Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

They party alot.

I think the biggest stereotype that Clemson students receive is that we are too preppy and high maintenance. A lot of people view Clemson as being "the white school" or the "the white school with the preppy black kids". Another stereotype that is known about Clemson is that all of the students are extremely smart. One stereotype I discovered was that "all the black students are in engineering". Another stereotype about Clemson is that it is known only for its football program. One last stereotype is that Clemson has a lot of racial issues that are being ignored.

Clemson students are........assumed to be smart, but boring; country; dedicated fans; a huge family; fair weather fans; bad Greek members; show bad sportsmanship; can be unsupportive of other places; don't know their history; athletes have it easy Clemson is......in the middle of nowhere; a boring place to be; not as diverse as the university appears to be; doesn't have a world wide connection; dedicated to the goals of the Board of Trustees; off the map (no one knows where in the hell the campus resides)

Well alot of the people who live in South Carolina, that have never been to Clemson, seem to believe that the whole school is full of rednecks. People seem to think that since USC is in the city, Clemson is the opposite and is all country and redneck. I have also heard that the people at Clemson are stuck up and rich.

Some of the more popular stereotypes that you hear are relating to the agricultural history of Clemson. Many people believe that Clemson are predominately farmers and the typical southern rednecks. Another common stereotype is that Clemson is all about its football team.

We are country and stuck in the moo and dairy school that has a hard time competing with the other schools in the country on all levels. We are one of the best schools for engineering and science in the land. We have a big sense of community and look out for each other.

Clemson students are probably seen as the type of people that typically attend large Southern schools: conservative, raised in church, and active in Greek life. They are seen as very intelligent but maybe too laid back to attend a higher-ranked school.

Some stereotypes about Clemson include the fact that it is a prestigious school, and that the students are all very spirited and tight knit. The student body is like a giant family, and we are all very excited to be at Clemson all the time.

The stereotype is that we are still an agricultural school and we're all rednecks and farmers up here. Most people (USC students) think that Clemson is boring and since it's not a city atmosphere that there's nothing to do for fun.

Because of Clemson's location, the town and the University are viewed as having "country folks". Many people who have never attended Clemson say there is nothing to do because it is a small town as compared to USC in Columbia.