Clemson, SC
Clemson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clemson University

Rebekah

Clemson is a great school. It has just enough variety where everyone feels like they fit into the scheme of things. The best thing about Clemson is that no matter if you live on or off campus you feel included. Another great thing about Clemson are the football games. I love how everyone comes together to support our team. I also believe that Clemson is the perfect size. Its big enough to feel like a university, but after a month you feel very comfortable getting around the campus.

The student body at Clemson is very diverse. This is really neat though because you see the real world.

Depends on who you talk to. A lot of students come to college to party but the truth is that college is hard. If you plan to be a Clemson graduate you have to keep the partying to a minimium.

I'm not going to lie, Clemson can get very difficult at times. It all depends on your professor though. So if you can pick the good ones. A great website to go to is ratemyprofessor.com. Overall, the academics, at least in education, are not so hard that it is impossible to get a degree here. You really have to stay on your game plan though and study.

The best activity at Clemson is football. Everyone gets together and has a great time. There are so many opportunities for other activities as well. Clemson is very accomodating.

Stereotypes about Clemson students are that they just party all the time.

It's really cheesy to say this, but the best thing about Clemson is the people. Most everyone is really nice here and you can just tell that everyone is having the time of their lives. The size of the school is not really small, but its not huge either. I'd say it's just right. Clemson is a college town, there's not much outside of the campus, which kind of limits the amount of things there is to do, but there's a great sense of community in that everyone who lives here is about the same age and goes to the same school. School pride is huge at Clemson. It's odd to hear of a student who doesn't go to the football game on Saturday, and football is an event. Tailgating starts early in the morning and goes well on after the game, win or lose. Everyone I know who has gone here or graduated from here is so proud to be a tiger and will tell anyone who will listen how great Clemson is.

Overall, I'd say that Clemson's student body is made up of white protestants. There are a lot of other ethnicities roaming around campus, however there is an overwelming white protestant population. Most Clemson students are from the south, there is a good population of students from the north, and most are from the east coast. Students here tend to be very, very conservative. Recently, students have become politically active and involved in political issues. Most students wear jeans, t-shirts, and Rainbow flip flops to class, rain or shine. A lot of girls carry around Vera Bradley bags and guys tend to wear Croakies and khaki pants.

Not at all. Clemson was founded as an agricultural school, and agriculture still plays a big role in the school, but there are more engineering students than agriculture students. We're not all rural farmers.

Classes at Clemson are generally small. Most of my classes have about 30 students in them or less. There are the huge lecture classes with 100+ students in them, however, the university is trying to get these class sizes down. I think that students on campus study an average amount. You can see students studying in the library at any time of the day, studying and a lot of times socializing, but I really think the emphasis is to do well in classes and to study as hard as you can. In the English department in particular, class discussions are very common. Most classes consist of students sitting around throwing ideas around and discussing literary theory or literary works with a professor who mediates and guides the conversation. Some of the majors offered at Clemson, such as Engineering or Nursing, are geared toward getting a job, but in the English department the emphasis is on getting an education and learning for its own sake.

There are lots of organizations on campus. Clemsonlive is a group that promotes entertainment activities on campus, such as free movie nights or concerts. I belong to Central Spirit, which is an organization that works to promote and support Clemson athletics. Central Spirit blows up the balloons before football games, waves the flags in the endzone when Clemson scores, and plan and organize the First Friday Parade and Homecoming. The First Friday Parade is a parade held the day before the first home game that's purpose is to get everyone excited about the upcoming football season. There's a huge Greek life on campus with many fraternities and sororities to join that hold socials and throw parties pretty regularly. Almost everyone goes out on the weekend, which starts Thursday night, either to the bars downtown or to a house party somewhere off campus.

It's a big agricultural school and everyone who goes here are soon-to-be farmers. I've gotten more than one "do you ride your tractor to campus?"

The best thing about Clemson is definitely football. Games are huge events here and everyone attends. The sea of orange at Death Valley and all over campus is inspiring. Football is what I'll miss most when I graduate.

Anyone outside the norm would feel out of place at Clemson. Some people here are very closed-minded about anyone who doesn't fit the typical Southern belle/gente mold. In my 3 years at Clemson, I have probably seen only a handful of gay people. Steer clear of Clemson if you value diversity.

People are generally closed-minded and unaware of social issues. There is also a lot of greek life here.

Fraternities and sororities are extremely important and very traditional.

Drew

I think the best thing about Clemson is probably its physical appearance; it's a very pretty school and set on a very nice area of land. I think Clemson is just right, although the ways that the school goes about dealing with its population size could be altered. Most people, when told I go to Clemson, are surprised and impressed; many ask what it's like to be in the South. There is a TON of school pride; it almost gets annoying after a while. -I'll definitely remember the amount of school pride; the orange everywhere. It's definitely a unifying characteristic to the university. -Frequent complaints are parking, distance of parking lots from campus, irritability of administration such as financial aid and student affairs workers

-Because Clemson is in the Bible Belt, there are many religious organizations, which I think is fine. We have the right of religion. -My experience with various races here at Clemson could be described as varied. There are a number of different cultures conglomerating on campus. Typically, the larger group types remain homogenous; I don't see many Asians or Indians interact with Americans -Most of the students are from the U.S. Probably about 50% are white, 30% black, and the rest other races -I would say based on the cars that most kids drive, most kids come from comfortable financial backgrounds, if not more than comfortable; also based on the number of designer items displayed on campus -Most students, as any normal human being, aims to earn enough money to be comfortable in life, however that is.

