Clemson, SC
Clemson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clemson University

Ryan

Everything at Clemson is a big deal. They make everything as fun and interesting as possible. Football and basketball games are a really big deal. Even minor things like freshmen fest are a big deal and they make it fun. I'll never forget the my first Bowden Bowl, we rushed the field, were asked to get off the field thent hey let us rush it after they reviewed the replay. It was amazing.

Clemson and USC have a really wierd rivalry. Clemson students tend to be pretty well-off. USC students I gather are not. So we are the rich kids and they are the poor kids who we always beat. The steriotypes are pretty true.

mostly, yes. There is a great recreation facility called Fike where there are 5 basketball courts where games are constantly going on. Sporting events are the place to be. Alcohol during tailgates is a big deal, but not so much that it wrecks the experience for someone who doesn't drink.

Most professors are personable and friendly. They are willing to help you through things you don't understand. TAs can suck, often times they don't speak good english. Overall academics are relatively enjoyable and challenging, but not miserable hard.

To some extent...if you like to party, it can easily be found. If you don't like to party, however, there are also hundreds of friends to be made. Whatever you like to do or whatever kind of people you like to be around, there is a spot for you at Clemson. Because it is such a big school, there are opportunities for everyone for any interests that you may have. Once you find your special group, you make friends for a lifetime and you truly find your own spot within the Clemson family. It may seem overwhelming, but the big school experience is truly unforgettable.

We love supporting our tigers in all areas of our athletics. We have true Clemson tiger pride and strive hard in the classroom. Some may say that we like to party too much though.

Andy

I think Clemson is a perfect college because it is not small but it is not huge. I know tons of people and all of my professors. As long as you take the time to introduce yourself to each professor, you won't feel like just another student in a big auditorium. Teachers and TA's are always willing to take the time to help you as long as you ask. I love the fact that Clemson is a college town and everyone around is there to help you out if you need it. It is very hard to explain my favorite memory of Clemson, but I will give you one of my favorites. The first time I ever visited Clemson's campus I was planning on attending a different college. My parent's and I drove onto Clemson's campus and drove down a hill that went straight up to Death Valley. I rolled my window down and there was the Clemson vs. NC State game and there was 2 minutes left in the game. The stadium was completely orange and I never heard such loud fans. The pride those fans had in their school was absolutely breath taking. I got chillbumps and I knew that I would love it at Clemson, and I have been at every game for my blood runs orange.

The best way I can explain Clemson's student body is to say that every person I see on Clemson always smiles at me and says hello. Our campus is filled with very nice people. We are all very involved in everything around campus which can be easily observed if you walk in front of the library or in the student centers because there are always tables for all our organizations.

Clemson is amazing. I got into 8 amazing colleges when I applied and I chose Clemson and I have never regretted it even for a second. I recommend this college for anyone who is motivated to have an outstanding future but who is also ready to have some fun.

Clemson is a small town but it is very untrue about Clemson being boring. I have had tons of fun at Clemson and I am going to miss it dearly when I have to leave. There are a ton of people from around the state, but I also have tons of friends from around the country.

My professors are the best at any university around. They are friends and advisers because they are all willing to help at any time. I don't have a favorite class because I have enjoyed so many but I guess the most unusual was Plant Medicine and Magic. It was amazingly interesting. Every student spends a lot of time in the library and in professors offices because the classes are challenging. Each class is designed so that it may help us in the future get jobs, get into graduate schools, get into law schools, or get into medical schools.

Clemson is seen as a small boring town with students that are mainly from around the state.

I am involved in many honors societies because I love the group dynamics. Every organization that I have participated in or with has been very goal oriented while very fun at the same time. I am also involved in Greek life which has definitely opened my eyes to new experiences. The philanthropy events you participate in are constant and always fun. The many concerts and games provide tons of entertainment and then there is the bar scene which is very fun for those over 21.

Charlie

While many of the students are involved in fraternities and sororities, there are enough students and activities to meet people with your same interests.

Clemson is just a bunch of frat boys and sorority girls.

Cody

Everyone at Clemson loves it. If you can make it through your first semester and adjust to living in a small South Carolina town, its hard to leave. The school is just the right size. There it is a small school for being a big school being that you see the same people every day, but a big school in the sense that you meet new people every day. Clemson is on the rise; When I say I go to Clemson (being from South Carolina), people either hate me or love me. When I go out of state, people are beginning to hear of Clemson from an academic and athletic stand point. Clemson is the epitome of a college town. The town lives and dies off of the University. In the fall, there are over 100,000 people in town, and businesses boom. Students are the main source of revenue for local businesses. In the summer, when students leave, picture an old western town with deserted streets. Tiger paws line the roads into Clemson. As soon as you get off of I-85, the tiger paws lead the way to campus. Everything along the way is orange. Everything in downtown Clemson is orange. Orange is all you see in Clemson. Clemson is situated comfortably in the Upstate of South Carolina - at the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Lake Hartwell, not even a mile from campus, is one of the largest lakes in South Carolina. Clemson is picturesque. In the fall, during football season, when the leaves start changing colors, it is breathtaking, especially from the football stadium. The stadium, which can be seen from miles away, is omnipresent, and is the gathering spot for nearly a million people each year. The sense of pride in Clemson is second to none.

