Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Some stereotypes about Clemson (whether or not they are true is up for debate) are that the students are full of themselves because of the fact that they go to Clemson, they party too much, the school is very conservative.

We love supporting our tigers in all areas of our athletics. We have true Clemson tiger pride and strive hard in the classroom. Some may say that we like to party too much though.

Preppy, boys with pink golf shirts and rainbow shoes and girls in dresses. Non diverse (aka all white). Hick school where everyone drives a tractor and talks with an accent.

There is a stereotype that Clemson is boring and unexciting. There are also stereotypes that Clemson students aren't very intelligent or that we are all very southern.

That Clemson students are mostly rednecks and are all from the south. And, because Clemson is located in a small town, people think there is nothing to do.

It's a big agricultural school and everyone who goes here are soon-to-be farmers. I've gotten more than one "do you ride your tractor to campus?"

The Clemson students are stereotyped to be preppy and the "richer" students from South Carolina. Clemson, as a town, is said to be hickish.

That we're all heavy (I mean HEAVY) drinkers. That the girls are all astoundingly gorgeous, and that we are all insane football fanatics.

If you talk to a South Carolina Gamecock they will tell you that Clemson students are nothing but a bunch of country hics.

Nice, friendly Southern students; well put-together; very attractive people; rabid football fans; many rich students