know everyone much better by the end of the semester.

I feel as though the professors are one of the stronger points of Clarkson. I know several teachers on a first name basis and the professors who teach large classes are easily approachable and available outside class.

My Professors are always available to help either by email, office hours, or can set up appointments. My professors truly care that I understand the material they present and have no problem helping me as long as i ask.