Clearwater Christian College

« See more reviews of Clearwater Christian College

Take your academics more seriously. Grades are very important in college. Start being disciplined with different activities and time management so you dont have to learn it when you come to college. Put in some more time practicing basketball. Be smart with you money. Its going to be easy to just go out and spend lots of money hanging out with your friends but you can have a good time without spending all the money. Have fun with what you do. Be focused on grades and everything but don't be so focused that you do not spend any time with your friends.

Making the transistion will be easy. Being at a small school, it is easy to make friends, not only for the semesters, but friends for life. The teachers will be very helpful and being away from home isn't so bad. Being away gives an opportunity for independence while still being connected to family no matter where they are. The work is a little bit more challenging, but if you apply yourself and take the time to do it, you will be fine. Social life is great. There are more than enough opportunities to hang out with friends on and off campus.

I have grown up a lot these past two years in college. College helped me see who I was, be focused on my goals and what the future possibly holds. It has been so valuable because I have made life-long friends, realized how much I do not know/am learning, and has shown me what being a woman of character looks like. My professors are phenomenal: challenging, encouraging us to do everything with excellence. I have realized the joy in slowing down, enjoying the time I am spending now preparing to impact people through my job.

I would tell myself to stay focused and don;t think college is like high school. You need to keep your head in the game and don't goof off because when you do its hard to ger back. Start acting like a mature adult and start puting things in proper priority. Do not be afarid to let your professor know that your struggeling and need help, thats what their there for. Be your own person, do not try and be the cool one and go with teh crowd. Make a diference, get involved, make your name know for the good.

Attending college out of state allows a student to broaden his or her horizons. When one grows up in a rural area as I did, the worldview in that community is relatively small. But upon attending college, the students are forced to cross paths with people from all over the country with different backgrounds, stories and struggles. One's eyes are opened to the vastness of our country and the diversity of people. It has been valuable to attend college because it expands one's goals and reshapes their dreams.

Going into my freshman year I was very unaware of the "strict" student life policies at Clearwater Christian. I would probably advise my self to read the the Student Handbook and know what I was getting my self into before I got there and reinfore that fact that I am choosing to put my self under the authority of the institution's standards. Also, that I should be proactive in seeking out fellow students to socialize with as oppose to spending countless hours in my room playing Need for Speed.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to enjoy the friends you have now but be able to open up to new people with same or different ideas from your own. I would tell myself to put all you can into your work, but remember that God is in control and He will take care of you. Do not worry about what other people think because in the long run they do not matter only God does. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy life because it is too short to speed through it.

College has taught me that everything can be worse. Last year when i was in High School, i thought i had it rough. College has taught me otherwise. I now have to worry about paying classes, paying for books, weekly essays and finding a means of transportation are just some of the worries college brings forth. It has taught me one other lesson: You're smarter than you think you are. i could never fathom doing some of the things I'm doing now. College has been a bittersweet experience so far.

As a senior I did not realize how hard it would be to pace myself school wise. I tend to work at my school too much and never relax. I would have told myself to learn to let go sometimes and enjoy life. I would have worked harder at my studie skills in learning how to study for timed tests. I would have timed myself on tests. One major thing I wish I had learned was how to take tests. I would tell myself to learn to stand up for myself more and learn to say when something is wrong.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to be ready to study more than I did in high school. I was able to maintain a 3.3 GPA in high school with minimal studying, and it has taken much more studying once in college than I had anticipated. I would also advise myself to prepare ahead of time for varsity sports. Playing a varsity sport at college takes much more work than playing in high school. It would be beneficial to prepare ahead of time both academically and physically.