Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Um, the girls are very attractive for the most part and it is college, so people are hooking up left and right/experimenting just like anywhere else. Parties and bars are pretty much the ideal places to pick up girls I'd say, and meeting people through mutual friends is often a popular option for the passive-aggressive people out there. It's college, and it is what it is so make the best of your 4 years here if you do choose to come. The people around town are super-friendly and cater to college folk, the students are nice for the most part and are out to have a good time just like you, and the professors are helpful and actually want you to succeed.

Clemson is a great University. People have a great time being themselves, pursuing things they love to do. It offers a lot of things for anyone. You can be involved with multiple organizations or you can play intramural sports. You can do things with your friends or you can be in a sorority or fraternity. You can enjoy a Clemson football game at 8:00 on a Saturday night after being out on the lake and tailgating all day. Clemson is an experience that will suck you in and never spit you out. As Joe Sherman, class of 1964 said, "Clemson: those on the inside can't explain it, and those on the outside don't understand it."

It offered all the amenities of a major university withinthe comfortable bounds of a rural setting, plenty of space and a fairly compacted student life. The particular department in which is am studying was more uniquely structured to expand education in that field than any other college or university that I had looked at; it definitely had the established root system of the field but it was stretching itself to explore new areas of thought and expertise. And I felt that I could comfortably have fun on and off campus without drinking, which was important to me.

I'd like more clarity on what us, as students, are supposed to do as major requirements and so forth. That we know the status of our particular school or college within the university and that we have more of a say as to how it is run. As well I would like an orientation that is more major oriented, that really shows you how you will live and learn at Clemson. As well, a better consideration from the administration concerning the students well being, whether in regards to parking, meal plans, rooming, tuituion costs or even how to best learn a subject.

Clemson University is unique in that Clemson students are connected through school spirit and love for our community. Walking through campus it is visible the people genuinely love Clemson and this love extends out into the enitre Anderson County. Clemson students give off such a happy, positive vibe that is contageous to anyone to visits. We are proud of our highly ranked acedemics as well as our sports teams and this pride is known to all. Clemson University is not just 20,000 students. We are connected in our tiger bond; we are a family.

You'll never understand the most unique feature of Clemson University until one is a student and an alumnae. Verbally explaning to someone why "Clemson University is incomparable" is not nearly enough to make someone understand. The most unique attribute of Clemson is the connection you feel with the university. It's the way you tear up when you see a Clemson commercial on TV, or the chills you get when seeing highlights of a Clemson football game. It's something you will ever be able to experience without having attended Clemson University.

Unfortunately, most of the schools I looked at were large SEC or ACC schools. Not too much makes it different from USC or UGA except for its small-town feel and its extreme school spirit. I actually attended University of South Carolina my first semester and then transferred here. Compared to USC, there is a ton of school spirit and it is a lot safer. I also feel as though there are more Christians here, less partiers, and more people focused on their studies. I have also noticed the academic workload to be far more challenging.

When comparing the world's top public university to the other colleges I have recieved an acceptance into, my decision was obvious. People often ask me, why not UCLA, and I reply, "Well, I want to change the world, Berkeley is the place I'm going to build my foundation to do so." It is as simple as that. Berkeley, in only a year and a half has provided me with a completely different outlook on life. I want to take everything I learn here and utilize it outside in the real world to create positive change.

The vibrant student-centered atmosphere at Clemson is one of ?Determined Spirit? and everyone, students, locals, and staff, have an immeasurable will to never surrender. The staff and administration are always willing and thrive at going beyond expectations to help every student succeed this is reason Clemson University is ranked in the top 25 universities nationally. Clemson is a major university with a small college feel and it is an honor to be a Clemson Tiger GRRRR!!!!

The atmosphere is what sets Clemson University apart from other schools. The campus is beautiful and has a comforting feel. But a lot of campuses are beautiful, so the fact that almost everyone seems genuinely to care about how you are and that everyone seems generally happy, is what makes me want to stay and call my classmates "family". Join that with all the school sponsered activities and clubs, and it a fantastic school to spend your undergraduate studies at!