Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Clemson's social life is very diverse. I have been very impressed at the fact that no one is left out, but at the same time, no one is forced into anything. People mix and match their social groups a lot, you may see the same people at a number of unrelated events. The only group that is not as involved is the black community. For the most part, they will not come to even the religious groups with the white community.

Everyone goes to football games, no matter who we play. Not a large perecentage of the student body is greek, but there are definently benefits. I waited 3 semesters before going greek so I can say that while not greek, there is still plenty to do (house parties, bars, etc.), and if in a fraternity or sorority, you still can go to non-greek parties, you just have a group to go to Carolina Cup with, and formals to go to.

One of the more prominent groups on campus at Clemson is FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). FCA meets two times every Tuesday and Thursday, and is open to all students. As an incoming freshman, attending the FCA meetings/social events is a great way to meet other students. It is very exciting to meet new people at the beginning of the semester, and most of the students in the dorms leave their doors open.

Theres a lot of stuff to do around Clemson. There is a lot of partying that goes on if thats your cup of tea, but theres also a lot of people who just hang out and have a good time. It seems like somebody's always got something cool to do. Just about everybody is real nice, I'm not the outgoing type, but I made a lot of friends real fast. I had a really good time this past year all around.

Clemson has a lot of groups, so it really takes being proactive to get involved. It is also an athletic campus, and a lot of people are actively involved in the sports. It is fun to get really into the football games. At first I thought all the people were crazy for driving their RV's and everyone dressing in orange, but after a year I was right there in the madness.

Freshman year at any college is a great time to meet people. Dorms are always crowded and cramped but making friends that you'll keep for the rest of your life totally makes up for it. For the most party sororities and fraternities stick together but outside of that there are a ton of apartments around campus and there are a lot of get togethers all of the time.

Clemson has a ton of club sports. One of the most popular is ultimate Frisbee. I was on the Rugby team for a few months. Rugby guys are very nice but love to party. Most students leave their doors open to meet new people. If your in a frat or sorority you'll party every weekend. There are a few things to do besides drink on a Saturday night.

The party scene at Clemson helps bring friends together. Greek like, though racially separated, makes Clemson students closer respectively. The cultural events bring people from all walks of life to Clemson so that students can gain awareness about issues bigger than themselves.

I really enjoyed the social event at orientation. The bowling was great apart from the fact that the lanes were really dry. All of the ambassadors were friendly and helpful as well as the administration. The campus is wonderful. The football games are a must.

Club sports and intramurals are huge, as well as spending time at the Hendrix student center or the Fike Recreation Center. Athletic events are huge, larger than guest speakers or theater. Fraternities and sororities are a predominant force on campus.