Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

The professors are very good. Most of them learn who you are, even in larger classes. They are accessible outside of class and are very helpful. Engineering isn't easy, but there are several groups like supplemental instruction and study hours that are there to help you. The quality is there, you just need to figure out how to use it just like any other college. The school has the image of being a huge party school, but we know when it is time to get down to business and work.

The professors at Clemson are awesome! The class sizes are relatively small, so it is very personal and the students aren't just "numbers". I actually look forward to most of my classes! Being a math major, I have had great experiences with the professors in this area. Also, the academic advisors are VERY helpful and easy to talk to. The genuinely care about your education and achieving your goals in order to prepare you for the future.

Professors are absolutely available and willing to meet with students outside of class. The most unique class I have taken is a Plants in Medicine, Magic, and Murder lecture. Don't be fooled, however, it is NOT interesting. But for the most part, classes are inspiring and I hardly ever feel like I am wasting time by going to class. I am in architecture and it is unbelievably vigorous but so eye-opening and I enjoy every minute of it.

Academics vary a lot at Clemson. I think every school has its good professors and its bad ones. Clemson is no different. In my first year, I have had professors that made class fun and interesting, and have taught me a lot, but I have also had some who didn't meet my expectations. Like I said, I think every school has this; not all teachers can be awesome. I was impressed with the class sizes. All of my classes were fairly small.

I know all of my professors names. My favorite class was chemistry, because i had the coolest teacher. He had a mullet. My least favorite class was psychology. Students are very competitive. I am a chemical engineer. My professors are really nice, and always have time to talk to students before or after class. I don't like some of the academic requirements for engineers though. we have to take 5 general ed classes.

I would definitely recommend checking out your professors before signing up for their classes just because there are always duds at any school. I have had exceptional teachers as well as awful ones. The key is learning how to avoid the bad ones. Studying is a large element of campus life, just not on game days. Compared to most other schools I would say Clemson is more serious and more academically focused.

President Barker is on a mission for Clemson to reach the Top 20 public colleges in the nation, and we are well on our way. With the exception of the large gen-ed classes (chem 101/102, bio 103/104, physics, etc.) the classes are small and engaging. Even in my Organic chem class this past semester, there were 150 or so students, but my professor managed to learn everyone's name after 3 or 4 weeks.

Most of the professors are good; however there are some that are mean and disrespectful. Most professors I've had have known my name; however in larger classes of 100 or more they do not even know who I am. I think when you graduate from Clemson you will be able to find a job. Clemson keeps its students well prepared for the future ahead of them by offering so many opportunities for success.

Some professors know my name, although I wish more would make the effort to do so; My least favorite class was probably calculus, although there are many that could take the cake; Class partcipation usually helps my grade out a lot, and I don't always speak up in class; I feel like in my department they change their minds a lot, so I'm not always exactly sure what is going on

Clemson is a research university with a great science program, among many other great programs, most notably engineering. The place is filled with determined, intelligent students with an amazing capacity to think and get involved with their majors. The students are extremely competitive, which makes the professors more than willing to help with anything we need.