- I wouldn't say many of my professor still know my name now, although they may recognize me. -My favorite class was definite Structure of Fiction with John Warner -Least favorite was probably statistics -Students study A LOT. Hard to gauge how often; I study almost every night. -The English department is sort of in construction at the moment; I don't spend time with profs outside of class; I have no inclination to do so. -I feel that the English department has some serious improvements to make; I also feel that the requirements, especially for my major of Writing and Publishing, are somewhat extraneous and unnecessary. -Mostly, I'd say it's towards getting a job, but being an English major, I've seen little assistance from those in influential positions to help the students

-big party school -very Southern -lots of frat guys and sorority girls -lots of rich kids

Amy

I think the best thing about Clemson is all the students because most of the people are really friendly here, and you can meet a lot of people. I think Clemson is just right, because you can usually know at least one person in your classes, but its not so small that everyone knows EVERYTHING about you. Most people are impressed that I go to Clemson. There is a LOT of school pride here.

Most students here do wear the same thign to class, its really wierd. Most Clemson students that I have met seem to be from North or South Carolina.

At first glance, it would seem like these stereotypes are accurate, but after being here for a few semesters, it really isn't true and there is a variety of students.

My professors do know my name. I think most students study an hour to 30 mins a day, but not all at once, just a little bit between classes anda t night, and then study a lot before tests (thats what I do). Class participation is common and in a lot of classes required. Students are not really competetive and me and my friends don't have extremely intellectual conversations outside of class. The most unique class I've taken is probably my Sexuality in the Cinema class. My major is English, so I write a lot of papers, but I liek that more that taking tests.

I think one stereotype of Clemson is students is that they are rednecks, and rich, white, and protestant.

Kendall

One of the best things about Clemson is the campus. It's a big place, yet it isn't sread out to the point where nothing can be found. Even though the campus is nice, i think I would change some things about it as well. There are too many hills for someone like me to be walking up. For me, the school is just right. Most people seem surprised because they expected me to go out of state. Some of the administration is cool. There's plenty of school pride, blinded during football season with all the orange. Students I hear, complain about the food. Sometimes, for what we are paying, you'd expect the food to be a little better than what it is. There's nothing unusual about Clemson. Controversial? Well, there were several things that happened here, but I'm not really sure if there are any that are controversial.

I'm not really sure what kind of student would feel out of place. The people here (for the most part) are really nice, at least from what I've seen. Only a person who is deeply antisocial would feel out of place here. Most students wear clothes that are comfortable and suitable to the weather. Summertime, there are lots of people in capris, shorts, short shorts, and t-shirts (with flip flops). During the winter, they dress for the cold. Long pants, some kind of shirt and a coat. Most students I don't think talk about how much they'll earn one day. Everyone is trying to live in the now and finish basically what has been started, which I think is a good thing. I'm not politically aware unless I'm told, so I'm not really sure about other people. So many people are from so many different places. I've heard some of everything.

For the most part, these stereotyes are true. there are some really smart people here.

Some of my professors know my name, but I'm mostly in big classes, so I don't hold it against them if they don't know my name. My most favorite class is my English class from the first semester and my math classes. I'm good at both and both seem really easy. I'm just a little lazy when it comes to doing the work, but I still like them. My least favorite class was Computer Science 101, and it's sad. Let's just say I may not be meant to be a programmer or whatever they are trained to do. I see students study Sunday through Wednesday. There are a few that study on weekends, only a few. Class participation isn't as common as I thought it would be. Most classes, students just sit there and look at the professors, which I find funny sometimes. I don't spend time with professors outside of class. I'm thinking of changing my major from computer science. Like I said, it isn't for me.

I'm not really in any groups yet. Hey, this is my first year, I think I need to get a little adjusted first. I live in an apartment, but from what I see, people leave their doors unlocked. I'm too scary for that and I keep my door locked as long as I can help it. Athletic events are everything sometimes, especially football games. Guest speakers and theater aren't as popular because I never really hear about them. I don't look for sports events but I always end up hearing about them. Closest friends? Does that happen in the first year? I met my closests friends in elementary school. Frats and sorors aren't that important to me. People party pretty often, sometimes, there's something going on somewhere every weekend. Off campus I just hang out with friends and family.

When I hear about Clemson, I automatically think about smart people.

Tate

The best thing is the diverse people that you get to meet. I would change the food, because it get old after a while. The school is really big and I like it. When I tell people that I go to Clemson, they think that I am really smart. Most of my time spent on campus is either in my room, a friend's room, or the library. College town. The biggest recent controversy is president Barker being sued.

