Clemson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clemson University

Traci

Having grown up in Clemson, the university felt like home even before I was a student. The sense of community is so strong. The energy on campus is always alive. I learned so much from my professors who never judged and always supported me. I am so proud to be an alumnus and will be Solid Orange forever.

Suzanna

Clemson University is an excellent university in many different ways. If you are looking for a place that is full of great community, challenging yet interesting classes, and a wonderful group of students with a passion for learning, then Clemson is the place for you. I am a rising sophomore at Clemson and I absolutely love it there. I will say that it is not perfect, there are some professors that I did not like and the over-emphasis on the football team over everything else was slightly annoying, however, none of these things overshadowed the many things that make this university a great school to attend.

Emmanuel

It is a wonderful school to attend with various opportunities and many friendly faces. The academics is fantastic and mostly easy with easy to reach professors. We are very big on our sports and somedays there will be orange everywhere which you will most likely fall in love with. The people are awesome and the environment has a nice safe feeling compared to other schools.

Tristen

Clemson University is a great school and has a lot to offer its students.

Clemson is Great!

Zoe

I love Clemson! I am from California and was scared I wasn't going to feel like I belonged but I feel so at home here. There are so many organizations and activities, it seems like you would have to go out of your way not to make any friends or find people who are similar to you. Football is a big deal and gamedays are a ton of fun! That being said, it kind of dies down in the spring but it's relaxing to have your weekends back and there's plenty of other stuff to do! There's a good mix of really challenging classes and also some easier ones. We have a good free tutoring system where people who got A's in the class previously sit in on class and then hold tutoring sessions for the class which is really helpful. Most of my professors are approachable and are willing to help outside of class.

William

It is a very diverse and open-minded school. There is flaws as there is in every school. However, the sense of community and family always is apparent. It has a very long way to go before it becomes a five star school in my eyes. However, it is well on its way.

Casey

Clemson is a great school. It is the only school in South Carolina with my major, so that is a plus. And while being sports heavy, Clemson's fine arts program is also quite expansive. I play in the orchestra and the quartet and both groups often play very challenging and wonderful music. It feels up to par with other college-level orchestras, despite Clemson not being known for the art scene.

It is an academically rigorous institution but it is not very diverse and it can be very cliquey.

Keeonu

School seems geared towards certain type of student--particularly the white, Christian, conservative, preppy, rich one. The homogeneity iis readily apparent during the fall and spring semesters. Outside of engineering, academics are unimpressive. Football has far too heavy a presence, especially during fall. There's hardly anything to do since the town is so small--you'll need to go to neighboring cities. Lastly, there's a blind fanaticism within most of the student body and alumni, not unlike Christian fundamentalists. It's kind of creepy.

Clemson University is a fantastic undergraduate institution because of its focus on opportunities for students, its spirited and familial atmosphere, and its reasonable price tag. First and foremost, Clemson is a school that pushes students to grow, both as personal learners and as future professionals. Through the pathway of Creative Inquiries, students are encouraged to join existing research teams or pursue their own interests in research; many Clemson students are published before they even graduate as a result. Looking forward to the future, Clemson provides stellar preparation and networking services through the Clemson Center for Career and Professional Development, ranked 1st in career services by the Princeton Review for 2018. Students are encouraged to take advantage of internships and co-op programs with companies that recruit through the school, and many students do, gaining professional experience (and, oftentimes, job offers) before receiving a diploma. Beyond our academic and professional development, Clemson places a huge emphasis on the idea of Clemson Family. That means that everyone connected to Clemson--students, alumni, faculty, staff, family members, surrounding community members--are all on the same team. We look out for each other because we love Clemson and that's what fellow Tigers do. We have the safest campus according to CollegeStats.org and are ranked 2nd for students who love their college according to the Princeton Review. Not only are we pushed and supported to succeed, and happy to be here, but we also have the pleasure of gaining all of these benefits for a relatively low price tag since Clemson is a public university. For connections, development, and experiences so priceless, Clemson returns more its price tag charges.

Clemson University is my home. Every single professor I have encountered yearns for their students to succeed, they make time for students who cannot make it to office hours and go out of their way to create extra material to aid in studying for exams. The students are incredibly inclusive and everyone is definitely part of the Clemson family. We all care for each other like family members do, and I wouldn't trade my experiences at Clemson for anything.

