Morrow, GA
Clayton State University

Brandy

Very good university for the money and size. The books are expensive and FA is a nightmare but I think that's typical. University is working to expand so the campus housing is larger and there are so many amenities. I wish they would put in a sailing class since we have so many lakes.

Elijuah

Entering Clayton State I truly did feel a totally different, yet positive atmosphere. I am a current student here in the university and so far I truly enjoy it. I would recommend Clayton State University to others who like a great diversity of students, professors, and food.

Raven

Academics and the aesthetic atmosphere here is great. The campus is beautiful and ideal for those who enjoy the peaceful quite of nature. The facilities here are decent and kept up to good standards. The only negative aspect of this school is the housing department. There is a complete lack of communication and the appearance of the buildings convey that there is very little regular maintenance. For a school that is consistently growing in attendance, you expect housing to be a priority, but it seems as though it has been placed on the back burner.

Calicia
Why did you decide to go to this school?

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I want to become a Journalist or Editor and this school was not only in close proximity to where I live, but also offered my major.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Although everyone on campus is very friendly, with only one or two negative people, I find you have to be a very outgoing and socialize a lot more here. The students that have already met their friends and people they socialize with tend to only socialize with each other and stay within their groups.

Lahronda

I believe that Clayton State University is best known for its location and diverse student body. The University is located in a safe neighborhood type area, relatively close to the highway. It is convenient. Also, students come from all walks of life - right out of highschool, working professionals, and military.

The unique aspect about Clayton State University is the availability of diverse learning platforms for non-traditional students like myself. I am a working professional completing my degree; CSU has made it easy for me to continue to work. The University has managed to maintain a challenging online environment to ensure that students still receive a quality education.

I have had a long time to contemplate this question. I am a 41 year old wife and mother, completing my undergraduate degree. I began school back in the fall of 1992 and had a few mishaps along the way. Over the years, I have learned that is extremely important to recognize opportunities and to take full advantage of them. Youthfulness is a profound advantage and opportunity, use it wisely. I would tell my younger self to, yes, have fun, but do not fully commit to anyone or anything but you. And in the midst of that commitment, find the balance between you and humanity – whatever your goals and dreams are the world needs you to accomplish them. And finally, be gentle with yourself. We all make mistakes; give yourself room to grow through the mistakes. It’s ok. The only tragedy is when you do not learn from those mistakes.

Randi

The school is a medium size community and students dont feel overwhelmed by large classes. There are traditional and non-traditional student which makes everyone feel comfortable. The professors are easy to access and willing to help with material.

Its important to stay focuse and dont allow unnecessary obstacles get in your way. Concentrate completely on your degree, set goals and take the proper step which will help you in the future. Become a diverse individual and gain knowledge from various professor. Form connection with people that are active in your field and dont be closedminded to different opportunities. Study and alocated enough time to your work because its important to make yourself knowledgeable in your field. Be strong and dont give up on your dreams.

The ability to have professor who are interested in helping the students achieve their goals. Professor that will assess with helping the students learn material outside of schedule class time.

Jessica, Being an athlete that went on to compete in college, I have many things that I would tell my younger self. For one, be confident, not only in sports but in school as well, you are capable of more than you think. Do not procrastinate, procrastinating will get you nowhere and you will end up getting an 89.6 instead of a 90 and college professors don't round. I know you re a slow reader but start reading and get used to it, start liking you books. Lastly, embrace every moment because it is only here for a short time. Trust your gut and go with the flow, college is supposed to be a once in a lifetime opportunity that most people don't take advantage of. Once you do all of these things the rest is yours to figure out. Your future self- Jessica

I wish I would of known that I would be in class with older adults in some classes, I feel that sometimes it slows the class down. I am glad that our school is so diverse but I want to get what I paid for.

I wish that my school had more majors to offer, its frustrating seeing my fellow athletes that came to this school because they could afford it and recieved a scholarship but they don't have their major.

Akil

Clayton State University is an institution which prides itself on the ability of its staff.

CSU students are an eclectic group of intriguing people.

All right, Past Akil. I need you to listen up and listen carefully. During your first semester of college you will meet some fascinating people. Their characters will make you grip to them and hold on for your dear life. You'll lose yourself in the joy of their presence and what you believe to be the muddledness of their personality. Here is your warning: Imagine these people complexly. Work painstakingly to do this. Think of them as more than captivating storybook characters, but as people with actual concerns, desires, and fears. Do not lose yourself in your interest in others. Keep reading books. And don't make any promises you can't keep. Love, Future Akil

Jamelia

Don't let ANYONE tell you what to do. This is your life, and at the end of the day, only you can live. Mother doesn't always know what's best. Don't be afraid to grow in your relationship with God. Get your license as soon as possible. I love you. I always will. You'll find the right guy, but don't get caught up on finding him. Work on yourself first.

Any person who knows what they are doing, and really loves what they're doing--as long as it's a major or minor here--should attend this school.

If you are not good with research, or not taking no for an answer, don't bother coming here. I'm sorry, but based on my experiences, this school will screw you over financially and resident-wise if you don't know who to talk to.

Clayton State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.