Clearwater, FL
Clearwater Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clearwater Christian College

Tabitha

Because of Clearwater Christian College's size, the faculty that really cares about their students and wants them to learn, and the students are friendly and involved.

#1 While college is about academics, grades, and interesting classes, equally important is the atmosphere of the college and dorms. One cannot make it through college without supportive friends, teachers who genuinely care that you learn, and a campus that is safe. #2 Even though all you are thinking about right now is the big question of "Where are you going to college?", it is important to think about the rest of your life as well. After your four years at college, you may want to remain nearby because of good friends or job opportunities --could you see yourself living there? When living on your own for the first time and maybe starting a family, will you regret spending so much on a private college? What clubs and activities can you become involved in at the school that will develop friendships and look good on your resume? Don't just think about a good college experience; consider the future. #3 Go for it! If you make the wrong decision you can always transfer. Don't worry. Simply trust God, listen to your familiy's advice, and make your best decision.

Clearwater is definitely geared for conservative Baptist Christians; yet, as a Mennonite I have never felt ostracized or unwanted. In fact, people have gone out of their way to encourage me and thank me for being unique. However, the school definitely has conservative guidelines, that one should be prepared for.

Ashley, I know you are having a blast but grades do matter. Your highschool friends may define your world right now but they will soon move on with life just like you. New friends will take their place and as your world changes (yes, I know it is hard to imagine but it will happen) your frame of referrence will begin to steadily grow and new ways of thinking will take the place of your current frame of mind. Not only will your frame of referrence become larger but you will be forced to grow in other areas as well such as emotionally. You will learn that you can't call Mom every time something goes wrong and that the times you can you will appreciate her advice and realize that you should have never taken her or the rest of your family for granted. So please, though all you are living for right now is next friday night, please pay more attention to your grades and spend more time with your family, because if you don't you will regret it later.

The focus on volunteer work is one positive aspect about this college because it cases you to get involved in your community. The faculty and staff are another great aspect of this college, they are extremely friendly and there to help students through personal and academic difficulties.

A christian student who is looking to get a spiritual focus along with whatever career they are majoring in. A person who is looking for a family orriented college will fit right in here.

Dennist

Keep sight of your dreams and aspirations. Hard work, determination, and focus while you are in college will help you to accomplish all that you want too. Try not to get discouraged when it seems that life isn't going your way. Everything happens for a reason, and while you may not see it right now, you will one day and you'll understand. You will make it through and it really isn't as bad as it seems. Just wait and see, you can overcome anything and everything that is thrown your way. Keep your head up. You will make it, and you can do it and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. College is just one more thing in life that when your done you can look back and say, "Yeah, I did that. And I'm glad that I did."

How they don't offer the courses that you need to graduate every semester because of the size of the college some classes are only offered every other year and not as often as they are needed.

The workout facilities could really use some help. They are working on improving them, but for the most part they are not very helpful. The food isn't that good, and the meal plan is horrible. You have two options and that's it. There are really no places for the students to hang out on campus, and the weekends on campus are like a living in a graveyard.

Angela

My college is best known for it's Christian beliefs and values. Compared to other secular colleges, each class begins with prayer, and the professors always make sure to share the message with the students of each class. Also, the teachers make themselves available for one-on-one sessions where they will answer questions and pray with the student.

I would encourage myself to seek the Lord diligently about what He wants me to do with my life. It's only when I am doing what God wants me to do that I am going to be satisfied with my life. I would also seek godly counsel for advice and feedback about my decisions. Then I would research colleges that offere the degree I am going to pursue and pray and ask God for wisdom about which college is for me. Later on, I would enter the college atmosphere with clear direction and determination at reaching my goals. I would encourage myself to make friends and enjoy the college life while also keeping the right priorities. The two most important aspects to being successful in college are paying attention in class and doing the homework. Also, it's important to reward myself for the accomplishments I make and encourage those around me as much as I can.

Since my college is a small private college, some classes are only offered once a year. This was frustrating to me because I would prefer to take classes that begin after 10:00 a.m. since I am a commuter that has to drive 30 mins. to get there every morning. However, the classes I needed to take are only offered at 7:35 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. next semester.

Laura

It is best known for being a smaller Christian college that is a lot more strict than public or state collges.

Be patient and do not stray from your studies because time is precious and it is important to stay focused and get good grades.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the small number of students leads to everyone knowing or getting involved in others' personal business.

