Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Clemson University is situated in a small rural community in upstate South Carolina. Although, students from all fifty states attend this university, the student body is composed primarily of residents of the state of South Carolian, or those states bordering it (i.e. North Carolina, Georgia). The school is well-known for its athletics, namely football, however, there is an intellectual community present on campus, although small. The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is the student with aspirations of winning academic bowls, or debate tournaments. Constant partying deter any possiblity of real academic achievement.

The kind of person I would suggest not attend would be one that is not openminded. While Clemson does not have a particularly diverse population, I have definitely seen diversity increase as my time here continues. Diversity is a big issue at Clemson and not something that needs to be prohibited, but rather encouraged. Also, those in dire need of financial aid might should not attend unless granted many scholarships. Coming from a low-income family I can attest for the struggle that comes from attending Clemson and the stress of wondering how I am going to pay each semester.

As we are surrounded by vagabonds on our daily walk to campus everyday, Berkeley, for any student, is an experience of its own. Being a close-minded person that chooses to live a normal, self-benefitting life is far from the typical student that should attend Cal. Rather, an ideal Cal student should have a zest for wanting to positively impact our society towards progress. This one quality and whatever that indvidual's talents may be will allow that student to truly grasp everything Cal has to offer and utilize everything they have learned to become a impactful person society.

Someone who is not into school spirit, because Clemson is crazy about the sport teams, especially football and basketball! Also someone who is not ready to be pushed out of his or her comfort zone, because that is what college is all about, and it's hard to meet people if you are not willing to be outgoing. I have also found that students who only study all day or students who only party all day will not prosper. Clemson students enjoy working hard and playing hard, and they usually find a good medium.

Someone who is not willing to work hard and take advantage of great opportunities should not attend Clemson. Faculty involvement in the student body is only part of what makes Clemson so great. The student body is exceptional. They are the reason Clemson has become the greatest school in South Carolina. All the opportunities presented must be taken advantage of in order for students to reap the many benefits offered by Clemson. Willingness to work hard is critical to attendance at Clemson.

If you are a person that does not want to succeed in life and make something of yourself then Clemson University is not the school for you. Clemson provides the best for all of their students and prepares them for the outside world which you will live in once you graduate. Graduating from Clemson University with a degree will be one of your greatest accomplishments. So, if you are not motivated to do and become the best that you can be then Clemson University is not the school for you.

People who are very driven should attend this school. One must be very focused and able to handle a lot of work at one time. This school is full of school spirit filled people. It is good to have a social life because it is college but to never let your grades fall behind from doing so. People who attend this school should be open to many cultures and races present on campus. Whomever attends this school should keep their head held high through their whole college expierence.

I think people that attend Clemson are very academically-focused. Most students enjoy the sports aspect of the university because our collegiate sports are so good. Also, alot of people are very sociable and join some type of organization whether it be a fraternity, sorority, club, honor society, etc. Yet, one drawback is that it is very conservative and not very diverse so I don't know if someone who is very culturally diverse should attend.

The person who would feel suffocated in a small town. While there are some things to do off campus (movie theater, hiking, ect.) The towns surrounding Clemson are very small and fo not have a lot going on. Someone who is used to a big city feel, or who wants that, would probably be miserable way out here in upstate South Carolina.

If you hate bright colors, athletics, large groups of people, trees, squirrels, the colors orange or purple in excess, the southern accent, and sweet tea, this is not your school. However, if you do like an odd combination of cultures, sports, and the art of throwing rocks at pretty preppy kids, you might just have fun here.