Clearwater, FL
Clearwater Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clearwater Christian College

LIGAYA

Work hard, be patient, and relax. Develop a diligent study method, master the art of time management, and consistently work hard. Trust that your blood, sweat, and tears will pay off because the universe will bend towards the good you have done, therefore, when the good opportunities presents itself, embrace those moments because you have done the hard work to deserve it. And lastly, live your life because no one else will live it for you.

Natasha

I would advise myself to challenge myself in every subject. I would tell myself to develop a studying method, and actually learn the material not just study to pass the test. I would tell myself to stay ahead on all assignments and not procrastinate, because it leads to unnecessary stress. I would start saving every extra dollar I had, and apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself to figure out what major my heart was telling me to pursue, and narrow down my school options that offer my major. I would tell myself that waiting to the last minute to chose a college and fill out scholarships, results in missed deadlines and just randomly choosing a college and not even being sure if they offer your major. I would emphasis the importants of my grades regardless of the class, they will be looked at. I would tell myself to actually study for the ACT, not just go take it. The grade is very important and is always looked at. I would tell myself to take all the dual enrollment classes offered in high school that would benefit my major.

Nichole

If I could go back in time to when i was a senior I would of tiold myself to take school more serious. I would of advised myself to do better and pay more attention in class and to also make a college a priority to do after high school and not wait so long to go back. I would tell myself that education is number one and when you let that past by you have nothing.

Christina

If I were to go back and have the opportunity to see myself as a high school senior, this is what I would say: nothing. The reason for this is that I have been doing very well my first two years of college. I have been awarded Outstanding Psychology Student of the Year, I became and officer of the Psychology Club, I had a great volunteer experience with patients with brain injuries, and I became a member of the honor society Phi Theta Kappa. Socially, I have made the best friends I have ever had and have gone through great experiences.If I were to tell my high school self any of this, what would it change? Maybe I would have taken these achievements for granted and not worked as hard. Perhaps I wouldn’t have branched out the same way to meet the people I have. I do not wish to risk that. Instead I would look at the younger me and smile in reminiscence. She would ask about her future but I would tell her nothing. I would just be happy for what I know she has ahead of her.

Rebeca

If traveling back through time to my high school self would not create a paradox and destroy the world as we know it, then I would tell myself three things. 1) Don't be afraid of the unknown. I remember how I would shy away from applications of all kinds, ranging from jobs to scholarships. It's okay to put yourself out there and let people know what you can do. 2) Don't follow the crowd. If you know something is right, but others don't understand your point of view then forget the others! Stick with what you know to be true. It will be, at times, a very lonely road. But you must remember that even though you're out on your own, you are never going through life by yourself. Lastly, 3) Listen and obey your parents judgement. They really do know great tips and hints about life. Don't be stubborn wanting to do your own thing because it will often times result in heartache. This is a quote I'd like to leave my younger self "You can do whatever you want, so long as you are willing to receive the consequences. "

The teachers are the best part of Clearwater Christian College. All of them are understanding and approachable, willing to help not only students asigned to them according to their major, but other students as well.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about Clearwater Christian College. My first year experience was more or less what I expected it to be.

Kevin

Be yourself and just fit in how you are. Study hard and don't slack off because it's not as easy and laid back at high school was.

The friendly enviorment and the helpfulness of the others students and the professors.

I wish I would have been a little more prepared for the level of difficulty that college would be compared to high school.

This is a conservatice, christian college with few atheletics for people to do and focused on academics but all to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. This school will try to help students in any way that they can, and it is alot fo fun on this campus becuase it is a family atmosphere.

I would tell myself to follow my heart even if my parents are not on board. I would say that teaching is my dream and my passion and that I should go into math ed instead of physcial therpay to begin with. One big piece of advice is to really study, becuase college is so different from high school and you have to study to do well, but not forget your social life; you have to have balance in your life to do well. Also, yes the school has rules but they are for your benefit. I realized that the teachers here while they are hard they really do care about you as a person and want you to do your best. Also, do not take biology because science is not yor strong point but don't give up because you don't want to be struggling to pass. Finally, i would tell myself to listen to what my parents say, they were in college to and know what their talking about and call your family and talk to them. They miss you. I did not come to college to find a soul mate but to get an education.

This school is a Christian college so most people are Christian. Also, this school is expensive so you have to have a desire to do well and want a job in the future. It helps to have a rich family but scholarships are avaailable to some degree. This school is also small, so teachers get to know their students and is willing to help them; you have to be able to ask for help and know that teachers will push you to do your best. Also, students should never give up no matter the circumstances. Finally, beleive in yourself.

Moody

Clearwater Christian College's goal is to give students not only an academic, but also a Christian education. Proffesors implement teachings from the Bible into lessons, and Student Life expects students to live according to Biblical principals in and out of the classroom. All students minor in Bible, and they attend chapel four times weekly. Moreover, teachers and faculty strive for excellence. Most of the proffesors have their PHD or are in the process of gaining it. With a small teacher to student ratio, students do not find it difficult to go to these proffessors for private assistance.

College life is different from high-school, yet not drastically so. High-school students should set their priorities before actually arriving at college, and they should often remind themselves that the reason they are at school is to study, not socialize. Keeping one's long-term goal in mind- graduation (with a high GPA)- is also critical to remind one's self constantly. For college life easily is an existence of immediate gratification with people, with food, or with one's new-found freedom, and many college students forfeit their long-term goals for these.

Clearwater Christian College is foremost a Christiam college. The campus is small, and the student body does not exceed 600 students. Acedemic and Christian excellence is stressed.

First, I would recommend taking a few dual-enrolled classes as a senior in high school to help kick start my college career. I would also recommend that I look at several colleges, talk to other students who attend that school, and visit the schools before making any decisions. I would slowly prepare myself over the summer to get adjusted to a school schedule (sleep, etc.). I would also recommend creating a schedule that allows myself at least 3 hours a day of study time. I would also say that the first year of college is not all fun in games, and you should make sure you keep on track with your school work. Learn to balance your time. I would also recommend that you should save as much money as possible before starting college, and don't spend it on unnecessary things. Finally, it is ok to ask for help, go talk to your professors or upper-classmen for help.

The best thing about my school is that the faculty really care about your personal life along with your academic life. They are there to help you and guide you. They spend time with students and get to know them and try to help the best way possible.

A person who is willing to put up with rules that better help the run of the campus. Also a person who is focused on academics but also enjoys some social activites. We also have a great intercollegiate sports program for those who are athletic. Also, someone who enjoys being around people and wants to build life long friendships.

Jaclyn

Not only have I received an immense amount of knowledge in just the year and a half I have attended so far, I have had the opportunity to cultivate amazing relationships. I have found in my peers deep, lasting friendships, and in my authorities, care, concern, and love to help mentor me. In attending a Christian college, I have learned more about how intricately God designed His creation. I appreciate that I will be receiving a Bible minor along with my Biology degree. College has also given me the opportunity to meet professionals in my field of study and ask questions of them. I covet the time professors have spent with me, explaining and answering questions about course material and otherwise. My job as a Biology Lab Assistant has also been a tool for learning which I would not have gained elsewhere. I am deeply thankful for this opportunity I have to attend college, especially at a school that I love so much.

People who care about having a Christ-centered, Bible-based education. People who love small classes and one-on-one attention from the professors. People with a more conservative background, or at least ones who won't mind attending a conservative school.

People who are going to complain about the rules instead of trying to understand why they are in place.

Clearwater Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.