Clearwater, FL
Clearwater Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clearwater Christian College

Corianne

Clearwater Christian College is known for its strong emphasis on Biblical truths. Students here are immersed in Biblical teaching in all of their classes. This emphasis prepares us for careers in our chosen fields, but with a strong Biblical worldview. Faculty here love us and pour themselves into our education to make certain that when we graduate we are prepared to go into the world equipped spiritually and intellectually.

My experience here at Clearwater has been invaluable because of the faculty. They are like parents to me. They truly care about details of my life, not just my academic affairs. They are concerned when I am sick; they are excited about things going on back home; they understand when I'm not having a good day. People always talk about how it is in college that you'll make those friends that you keep for life, and they're usually referring to fellow students. While I do have close friends among the student body, some of these lifelong friends that I am gaining are actually faculty members with whom I have worked very closely and spent much time in my college career. These are the ones that I will miss the most. It has been so valuable for me to attend Clearwater because of this one-on-one mentorship and encouragement from people who are not afraid to impart wisdom and become actively involved in my life.

Students who are not interested in being mentored in preparation for their careers should not attend Clearwater. The school takes a personal interest in each student to help them mature and grow in every area during their time here at Clearwater.

Courtney

My classmates are God-centered, focused, seeking to do their best.

My classmates are God-centered, focused, seeking to do their best.

I have grown up a lot these past two years in college. College helped me see who I was, be focused on my goals and what the future possibly holds. It has been so valuable because I have made life-long friends, realized how much I do not know/am learning, and has shown me what being a woman of character looks like. My professors are phenomenal: challenging, encouraging us to do everything with excellence. I have realized the joy in slowing down, enjoying the time I am spending now preparing to impact people through my job.

Anyone who is a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is looking to grow in their relationship with Him.

Andrew

The college has an excellant location and rivals ANY other college I considered. It is located so close to the Tampa Bay that part of the bay can be seen from the campus dining facility. There are lots of beaches within a one hour drive and several within a ten minute drive.

Clearwater Christian College has excellent faculty but not enough of them. The faculty teach very well but are often overloaded with work. Scheduling classes can also be a challange. Because of the college's small size certain classes are only offered up to ever other semester. Other classes are offered every semester but at only one time--example Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 AM. Still other classes or groups of classes are only taught by one professor, giving students no varitety.

Benjamin

I have been able to play intercollegiate basketball, and I also have been able to learn different subjects from a Christian perspective which shows you that God is the key to success.

Someone who is not looking for Gods leading in their life.

Probably the curfew rule that we have to be in our dorms at 1030 pm.

Renee

Going to college has done so much more than broaden my education; it has been an all around learning experience that gave me both education and life lessons. My classes gave me vast amounts of information that will be valuable to my success later in life. For example, my english class taught me how to clearly and effectively write, and my math class taught me how to solve various types of math problems that have real life applications. Other than education, attending college has taught me life lessons. I have learned organizational skills and how to prioritize. Also, I have learned how to adjust and be respectful to people even when our personalities vary greatly. It was through these lessons that I have learned that my college experience was truly valuable. The minute details and previously unknown side of my desired profession were revealed to me, shaping me into the knowledgeable person I need to be. Likewise, through newly gained independence, my character, integrity, and ethics developed depth and stability. In conclusion, college is not all about education; attending college gave me education and life lessons in an all around learning experience.

The best thing about my school is that it is Christ based with high expectations for success and the professors care about the students.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that the rules, although set for our own good, sometimes feel like a weight.

Caitlin

Class mates become some of your best friends. They are a lot of help when it comes to your classes.

I would tell my self that I should study more. It may not seem like fun and it may seem pointless but you wont regret it because it will give you an advantage and skills that are harder to learn later on. Pick a school that best fits you and what you beilve in. Look at everything about the school and talk to the students because they know more about the actual day to day then what the school tryis to show you. Enjoy college do not spend your time wishing it away when it gets dull. Make lots of friends because they will beable to help you out a lot with your classes and with adjusting to being in college. Get involved in campus activities it will make your experience more worth while. Go to your teachers for help they will respect you for your effort to do well in there classes. Never take anything for granted college is an amazing opportunity and not everyone gets that opportunity.

The administration treats the students like children instead of letting or expectin them to act like adults but still tells the students they should act like adults.

Chris

They are spiritually sound, smart, athletic, talented in music, and all around good people.

I would tell myself to work as hard as you can in high school so you could attend a great college, ty to get as many college credits as you can so when you go to college you wont have such a hard time. Also, it will provide you with better study habbits in the future.

The person that should attend Clearwater Christian College is somebody that loves their Lord Jesus Christ or somebody that wants to get closer to the Lord.

If I could go back in time to when I was in high school I would tell myself to not focus so much on the price of a college, but instead, base my decision on what the college has to offer me and what it will contribute to my future in business.

The best thing about my college is that not only did the facutly and staff make the enrolling process easy, but they helped me step by step in deciding what classes I needed to help me reach my goals of success. When I first started looking for colleges I didn't know what to expect, but upon entering Clearwater Christian I knew I was receiving a premium education by professors who really cared about me and my education. Clearwater Christian has proved to be the best college decision that I could have made.

What I brag about most regarding my school is our smaller class sizes and the hands-on teaching our professors provide for us students. The learning environment the professors create is easy to understand while still maintaining a level of difficulty that helps equips us students for real life experiences and the tools that we will need to overcome them. I have never been under better professors. I highly recommend Clearwater Christian School to any student who wants hands-on training in a positive and effective learning environment.

Bryana

My school believes that Jesus is the son of God and is dedicated to help each student to grow spiritually and educationally.

College is more in-depth than high school is, therefore, college needs more concentration. Statistics say that 85-90% of high school work is done inside of the classroom, but in college only 15-10% of the work is done in the classroom. Each subject in college is more thorough than that of the high schools subject. If I were to go back in time, I would tell myself to pay more attention to the details of each subject, and to study a few days in advance instead of the night before so that I might retain more of the information. This would make the transition from high school to college easier. It would create the habit of studying before-hand, and would prevent college students from having to pull ?all-nighters.?

Since the school is small, the student to teacher ratio is low. Therefore each professor gets to know the students on a more personal level, building a relationship and better understanding each student to help them with their individual needs.

Alicia

When searching for schools, I focused on Christian liberal arts colleges and universities, but Clearwater Christian College was the most helpful in regards to financial aid.

Dear Alicia, You're almost ready to graduate from high school and will be making an amazing transition to college studies and life. There are few things you should know before you take off. Work hard in everything you do, including studying, planning, writing--even thinking! Spend the time to do every assignment with excellence. College professors are absolutely thrilled when they meet a student with a critical mind, one who learns and is eager to do so. Follow that example. Glean from them as much as possible. They are absolute treasure troves of information and knowledge. Be kind, friendly and open to those around you. Smile even when you don't feel like it. Behave with integrity and sincerity. Even as a freshman, people will be watching you. Be worthy of their attention. Finally, and most importantly, love God. Spend time with Him fervently as you learn to love Him more. He is your strength and renewal. The quality of your relationship with Him is directly to related to your relationship with everything else. He is worthy of your time above all else. Take heart to what I've said. It comes from experience. Love, Alicia

While the small size (approximately 600 students) is nice, it is often a detriment. Fewer opportunities exist here than at other colleges and universities I considered, though the faculty and staff do their best to give the students as many opportunities as possible.

Clearwater Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.