Bryan

I should have took high school more serious. I shouldve took my studies more serious. I feel that if I would have done that. I would be in a better financial situation school wise. I think your attitude towards a students studies in high school can affect a student long term.

The sports at the school.

Jared

My school is a Christian, Liberal Arts college with a wide variety of majors and minors where you will be taught from a Christain perspective but not secluded from the teachings of evolution; you will recieve a balanced education with a great student to teacher ratio so that you can really get to know your professors (most have a doctorate in their area of study) on a personal basis; it is regionally accredited with a great staff who really cares about the student and where academics is stressed.

The main thing that I advise is to manage you time well! Once you get into college, it is much easier to let your grades slide because you didn't finish an assignment due to a lack time management. It is essential to balance the time spent having fun with the time spent studying. Time management is essential to success in college. While it is important to have fun, you need to make sure that you finish your work on time, and it is best to finish your work early because that allows you to have fun without the thought of assignments being due in the back of your head, ruining your night of fun because of stress. The other thing that I would advise is to make sure that you get plenty of rest. It is very easy to allow yourself to stay up extremely late. Don't do it! When you stay up late, it is harder to focus on your studies and to do well in your classes. Also, the student who gets plenty of rest will often be healthier and do better in his area of study than those who don't get enough rest.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the number of credits at which you are conidered to be taking an overload is above 16, and you have to pay extra for every credit hour above 16. My major requires that I take 18 credits in some semesters which means that, even though I'm just following the plan to finish my degree in 4 years, I have to pay extra money for those semesters. I think that if you are supposed to take above 16 credits that you should not be penalized for that.

Gabrielle

My class mates are very helpful. I have many friends that are in the same major that I am in, and that has helped me a lot. Because of these friends I am able to work with them out side the class room in study groups and labs. I would probably say, with the exception of my roomate, that my classmates are my closer friends and they have helped me through a lot.

Well, during highschool I was a very shy and I wasn't sure what I wanted all I knew was that I liked to read books and dissect. Looking back I wish that I had had a little more confidence. I would say to myself: figure out exactly who you are and don't be afraid to show it, never back down and keep fighting for your dream. As a senior in highschool I decided that I wanted to be a doctor, and striving for that dream has not been easy however, I know that it is still what I am suppose to be doing. Therefore, I would reasure myself that I am doing the right thing. I would probably also say to myself: Don't let boys get in the way of your dream, because somewhere in the future their will be a time and place for that. Lastly I would say have confidence, be yourself, have fun, and don't be afraid of failure.

Well, I definately brag about my school being in Clearwater Florida where there is nice weather all year round and there is a beach nearby. Now, I'm a biology major so I don't get to the beach a ton, but I do love the warmer weather during the wintertime. (I'm from Pensylvania). The other thing that I love is that I go to a smaller school where all of my teachers know me as a person and help and explain things to me as many times as I need until I understand.

Elisabeth

I would have spent more time looking into colleges and submitting more appications. At the time I figured I would just stick with the schools that seemed to be "within my reach." I have since learned though that you will never know if a school will accept you if you never even try in the first place! I also would have spent more time researching scholarship opportunities since many have to be completed during ones senior year in order to be eligable.

Clearwater Christian College is for students who are looking for a great liberal arts education taught from a Christian perspective. It is perfect for those who want to attend a small private school in order to get to know people. Clearwater Chritian runs between 600 and 800 students so it is easy to get conected on campus with fellow students so it is good for students who may be overwhelmed with a large university. The small class size also fosters learning for those who learn on a more personable level.

The professors at Clearwater Christian College are some of the best people and therefore Professors around which makes them the thing I would brag about to my friends. They have the students' best interests in mind and always have an open door policy. If you are having problems with a certain assignment they are more than happy to claritfy things. But this generosity extends beyond class work, they have also taken the time to sit down with me and give me guidance when looking into career and intership opportunities.

Anna

I feel like I was well prepared for the college experience at Clearwater. My old sibling attended there so I was able to find out a lot of stuff from her. I gues I would say come prepared to work hard and don't be affraid to get involved, even as a freshmen.

There are so many ways to get involved at Clearwater. There are all the sports teams, the greeks and other extra-curricular activities. I am personally invoved with two sports as well as a greek officer.

Someone who enjoys people, working hard but being involved in his/her school.

Clearwater Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.