Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Clemson University is dedicated to its students in many ways, but takes unfair advantage of them using the University bookstore. The University bookstore only buys back select used books, often for 20% or less of the original price. It then sells those used books back for 70% or more of the original price. Freshman are especially taken advantage of, as many common freshman classes require special edition Clemson book packages that can only be found at the University bookstore. Students who pay thousands of dollars per semester for an education deserve better than being ripped off by their own bookstore.

Much of Clemson's extracurricular and social opportunties are based in greek life. Because of this I feel like most of the population revolves around drinking which I am personally not interested in. The fraternities and sororities at Clemson take over and over-shadow the many other clubs we have . In comparason, when researching a new sorority or fraternity at Clemson, it is easy to find information, while trying to find information on a club or team sport is much more difficult much due to the lack of funding for on campus organizations.

I consider the worst thing about Clemson University to be that the wireless internet is horrible in the dorms. The problems with the wireless internet are that you can be sitting in the dorm and you will have extremely slow internet and it will randomly cut out on you. Clemson likes to do the majority of its homework through websites associated with the books. When the Wi-Fi cuts out in the middle of an assignment you can often lose all the work you have done. This can cause a loss in time and energy and makes many people unhappy.

While football maybe exciting, there is too much emphasis placed on the athletic aspect of the school rather than the academic achievements of the school. There aren't many events that occur when there are no home games or even football present. In addition, the lack of focus on research proves to be a detriment of the reputation of the school. Along with football, there's such a huge lack of diversity and for living in the 21st century I still have to deal with rascist remarks I shouldn't have to deal with.

The worst thing about Clemson is it's extremely conservative nature. The students here are mostly in state and have been raised in the bible belt with their parents' political and religious views held tightly. This inhibits personal growth and perspective which should be gained in college. It makes the campus somewhat inaccessible to people seen as outsiders. Others, like myself, are questioned when seen as having different or conflicting world views compared to that of the born south carolinians.

It took me quite some time to try to find an answer to this question. If I had to say anything negative about Clemson University, I'd say the available parking for students on campus could be improved. Clemson is such a high-valued university, and so many students across the nation dream to attend its beautiful campus. The times when classes are the most popular (10:30 am-1:00 pm), it's somewhat difficult to find a parking spot without having to drive around for at least 10 minutes.

If I had to pick the worst thing about my school it would probably be the emphasis of Greek Life. Though Greek Life can be a wonderful thing for a student to be involved with, I personally do not feel it should be a major part of a campus. Sometimes you can feel like if you are not affiliated with one of these organizations that you can't participate in some events that you may want to be a part of and a student should never feel left out for any reason.

The worst thing about my school is the racial tension that can go on here. I mean for the most part it's not a wide-scale problem, but when it is, you definitely know it. It's not always a black/white issue either. Also, I think class structures also affects people because there are a lot of people here with money and they may feel that they are better than those who didn't come from wealthy backgrounds.

It is hard to choose something here at a school that is very bad. The only thing I can think of is the school work load. Here at Clemson we are given a lot work. It is not necessary a bad thing because it challenges us to complete it all and in the end we feel successful. This school wants everyone to succeed so the work load is simply a taste of ow the real world will be, so it is not necessarily bad.

The worst thing about my school is the limited housing on campus, because lately Clemson has been accepting more students than they can accomodate living spaces for. Therefore, If you aren't in a Fraternity, LLC(Living Learning Community), or a RA you aren't entirely certain you will have a place to live on campus. Therefore, I wish Clemson had more housing on-campus for students.