Clemson is not very diverse. Clemson is very conservative. Religion is not a big issue on campus, but it is a big deal in South Carolina. Clemson is virtually in the center of the Bible Belt. LGBT groups are not very big on campus. And most students are affluent at Clemson. No students at Clemson feel out of place. There is something for everyone at Clemson. Most students at Clemson are Southern and in the Greek community. Southern attire usually consists of, for guys, golf shorts (khaki, of course) and a polo or button down, with Rainbow sandals. Girls wear dressier than normal clothes on a good day, and many times pearls. That doesn't stop girls from wearing a baseball cap and sweats on occasion though. Greek life is very prevalent on campus. Fraternities and Sororities sponsor more events on campus than any other organizations. Clemson students are very politically aware and active. Many presidential candidates stop by Clemson each year to campaign because of our awareness. Clemson is more conservative than liberal, but there is a great mix of each.

In many cases, yes. There are a lot of rich students. There are a lot of nice, Southern students...very attractive, too. There are also a lot of students from out of state, even up north. There are students from every state. Everyone at Clemson is nice and well put-together.

Academics are definitely on the rise in Clemson. More and more students apply to Clemson each year and it is becoming tougher to get in as a result. Clemson's "Destination Top 20" quest has been a major success. President Barker implemented a plan for Clemson to be a Top 20 public institution by the year 2010, and we are well on the way. This plan has attracted more top-notch students and faculty members. Students are very competitive. The library is always packed. Students often participate in class. Professors are fun. Classes range in size from 10 to 400. Academics at Clemson are challenging, but worth it as a degree from Clemson is very valuable.

Sports. Clemson revolves around sports. Football season is the highlight of the year. Clemson has some of the most rabid fans in students and alumni. Clemson fans tailgate like no other. Basketball is taking off in Clemson now too. Baseball is consistently one of the best teams in the country, and so is soccer. Intramurals are also very big at Clemson. Nearly everyone plays something. Clemson is a party school, whether school officials want to believe it or not. That aspect of Clemson is usually played down. Fraternities hold parties every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night religiously, but Tuesday and Wednesdays are also popular.

Nice, friendly Southern students; well put-together; very attractive people; rabid football fans; many rich students

To a certain point, it is true that Clemson is not a big city and therefore, doesn't offer big city fun. It doesn't matter though. Greenville is a 30-45 min. drive from Clemson and there is a TON of stuff to do there. It's kind of nice to have to make your own fun since Clemson is such a rural place...there are lots of apartment parties and many good times had in downtown Clemson.

The stereotype is that we are still an agricultural school and we're all rednecks and farmers up here. Most people (USC students) think that Clemson is boring and since it's not a city atmosphere that there's nothing to do for fun.

Stephen

While Clemson still holds the college of agriculture in high esteem, most students who go to Clemson has never even seen a farm. The stereotype about football is absolutely true. We love our football team. GO TIGERS!!!

Some of the more popular stereotypes that you hear are relating to the agricultural history of Clemson. Many people believe that Clemson are predominately farmers and the typical southern rednecks. Another common stereotype is that Clemson is all about its football team.

Travis

Clemson is just right as far as size. The campus is beautiful and convenient. It is a nice little college town, friendly.

Everybody got along just fine. There are obvious differences but no one made a big deal about it. Everyone was treated as just "peopl" rather than different.

For the most part, no. There are some select groups, frats, and sororities that have given the university that image.

Clemson is a demanding university, as far as the work you will put into being successful. There were no "easy A's" except for the leisure skills classes. I was in the architecture program and it was brutal, but all of my professors still remember my name and I theirs. The good news is, most future employers know how hard it is to be successful and therefore look forward to having Clemson graduates apply for employment. It is not a university to grab a quick degree from to satisfy your parents, if you commit to Clemson, you will have no choice but to walk away with something that is worthwhile and beneficial to the rest of your future.

That it is a huge party school and not much on curriculum.

I was too busy studying to have any social life.

Jesse

No, Clemson is in the middle of no where but it's a short drive to Greenville, Athens, and other areas. There is plenty to do and you are allowed to experience the college life at Clemson because it is a college town- nothing else.

It's in the middle of no where and we are all farmers

Clemson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.