Clearwater Christian College

« See more reviews of Clearwater Christian College

I have learned so much in my education major requirement classes that I feel incredibly prepared to step into a classroom the second I graduate. I have also have learned so much about God and have grown closer to Him through my experience with this school via classes, dorm life, christian services and personal time set aside. I have been able to learn how to live with people with different views and living styles. I have learned self control and open mindness through different room and suit mates. My greatest gain from my college experience is the life long friends I have made. Even with people graduating ahead of time and transfering out for various reasons I have kept in contact and always have a chance to receive Godly advice when I'm struggling with something. I know I can count on them and the even the staff here whenever I need something, even after I graduate.

First, I would recommend taking a few dual-enrolled classes as a senior in high school to help kick start my college career. I would also recommend that I look at several colleges, talk to other students who attend that school, and visit the schools before making any decisions. I would slowly prepare myself over the summer to get adjusted to a school schedule (sleep, etc.). I would also recommend creating a schedule that allows myself at least 3 hours a day of study time. I would also say that the first year of college is not all fun in games, and you should make sure you keep on track with your school work. Learn to balance your time. I would also recommend that you should save as much money as possible before starting college, and don't spend it on unnecessary things. Finally, it is ok to ask for help, go talk to your professors or upper-classmen for help.

Focus!!! The key to staying on top of college life and classes is focus. There is so much going on during college life, and you need to keep your focus on your studies and also on extra-cirrucular activities. College's main focus is to do well, but you also need to have fun and enjoy it. Manage your time so that you get all your homework done and do not fall behind. And then set aside time to hang out with friends and establish friendships. Remember to enjoy your college life, for that is when your life starts and where your whole life ahead of you is determined. Keepy your focus on God, and He will direct you. He always knows what is best! Whatever you do, think about your decision. Do not just jump into doing something just because it sounds good. Analysize the end results. Mostly enjoy life and strive ahead for the goals that you have in mind!

I would encourage myself to seek the Lord diligently about what He wants me to do with my life. It's only when I am doing what God wants me to do that I am going to be satisfied with my life. I would also seek godly counsel for advice and feedback about my decisions. Then I would research colleges that offere the degree I am going to pursue and pray and ask God for wisdom about which college is for me. Later on, I would enter the college atmosphere with clear direction and determination at reaching my goals. I would encourage myself to make friends and enjoy the college life while also keeping the right priorities. The two most important aspects to being successful in college are paying attention in class and doing the homework. Also, it's important to reward myself for the accomplishments I make and encourage those around me as much as I can.

Don't take advantage of your friends and family. Learn how to play an instrument. Workout and take care of yourself. Don't believe everything you hear or read. Know what you believe and why you believe it. Stand up for what you know is right and don't be afraid of being wrong. Spend your time focusing on others and not so much on yourself. Strive to keep a strong relationship with God. Don't wait to get involved in whatever Church you join. Set up accountability partners right away. Learn to live with no regrets and make goals and focus on them. Don't be afraid to ask advice, you don't know everything. Listen intently to everything that your professors say no matter if it will be on the test or not, they all have a lot of wisdom and experience. Stay in touch with home and make sure they know that you love them. Most importantly DON'T PRCRASTINATE!!!

Time management is very important. I have learned to not procrastinate on homework and studies, but to plan out the times when I will work on these things. I did not have as good of time managing skills before I started college. Make it a priority to have a car at school. As of right now, I still do not have a car, and I often feel like I'm stuck on campus. It would be very helpful to have a car, so I could go run errands or offer to drive friends when we go to do something off campus. Get a laptop computer. I can't imagine not having my laptop at school. It is very helpful to be able to get online from my room, especially when the computer labs are closed. Keep in touch with the family back home. They enjoy hearing from me regularly, and it is great to be able to talk to them on the phone when I'm lonely and need someone to talk to.

The advice that I would give parents and/or students about finding the right college is to visit the college beforehand. It is not a good idea to go to a college without having an idea as to what it is like. By visiting the college before he attends it the student will get a feel for what the college offers and what it is all about. If a student or parent is not able to visit the school, the next best thing to do would be to ask someone who goes there what it is like. In order to make the most out of the college experience a student should get involved in extracurricular activities. By doing this the student will be placed in situations that they are not used to. They will also be able to meet new people and make new friends which will make the college experience that much better. Do not get lost in the crowd, but rather get involved!

There were alot of things that I was worried about as a senior. I had only enough money to pay for a plane ticket out here after that I had nothing. I was worried and scared because I had never been to the school. In fact I had never been to Florida and I was tempted not to come at all. It would have been so easy to stay on my island in the pacific. If I could tell myself one thing I would say, "go for it! it's everything you want in a college. Be ready to work and make the best friends you'll ever have. Don't think it's gonna be a piece of cake. It will be hard but it will also be worth every drop of sweat and every single tear. When life seems to fail and everything is crashing down, hold on because everythings gonna be ok. You're gonna make it and you're gonna graduate. So go for it!" I know that I would listen and I would go.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say, ?Kaitlynne, everything is going to be okay! Take the leap without hesitation.? The transition between high school and college can be a very difficult transition but I wasn?t moving out, I was still going to school in the area and I was still working at the same place. It was a hard decision to pick where I was going to attend school and I let other people's opinions worry me and make it an awful period of time. I would encourage myself to stand firm by my decisions and not to second guess myself and my choice of school and the major I chose. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to remember to take some time for me. It?s tiring always trying to please others so make sure you get a break for yourself every once in a while.

I would say that going to college is a very important decision to make and most likely the smartest decision to make. College is not a "walk in the park" like some highschools are. Going to college is a fantastic tool that teaches responsibility and will help a young person coming out of high school become an adult. By going to college, you are basically out on your own and no longer under the protection of your parents. You will have to learn to manage your time, school work, finances, and social life responsibly. Going to college will give you most of the tools you need in order to become successful in life. One of the good things about college is that you will make potentially life-long friends. College will not only help you grow academically, but also college will help you grow up and become an adult.