David

I have work so hard for so many years to achieve my goal to get into clemson. I have seen how hard my momma has worked for me and my older sister. She has put her dreams on hold so we can live our dreams. I have held a 5.0 average in high school and work hard at clemson to get over a 3.0. Hard work will pay off.

Brian

I love the people I have met here and the alumni are great. There is plenty to do here, but you have to be willing to go out and do it. Having a good group of friends is critical I think, but the people are so nice that you don't need to have friends go to school here with you! The school itself has shown to be slightly out of touch with student needs, but my experience has been overwhelmingly positive.

Becca

I love Clemson! There is definitely a family vibe when you come on campus, and everyone is super friendly. Our sports programs are great and if you're not in greek life, there are plenty of other things to do. I would recommend Clemson to any prospective student, go tigers!

Katelyn

Clemson is a good school for the amount you pay in-state. However, I think there is a lot of room for improvement in facilitating resources be spent throughout the educational departments. Further, diversity on campus could be further encouraged, as minorities and other underrepresented student populations are few and far in between. Additionally, though football itself is a great thing, more focus should be spent on channeling profit made from games to other areas to improve Clemson's overall academic image. There are many opportunities offered by the school in the way of research and higher education, but facilities and resources can always be improved.

Jordan

Have you linked arms with a thousand people all at once? That is what it feels like a Clemson University after winning a big game. Everyone in the stands sprints on the field to sing the Alma mater and celebrate together. You find yourself linking arms with friends, parents, alumnae and complete strangers in a mutual excitement and an unwavering solidarity . Being a student at Clemson is like being a part of a family, the Clemson family. Once you visit Clemson, you realize that it is a place like no other. The campus is beautiful, the academics are strong, the people are kind and no matter where you are from in the world, it still manages to feel like home. The campus is very diverse in activities so there is truly a place for everyone. Likewise Clemson has amazing academics and the professors are always really attentive and knowledgeable. The professors really care about their classes and want to see their students excel in the classes that they themselves are so passionate about teaching. There is also no shortage of fun things to do around Clemson, such as the nearby hiking trails, Lake Hartwell and the close proximity to the city of Greenville. You will never get tired of pursuing all of the new restaurants and shops that are available nearby. Additionally, there has been a lot of construction near and around campus that is supporting all of Clemson's growth. This means brand new dorms, academic buildings, athletic facilities and lots of cool new restaurants. This shows that Clemson recognizes how amazing its students are and wants to be be the best that it can be for them, and who doesn't like brand new things?! Clemson is well known for its athletic accomplishments, and is a great school to attend if you are interested in sports. Everyone knows we love football but we also have good basketball, soccer and baseball teams, however no softball team as of yet but there are rumors of one possibly being established soon. No matter what time of year there is always an athletic event to attend, which are always included in tuition so there are no additional fees for student admission! Overall Clemson is an amazing place to be and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to attend this university. I would not want to be anywhere else!

Haylea

I love the atmosphere of encouraging involvement and enhancing education. There are plenty of spaces left open 24 hours in order to obtain easy access and plenty of outdoor activities to be entertained. However, the dorms are below par and the cost is a serious hardship.

Courtney

Overall, Clemson's campus is huge but it is fairly easy to get around once you know where the main buildings are. But even if students have problems with that, there is an app that can be downloaded to help with navigating around campus which is great! I absolutely LOVE Clemson, I am so happy that I decided to go there. I have met some great friends, there is always something to do on campus or near campus. A lot of stores and shops are relatively close to campus which is awesome. The professors are there for the students and they want them to learn and be successful. Clemson is all about their students, and I could not have found a better college to call my home!

Caitlin

Clemson University immediately gives you that college-feel. You'd be surprised how many universities and colleges don't achieve that atmosphere. I absolutely love Clemson's atmosphere: the academics, the sports, the people. There is just a particular caliber of academics here at Clemson. Students genuinely care about their studies, rather than just the social aspect of what college has to offer. There is a nonstop motivation among the students and faculty. I attribute that to the overwhelming school pride. There is not a lack of school spirit and enthusiasm. Of course, winning the national championship in football has something to do with that. Overall, Clemson University is what you hoped college would be like and more.

