Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Classes are definitely challenging, and provide a good change from High School. You get out of your classes as much as you are willing to put into them, so choose where you want to spend your time with what you are interested in. The classes I took definitely prepared me for getting a job, but there is also a part of college that is just learning how to learn.

I'm not going to lie, Clemson can get very difficult at times. It all depends on your professor though. So if you can pick the good ones. A great website to go to is ratemyprofessor.com. Overall, the academics, at least in education, are not so hard that it is impossible to get a degree here. You really have to stay on your game plan though and study.

I think Clemson has some of the best professors in the nation. Not only are they intelligent, but they are also very caring. I can always depend on them to respond to your emails quickly and offer you their time. The environment at Clemson makes it easy for students to have a healthy competitive nature. Everyone wants to succeed.

I am in nursing. We are a unique group of individuals. We know names. The professors get to know us because we are in the program for several years. The professors are great because they als have the empathy that it takes to get through the rigid academics involved with nursing.

Most professors are personable and friendly. They are willing to help you through things you don't understand. TAs can suck, often times they don't speak good english. Overall academics are relatively enjoyable and challenging, but not miserable hard.

Great. Every class I have had has been extremely approachable and remembered my name after speaking with them. With todays universities, its hard to find a school that offers such a big name with such individualized academic concerns.

Professors are very educated. Students study all the time, the library is always full. Class participation is above average. Intellectual conversations outside of class happen frequently. Students are pretty competitive.

The academics are very good and have a good reputation while you are in college and also when you graduate. Of course there are there fair share of professors that are more difficult than others, it is like that anywhere.

This, like at other schools, has mostly to do with your prof. There are definitely worthless classes as there are everywhere or classes that are worth their textbook weght in gold, it ALL depends on the prof.

Professors in my undergraduate major did not know my name. However, the professors in my graduate major knew my name, where I was from, what my job was, etc. My favorite class was Educational Psychology.