Astoria, OR
Clatsop Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clatsop Community College

Kaila

Clatsop Community College is a great college to start off your college experience. It has a small student to teacher ratio, which provides more accessibility to students and allows for a more focused learning experience. Clatsop is also quite affordable, so its a great option for certificate programs or earning your associates degree before attending a 4 year university.

Noah

Where do I even begin? This school is not only beautiful and charming, but it has one the worlds best faculty and staff who are always there for the student. Some might come across as set in their ways and hard to change, while others appear to be on the frontier of change and human progress. This school is home to some of the worlds best artists, writers, scientists and librarians. Many have travelled the world and found Astoria as the best place to settle down and teach on the side, and if you've decided to do the same, I can promise you a rewarding and exciting learning experience is awaiting you. Take for instance our chemistry instructor, going above and beyond to deliver concepts to students, laying on the floor and putting his arms and legs into the air and explaining that he's in his lowest energy state. And the English teacher reading excerpts from her travels to Venezuela in a war torn, abandoned airport, where gunfire could be heard in the distance and a single car in front of the building was her only way out. Even Richard, a world renown artist for his dragon kiln. Just down the road, you can engage in a community experience, where once a year, he fires up pottery from local and global artists. This community is a thriving, beautiful, exciting place where education has taken a turn from the mundane and dull, to an exciting, enriching and stimulating environment. Some say Canada is a friendly place, well, they've got nothing on Clatsop Community College. Nothing. Clatsop Community College has set my standards high, and as far as I can tell, no one has beaten them.

Mallia

Clatsop Community College is unique due to the amazing view you get of the Astoria Harbor and of Downtown Astoria from the classroom windows. It may rain way more than we can handle sometimes, but it creates this peaceful vibe to the area. Also, Clatsop Community College has the most coffee stops I've ever seen in one school.

Dear High School Self in 2010, The future can be intimidating and scary, especially since we don't know what is actually going to happen with our lives and there are so many choices we can make that alters our destiny. Whatever you do though, my advice to you is don't put off going back to college for so long. It may seem like a daunting task to continue school, but it'll be the best choice of your life starting it sooner than later. Another advise I give to you, is to hold on to your relationships and don't be too serious about life. Our lives will always be here, but our friends do come and go. So hold these relationships with others close, and always keep them in your heart. And lastly, whatever you do, keep your head up high and know that no matter how rough the water gets, it'll eventually smooth over and the waves will be easier to ride as long as you do what makes you happy. SIncerely, Your Future Self in 2014

The thing I brag about my school most, would have to be the teachers. I rave about my teachers at Clatsop Community College because they are wonderful, down to earth, laid back, but stern and they make sure you reach your goals.

Alexxa

It is an amazing school that helps to allow many people to get a great education.

I honestly didnt try hard in high school. Senior year I just had a ton of fun. No parties or any drinking, just fun. Truthfully if I could give myself one piece of advice it would be to relax yet stay focused. I didnt get the grades I was capable of in high school and I should have. I am embaressed to admit that my high school gpa is a measly 2.6. Now having learned from my mistake I have turned it around and focused on my college work. I am now proud to say that my college gpa is a 3.62.

A person who likes repectable teachers who care about you and your education.

Matthew

I would go back to myself in 2001 and tell myself not to be scared. For the majority of your life you've been scared and have let fear control you. If you would only allow yourself to take a chance on something better, your life wouldn't be so rotten. Life is all about opportunity and chances, and risks and rewards. If you want to spend the rest of your life in the hole that you've dug, keep doing the same things you've always done. If you never take any risks on opportunities, or people, you'll never have a life worth living. Make the most out of the life you've been given. Don't be afraid of rejection or being let down. Without the downs in life, there would be no highs. If there were no bad days, you'd have no reason to appreciate the good days. You meet people you don't like to learn the value of people who truely love you. So don't just sit around and wait for life to consume you... consume yourself in life.

sarah

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now I would have told myself college is alot harder then I thought it was going to be when I was still in high school. You have to be self motivated and the teachers arn't going to call your parents if you dont go to class. Your learning for you not for your parents and no one else. College is expensive and the more grants and scholarships you apply for the better. You need to stay on top of your homework and study at least two hours a day. You need to study alot for anatomy and physiology because its hard. You have to stay on top of your goals and do whats best for you. Basically study hard , stay determined and live your life, if you dont suceed then try, try again, your the most determined person I know and I know you can do it. Your dream of becoming a Surgical/Trauma nurse will be a reality and you will be able to help people all over the world. Stay strong and never give up. Ever.

During construction parking was limited, so students would have to walk a while longer to school. But who dosent like the exercise.

Clatsop Community College is a great school to take prerequisites from it offers many different programs and courses to better prepare you for the future and the cost of tuition is alot lower compared to other schools. The teachers are wonderful and they display and teach their knowledge with pride, they make you want to learn and suceed. The students are good natured as are all of the staff, our college just got renovated and the new building looks amazing, they have added an entire new building for health and science majors.

Kate

It?s so friendly here and has a small town feel combined with the excellence of learned professors and a supporting community. There is an abundance of classes to take in all kinds of varieties of studies. The school being as small as it is gives students more one on one time with all the teacher and other faculty such as counselors, librarians, and all desk workers. It is a wonderful college for any student serious about getting a great education without the price of a university.

I would walk right by my past self without saying a word. Everything I have been through has made me the kind of person I am now and I?m fairly happy with who I am. I have been hurt and have made many mistakes but none that I couldn?t fix or face. The transition into college was good for me; I wouldn?t take any learning experience away from my past self.

The only drawback of Clatsop Community College is that many people who go here have know each other since 1st grade. True there are many other students who come from other places, but CCC isn't a great place to go to reinvent yourself if you've lived in neighboring areas, which is one thing many students look forward to when going to college. There are students are quirky or ?different? of course but this is exactly the kind of community college you should expect to find in a small town on the West Coast. No surprises here.

Kristina

prep for college with a tough schedule, practice noite taking in class and try to develope study skills to the extreme

convennnence to the local bus system with my schedule

adjusting class schedules to get the best fit time wise with my major

Clatsop Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.