Brandon

Clemson University is the best school in the world! There is a family atmosphere where everyone cares for one another and helps each other. The sports are amazing, especially the football games. The professors are very knowledgable and make sure the students learn everything that they can, but they're also good friends and mentors to the students. Everything about Clemson is just amazing and I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else.

Airyhana

Clemson puts a lot of effort into both the school and it's students. Clemson is actively continuing to build onto what they already have established. The teachers are nice and the building and dorms are moderately updated. There is a little pub in town and the food is amazing. Clemson is honestly their own little town.

Sammie

As most students at Clemson, I absolutely LOVE this school and everything it stands for. Clemson is the happiest place in the world.

Chelsea

I am a bit biased, since this was my dream school. Holistically, I really love my university. It is a very beautiful campus, not too big nor too small. The academics are hard but rewarding. The professors are great as well. Things such as food and housing could use some work, but with Clemson's credentials it is worth it. There are many fun things to do, and the students, and the people in general are really happy. If you want to come to a great university, and like a challenge, Clemson is for you.

Leah

Choosing Clemson was the best decision I've ever made. I've never been happier than I am here! Everyone here is so sweet and genuine, including the professors. Classes can be a little rough, but the social scene makes up for it! You have the opportunity to get involved in as many (or as few) clubs and organizations as you'd like and if you've never been to a Clemson football game then you're in for a treat.

Christina

Football is really big here and Basketball seems to be getting bigger here as well. Don't get too caught up in all the games and extracurricular activities, because they take the STEM programs very seriously, especially engineering. You get to meet all kinds of friends too!

Jay

A great place for personal and professional growth.

Courtney

Clemson is a great school with many opportunities. Classes are not that large usually and professors keep regular office hours. Football is fun on the weekends and Y Beach is a huge plus. The tiger family is everywhere and the career services center really helps you get a job and makes sure you are interview ready! Come visit and come to Death Valley for a game. It is a ton of fun! Enjoy and GO TIGERS!

Rebekah

I really like the many opportunities you have outside of class to go to different events to get involved or just to relax. Its a fun way to hang out with friends or just to find an excuse to meet new people. I love how the teachers encourage us to do our best and always seem to have our best interest at heart.

Clemson University is located in the upstate of South Carolina in the city of Clemson. We have a huge sense of school spirit and football is everything.

Jake

Clemson is such a great school with a beautiful campus. I enjoyed being able to tour the campus and experience college life while I was there. The academics are excellent and that is what I look forward to. Overall I enjoyed the visit and loved the campus. I cannot wait to be a Tiger.

Clemson is a great school and I have really enjoyed my time there. They have strong academics with relatively small class sizes, the professors I've had have been engaging, and the school spirit is outstanding. On the negative side the parking situation is pretty bad, and the cafeteria food is gross.

William

I think it's great school with a lot of activities that are full of action and entertainment. The atmosphere is lively and very friendly. The peers and teachers are more than wonderful and helpful which is always a very good attribute any individual attending college

Monique

Clemson University is not a very diverse school, so if you're a minority you may feel overwhelmed. Like I did my first year here, but you get used to it. There are times I don't feel safe on campus especially in light of some national events that are happening. The teachers are great, however, and the library is the best place to be. Also, FOOTBALL!

Amy

I'm so glad to be a student here for the 2017-2018 year. Everyone I've met who has anything to do with clemson absolutely loves it. The campus is beautiful, my dorm is brand new, and there are numerous opportunities to take advantage of here. Also, the surrounding area is a vision of natural beauty! Go tigers!

I love my school more than anything. There is such a huge aspect of family surrounding you no matter where you are on campus. Everyone- teachers, students, staff- cares about everyone. Classes are challenging but not impossible. I know that no matter what, Clemson will prepare me for the real world and give me amazing opportunities. I wouldn't want to be at any other school!

Annie

Best place on earth! I am a current student at Clemson and could not be happier with my decision to attend this school. The academics are great, classes aren't too big, and professors make an effort to be accessible. The school spirit is my favorite part, game days can't be beat!

