Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Popular groups include multi-cultural groups, ethnic groups, gaming groups, or groups of a certain major. A group I'm involved in is Semantics. We read literature submitted by Clemson students and staff and look over submitted photos/art too. Sometimes, we eat pizza and hang out afterwards. Only a few students leave their doors open. Mostly the really friendly, social ones. Athletic events, guest speakers, and theatre more often than not draw huge, enthusiastic crowds. Clemson's dating scene? How would I know? I met my closest friends through my very first Clemson friend Mary (who befriended me out of nowhere). She introduced me to everyone else. If I'm awake at 2 am on a Tuesday, I'm writing a story. Most people eat around this time though or study for exams. Traditions or events that happen each year include: Welcome back festival, Homecoming, Parents Weekend, Fall break, and tailgating. People party every weekend and Thursday night. Some even do it during exam time, I believe. Fraternities and sororities are very important. Where would we be without the Greeks? Last weekend, I went to church and hung out with family. That's about it. On Saturday night, there are game nights, movie night, and friends' sleepovers. Off-campus, I take walks downtown, eat out at restaurants, and visit Tigertown shops.

The most popular things at Clemson would have to be the sports, particularly football. Football is the best time of the year, in my opinion. During football season there is so much unity among the students and members of the community and afar. Social life at Clemson is pretty good. Some people are friendly; while others are just typical people who see you and do not speak. I have never been in the dating scene at Clemson, but most people I know who attend Clemson date outside of the school. Basically for the dating scene, there is not much to chose from in my opinion. First Friday is a big thing at Clemson because it's the parade for the first football game. Sororities and fraternities are a big deal on campus. This is how people network and become well known around the school and community. Honestly, if there is not a party going on in Clemson then they is not much to do. There are movie theaters and restaurants outside of Clemson, so you would have to travel to find the fun! Thursday nights in Clemson are crazy!!! Downtown Clemson is filled with college students who go to the bar and have drinks or hang out. I have never been in any bars because I am not legal to drink; however I do go downtown to socialize and see everyone!

There are plenty of activities around campus all the time. Greek life is huge on campus and at Clemson in general. I would say that most of the parties at Clemson are thrown by fraternities. I actually ended up going greek myself at the very end of my freshman year and I would definitely reccommend checking out greek organizations. The intramurals at Clemson are amazing also. I played coed softball with a bunch of people and it was awesome. I strongly believe that every freshman should have to live in a dorm there first year for many reasons. My dorm room was really fun. The first few months were kinda slow with people but as the year progressed we all started to get comfortable with each other and hanging out at 3 am became a regular thing. Doors were always open and people were always hanging out. The people on my floor were all soooooo different but that was the best part. We actually used to play frisbee in our little hallway it was so fun. The showers were the worst part of the dorm but its nothing you cant handle for a year. Basically if you open yourself up to people in your dorm and outside around campus you will find there are endless options to occupy your time at Clemson.

FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL...it's very big at Clemson. Basketball is next and baseball too. The volleyball games are fun to go to, but not many people go to those. The football stadium holds 80,000+ people, and it's usually packed. Little john Colliseum (basketball) hold several thousand, and the basketball games are really fun to go to as well. I never got big into Clemson baseball, but a lot of students go to those games. From the dorms I went in and the halls I visited, a lot of students keep their doors open - except in Holmes, the Honors dorm. On my hall, we all kept our doors open, or at least unlocked, and whoever wanted to come in could come in. There are all kinds of groups and organizations to join. If you want to get involved, it won't be hard at all. I was on the Shoebox (my dorm) Area Council, and I was a Senator in the Residential Housing Association. There are a lot of things with Student Gov't too, not to mention all types of activist groups, etc. There are lots of intramural sports to if you're big into sports. I did intramural soccer but flag football and frisbee golf are really big too.

