Clemson University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Theodore

1. A stereotype of Clemson students is that they are not very intelligent. Some people think that a University based on an Agricultural education does not stress academics very strongly. 2. Another stereotype is that Clemson students are very involved in student affairs and events.

That they are very clicky in terms of racial groups.

anne

nice, bright people

Greek Life and football games

that we like orange (the color, i mean. not the fruit though i like the fruit myself, too).

party school, wild students, hard to get in

Some stereotypes about Clemson (whether or not they are true is up for debate) are that the students are full of themselves because of the fact that they go to Clemson, they party too much, the school is very conservative.

White kids Party school Football crazy

Some stereotypes about Clemson include the fact that it is a prestigious school, and that the students are all very spirited and tight knit. The student body is like a giant family, and we are all very excited to be at Clemson all the time.

We are country and stuck in the moo and dairy school that has a hard time competing with the other schools in the country on all levels. We are one of the best schools for engineering and science in the land. We have a big sense of community and look out for each other.

Jared

Haven't heard any.

red-neck

Because of Clemson's location, the town and the University are viewed as having "country folks". Many people who have never attended Clemson say there is nothing to do because it is a small town as compared to USC in Columbia.

Preppy southern upper-middle class students.

Nate

I have heard that Clemson is a huge jock school.

The majority of students attending are Ag. Majors. All Clemson students hate the Carolina Gamecocks.

Clemson students are the happiest you will ever meet. Everyone loves where they are and who they are with. The students either all play sports or are HUGE sport fans. We are all dedicated to our work but know how to play even harder.

Preppy, boys with pink golf shirts and rainbow shoes and girls in dresses. Non diverse (aka all white). Hick school where everyone drives a tractor and talks with an accent.

they party all the time, teachers give students their grades unfairly

The Clemson students are stereotyped to be preppy and the "richer" students from South Carolina. Clemson, as a town, is said to be hickish.

Sasha

white, rich, country, 'redneck'

Jimmy

Well alot of the people who live in South Carolina, that have never been to Clemson, seem to believe that the whole school is full of rednecks. People seem to think that since USC is in the city, Clemson is the opposite and is all country and redneck. I have also heard that the people at Clemson are stuck up and rich.

Lorie

That we're a bunch of country nerds who don't know how to have a good time.

-Farm school -Good ole boy school -Football school -Jock school -Boring surroundings

That their no more then a group of degenerate farmers-in-training.

There is a stereotype that Clemson is boring and unexciting. There are also stereotypes that Clemson students aren't very intelligent or that we are all very southern.

big party school, redneck population, big sports school

Toni

Typically Clemson is thought of as a HUGE football school, lots of Greek Life, and lots of Southerners.

Only care about football That it's a typical public university

Stuck up, wealthy, southern gentlemen, party school, Intense Greek life, great football

Wally

Partying, Drinking, Agriculture school

seth

"Sponsored by Ralph Lauren, Rainbow, Sperry, and Costa Del Mar", Uppity at times for no reason.

That Clemson students are mostly rednecks and are all from the south. And, because Clemson is located in a small town, people think there is nothing to do.

Clemson is a football school. It's all about Engineering.

That we're all heavy (I mean HEAVY) drinkers. That the girls are all astoundingly gorgeous, and that we are all insane football fanatics.

Everyone is a red neck.

huge football fans, mostly greek life, all architects or engineers

Stereotypes include that we are country folk that drive trucks and SUV's and our only attraction in Clemson are the cows in fields and rolling countryside.

Hunter

The stereotypes of Clemson students are white, redneck and agricultural. Also, some people stereotype Clemson students as intelligent because of the difficult curriculum.

Liz

I would say a lot of people think that we are backwards and country.

Clemson girls are much more attractive than most. Everyone is a redneck (not true).

Clemson students are........assumed to be smart, but boring; country; dedicated fans; a huge family; fair weather fans; bad Greek members; show bad sportsmanship; can be unsupportive of other places; don't know their history; athletes have it easy Clemson is......in the middle of nowhere; a boring place to be; not as diverse as the university appears to be; doesn't have a world wide connection; dedicated to the goals of the Board of Trustees; off the map (no one knows where in the hell the campus resides)

The biggest stereotype at Clemson it it being called "Moo U."

TJ

If you talk to a South Carolina Gamecock they will tell you that Clemson students are nothing but a bunch of country hics.

Shawn

country hicks

That we walk around barefoot and shirtless and are hillbillies.

Many people think that Clemson is a "party school".

Many think Clemson is a big southern partying school that only cares about sports and having a good time.

nate

southerners rednecks

Bunch of football loving freaks Low diversity, frats, sororities, and farmers Very conservative - lots of conservative bible thumpers