Olivia

I feel right at home at Clemson University. The beauty of the campus and the spirit of the students put me right at ease my freshman year. I love the academics, the professors and the opportunities for growth. Everything is within walking distance. The Clemson fans and alumni are dedicated to the continued success of the University! Go Tigers!!

I love the campus and the people. There are few things that Clemson could improve on such as parking. Clemson has the same issues as most big universities. Like I said there are parking issues, the food isn't the greatest; however, professors are easily accessible and it is easy to get involved in social activities.

Christopher Shumard

Overall Clemson is an excellent school. The academics are sharp with an outstanding body of instructors. Clemson is a college town with many services and activities available to students. On campus and off campus housing is expensive like any other college. Food is good but it is still dining hall food. Like all colleges, there is a problem with drugs and alcohol, though it is not rampant.

I absolutely love the atmosphere that Clemson has to offer. The students and faculty are all very friendly and there is always something going on to keep you busy, on campus. The professors do a very well job of preparing you with as much knowledge as they can offer you.

sydney

Clemson is a school where the students really matter. I feel that I truly belong here at Clemson and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way. The school spirit and pride in our school is something that you won't find anywhere else, we are all a family here. I am so happy I made the choice to attend Clemson and if I had the opportunity I would choose it over and over again!

cameron

Clemson University offers a highly academic environment and a very friendly campus. Students are very friendly and welcoming. Most students will make efforts to help another. The university is large but feels quite small. There is a distinct "homey" feel. The campus is beautiful, including the buildings, the landscaping, and the stadium. The game day atmosphere is amazing and cannot be beaten! The campus is very well-maintained and always clean. The Dean's of the colleges are involved. Clemson students have wonderful opportunities to participate in study-abroad, paid internships, and co-ops. Clemson is a great place to learn and receive your education!

Rachael

I think Clemson offers a great overall experience. The classes are challenging, however, professors are available during regular office hours and always by email. We have fantastic school spirit as well as academic integrity. Everyone is helpful, the academic support system is well known and works! Everyone is willing to offer support , current students, advisors, mentors, tutors, and professors.

Sydney

Clemson University is an incredible school. I just completed my first year there and I loved every second of it. I never really understood the saying "there's something in these hills" until I got to Clemson- but I truly know that there definitely is something in these hills. Every student is kind and truly passionate about what they are pursuing and active in. There are plenty of different opportunities for people to get involved in, and it is truly an amazing thing for people to gather on Saturdays and watch our favorite football team play the sport they love. The community I have at Clemson is truly inspiring- there are so many different individuals of all different backgrounds but we all come together and make up the Clemson Family. Being a member of the Clemson Family is rewarding and fun, and it truly is a privilege to be able to attend such a great university. The education I have received this far at Clemson has been incredible. The professors are kind and always work to help and meet the needs of students. When I started my education at Clemson, I truly developed a passion for learning- a passion that is different than anything I ever had before. The professors really appreciate when students come by to meet and discuss things during their office hours, and it is never a nerve-wracking experience as many people would think. Both professors and students do their respective jobs, but at the end of the day we all respect each other and gather together as the Clemson Family.

Hayden

Clemson is probably the top research school in state of South Carolina with amazing academic programs that are very competitive. The sports are amazing and campus spirit is top notch. Clemson students rate among happiest in the nation. A Clemson degree is also one of the best for the money. Great investment in your future!!

Trenton

I love Clemson University.

Corri

Trying to describe Clemson University is like trying to describe what your favorite food tastes like, or what your favorite song sounds like. One can go into an infinite amount of detail such as the neighborly atmosphere on game day or the delightful aroma on the 4th floor of Cooper library; however, no matter how much you describe it, one cannot truly understand the greatness of it until you are actually there. Clemson University is home. I believe that it is one of the greatest schools in the country.

I love it here. The campus is beautiful and my fellow students are extremely happy overall. The education here is second to none with my department having a 100% employment rate last year. Off campus housing definitely beats on campus housing for what you get according to the price. Come here you won't regret it.

Lindsey

Clemson University is a great place for anybody to attend. There are students from all different backgrounds and cultures which makes it a unique campus to be apart of. Academics are top priority and it's a place that challenges you to be better. Sports and extracurriculars are also a bid deal & provides lots of opportunities to be involved.