There are many different groups of people, but most of the time everyone gets along.

Most of my professors know my name. My favorite class was a small, laid back class, CU 101-Nursing. Students study sunday through thursday, religiously. LOL.

The most popular group/organization are the band and iptay.

Some stereotypes about Clemson is that everyone is white, a drunk, and they party too much.

Ziggy

Clemson's location is really convenient and its Engineering and Science department is really good and strong. I would probably want to change the cost of living on campus to a more affordable price. Clemson's just the right size, not too big, not too small. People are usually proud that I go to Clemson, unless they're USC and Georgia fans. I spend most of my time in class or in my room or the library or somewhere outside in the nice weather. It's definitely a college town. Clemson seems to have a good administration. The biggest recent controversy on campus was what to do about the freshman fraternity member who died from too much alcohol intake. There is a lot of school pride, especially when it comes to sports. I don't find anything unsual about Clemson myself...I'll always remember my first engineering class (hell) and meeting my boyfriend there. Frequent student complaints deal with parking availability.

Clemson has parties, but I don't think they are that bad, although I've never been to one. Parties don't interest me. And yes, it is a hard school to get through, but it's not impossible. Clemson doesn't suck; USC and Georgia do!

Yes, my professors know my name. My favorite class was my Communications class from last semester. My least favorite was Psychology. I see a lot of people in the library all of the time, so I guess students in general study a lot. Class participation is very common, and intellectual conversations do happen outside of class. The most unique class I've taken is Guitar. My major is Computer Information Systems. It's hard, but I'm doing okay. I do talk to my professors and advisors a lot. The education prepares you for the job world and gives you a little extra information for the road.

Clemson's a party school. Clemson's a hard school to get through. Clemson sucks!

Gene

Clemson has the best atmosphere for game days, we all know how to put the school work aside and focus on the prize at hand. I would change the fees! Its just right. Well since im from Columbia SC they dont look too highly on that. Library getting work done. Definitely College town! Crappy, They dont know what they are doing! President Baker taking 80 million dollars from the students over 8 years now! Hell yeah! Nope. Freshman year, make it the best of your life!!! Campus parking for commuters!!!

That all of the white males are frat boys with the crokies and rainbows and polo shirts

Dylan

Clemson is a beautiful place to be. You get to meet so many people from different backgrounds, and it's wonderful! When I tell people I go to Clemson they say "You must be a genius to go to that school" or "Wow, do you really go there because that is a top school". I try to stray away from comments such as those; however these are the everyday stereotypes that me and other Clemson students face. School pride is definitely a big deal at Clemson. You must have pride to be a Clemson Tiger. If you do not have any pride for Clemson, I guarantee by the time you reach your sophomore year you will have a fond love for Clemson.

I feel like Clemson's student body is not diverse enough. Also, tuition is way too expensive and students are being charged for things that they do not utilize. The dining halls are nice; however the food is not the best thing I've ever tasted. I like it when I see people of different ethnicities being friends or even dating. I think this school does tie those backgrounds together well, in spite of racial issues that are prevalent. I think Clemson is very firm in their religious beliefs. This school does honor and respect everyone's religious wishes and sexual orientations; although those people who maybe LGBT are looked at differently, which should not be.

I would have to say that the majority of these stereotypes are not accurate; however I do believe that Clemson does possess racial issues that are being ignored. It is just one of those sensitive issues that constantly gets "swept under the rug".

Most of the professors are good; however there are some that are mean and disrespectful. Most professors I've had have known my name; however in larger classes of 100 or more they do not even know who I am. I think when you graduate from Clemson you will be able to find a job. Clemson keeps its students well prepared for the future ahead of them by offering so many opportunities for success.

The most popular things at Clemson would have to be the sports, particularly football. Football is the best time of the year, in my opinion. During football season there is so much unity among the students and members of the community and afar. Social life at Clemson is pretty good. Some people are friendly; while others are just typical people who see you and do not speak. I have never been in the dating scene at Clemson, but most people I know who attend Clemson date outside of the school. Basically for the dating scene, there is not much to chose from in my opinion. First Friday is a big thing at Clemson because it's the parade for the first football game. Sororities and fraternities are a big deal on campus. This is how people network and become well known around the school and community. Honestly, if there is not a party going on in Clemson then they is not much to do. There are movie theaters and restaurants outside of Clemson, so you would have to travel to find the fun! Thursday nights in Clemson are crazy!!! Downtown Clemson is filled with college students who go to the bar and have drinks or hang out. I have never been in any bars because I am not legal to drink; however I do go downtown to socialize and see everyone!

I think the biggest stereotype that Clemson students receive is that we are too preppy and high maintenance. A lot of people view Clemson as being "the white school" or the "the white school with the preppy black kids". Another stereotype that is known about Clemson is that all of the students are extremely smart. One stereotype I discovered was that "all the black students are in engineering". Another stereotype about Clemson is that it is known only for its football program. One last stereotype is that Clemson has a lot of racial issues that are being ignored.

Clemson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.