There are so many things to do at Clemson it's hard to even start to write all of them. As most people know when they come to Clemson, the football games are so much fun, more fun than anything you may ever experience. It's quite a scene on gamedays, and are probably the happiest and drunkest days you will have at Clemson. Bars are easy to get into with fake ID's but to police are everywhere, so when you see them come into the bar, run or hide! Most people don't get out of Clemson without an MIP (minor in possession) under their belt. There is pretty much nothing to do if you have free time on weekend nights besides drinking. There are no good malls close, so buy what you want before you come to Clemson. The movie theater is about 20 miles away which is hard for people without cars. I don't really consider an 'off-campus' for Clemson because the whole town consists of people who go to Clemson. Whatever apartment complex you choose be assured that you will surrounded by other students which is great. All the apartment complexes have free tanning and pools which is great on those hot days and tanning great in the winter.

I love Clemson b/c you don't have to do a fraternity or sorority to be cool. I rushed but did not pledge b/c there were so many things to choose from I did not want to be tied down to a sorority. And I do not regret my decision at all. I love Campus Crusade for Christ and spend a lot of time with those people, but honestly I have friends in all types of groups. Dating scene... there's a lot of guys and girls almost 50/50 so that's no problem. I love the first week of school when the streets of downtown Clemson close and there is a festival through the streets giving away free stuff, followed by a concert on Bowman field. I love walking, running, or driving by Bowman field on a sunny day and seeing people playing ultimate frisbee or on a rainy night and seeing guys mud sliding. You definitely do not have to drink. I don't drink and I'm not judged for it at all. There are plenty of events like dramas, concerts, and guest speakers... you just have to make the time to go to them. Athletic events are really popular, especially football, basketball, and baseball, but I recommend checking out all of them.

I'm involved with CU Student Government Transfer Council. We represent the transfer students on campus and work to improve a students transition into the Clemson Family.-Students in dorms often do leave their doors open.-Athletic events are very popular. Especially football and men's basketball. Guest speakers (such as the presedential candidates that came) are very popular events as well. Theater is wonderful at Clemson, too.-I met my closest friends through student organizations and through other friends.-If I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday it's because I am REALLY behind on an assignment that's due.-Tigerama happens each year which is the biggest student-run pep rally in this part of the nation.-People party every weekend.-Fraternities and sororities are important to the people them.-Last weekend I went to visit my parents.-Saturday nights that don't involve drinking can involve going to the movies, going to the awesome restaurants we have downtown, or one of the many events we have (such as concerts, visitng comedians, etc.)-Off campus...I shop.

Clemson is a very social school. Most dorm rooms have their doors open, and it's not out of place to ask anyone to grab a bite to eat with you, especially freshman year. Since Clemson is in a college town, most all activities near campus are geared towards college students. There is plenty to do on campus during the football season, though spring semester can be a bit less active. Clemson is known as a party school, but I haven't found that to be entirely true. Downtown is very popular Thursday through Saturday, but exam week is usually dead. You can usually find a party going on any weekend, especially during football season. The Greek life is very prevalent at Clemson, and there is a wide array of fraternities and sororities. However, I never joined one and never felt out of place. IPTAY (the Clemson athletic scholarship fund), ClemsonLiVE (Clemson's entertainment group) The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and Student Government are very popular at Clemson. However, you can find a group for most any interest on campus.

There are lots of organizations on campus. Clemsonlive is a group that promotes entertainment activities on campus, such as free movie nights or concerts. I belong to Central Spirit, which is an organization that works to promote and support Clemson athletics. Central Spirit blows up the balloons before football games, waves the flags in the endzone when Clemson scores, and plan and organize the First Friday Parade and Homecoming. The First Friday Parade is a parade held the day before the first home game that's purpose is to get everyone excited about the upcoming football season. There's a huge Greek life on campus with many fraternities and sororities to join that hold socials and throw parties pretty regularly. Almost everyone goes out on the weekend, which starts Thursday night, either to the bars downtown or to a house party somewhere off campus.

Clemson definitely prides itself in athletics and the fine arts. Homecoming weekend for football involves parades and the annual "Tigerama". Tigerama has a different theme each year and can be likened to a pep rally. Dancers, cheerleaders, the Pershing Rifles team, skits put on by various organizations, pep band, and various other groups perform. First Friday Parade is also done the first Friday of the fall semester. Clemson sponsors a "week of welcome" during the first week of the fall semester to welcome the incoming freshman class. A summer reading assignment is also handed out throughout the summer for incoming students. A guest speaker related to the assignment is brought in during the first week for the freshmen students as a way to welcome them to the academic atmosphere of Clemson.