Shelby, NC
Cleveland Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cleveland Community College

Alexis

I think CCC is a place to get a good education and still be able to work while getting my degree. I really like the community college opportunity. While taking classes on campus and online I can participate in study groups when I am not working . I am able to incorporate my studies in the outside work I do. I really appreciate the diversity as well.

Haley

I believe Cleveland community college, is a very good school. They are very helpful when it comes to registering for classes. The teachers are available through email, and easy to contact. The campus is easy to navigate, and there is always help when needed.

My overall rating of Cleveland Community College was four stars. The college offers a beautiful campus and for the most part it is all updated. The atmosphere there is pretty laid back. I always felt safe no matter if what time I was roaming around campus. The majority of the teachers were easy to get along with and made class enjoyable, however I did have a couple classes i dreaded going to everyday just because of the teacher morale.

Carlos

I attended Cleveland Community Colege from 2016 through 2018. Enrolling and becoming actively engaged at the community college has been beneficial to my academic and personal growth. The main reason students attend the college is to save money. The cost of tuition is substantially less compared to four-year university. Completing an Associates degree is 1/4 of the cost of the first two years at a university. The courses offered at the college are at the same standard as the ones offered at a four-year school. The student to professor ratio is similar to a high school classroom. This allows students to succeed who may have trouble in auditorium style classes. Many of the insturctors are willing to help students after class who may have trouble understanding material understands material that they are confused on. I would recommend attending Cleveland Community College for those that wish to attend a university but currently to do not have the financial mean.

Charley

Dear 17 year old self, I know it's senior year and senioritis is hitting hard but keep working and finish strong. You can do it. That math class that you hate, try your best and pay attention, you will be glad you did when you have to take college math. The papers you get back, read the note's your teacher made and learn from your mistakes so that you will not make the same ones in college. Take ownership of your work, you are not hurting anyone but yourself when you do things half heartedly. When you get to college there is not going to be anyone there to make you do your work. You are an adult now and it's completely up to you whether you go to class and get your work done or not. The grades you make are also completely up to you. I know you are excited about this freedom but with freedom comes great responsiblity. Don't get to college and waist your money by not doing your best at everything. Get in there and work as hard as you know how and don't be afraid to ask for help.

I wish that my advisor would have explaned to me how to space out my classes for the two years that I'm here so that I wound not have to take 21 credits my last semester. Explaining that I have to take these courses before I can take others would have been really helpful.

Cleveland community college is really best for someone that wants to get a fast degree and go straight to the work force or wants to tansfer to a four year university.

Anna Marie

The faculty here are passionate about what they do, and are extremely personable. They truly care about their students' success and are constantly working to offer them advice, encouragement, and academic opportunities in order to help them be their best.

If I could go back in time and offer some advice to my high school senior self, I would encourage myself to not be afraid to take risks and begin pursuing my dreams! It's in my nature to worry about the future and about making mistakes throughout my college journey, but I would remind myself that things usually work out for the better, and even the experiences we might see as "bad" often turn out to be the experiences that shape us as an individual and encourage us to keep on growing. Rather than taking the "safe" class choices, I'd focus a little more on the ones I was interested in. I would remind myself to get involved more early on!

I brag about the instructors that have created positive, fun learning environments in my favorite classes. My instructors have inspired me, and I love learning what they have to teach me. I also brag about the quality extracurricular activities available for competitive students, including student government and several honor societies. They have added to my community college experience and motivated me to become an even stronger, more competitive student.

Chelsey

If I could go back in time, to my highschool self, I would explain a few things about college life. The first things I would say, is yes, college is hard. It requires a lot of work, time and effort. Will college be the hardest thing ever in life? No. Does college require you stressing over every detail as a senior in highschool, no. In college, you transfer into becoming an adult, and becoming an adult is great, but do not let it go to your head. Enjoy your senior year, do not let stress and anxiety get the best of you. Odds are you will change your major, and even schools, so do not think all future circumstances are predictable. Life is not predictable, and neither is your college experience. So learn now to work hard, and enjoy life, and take that philosphy with you to college. Remember everything happens for a reason, but stay true to yourself, do not let other dictate who you are, or where you will go. Life is full of oppurtunities, make the most of them.

At the begining of each semester, the line to get your books is crazy, that process is very slow.

How well the online classes are ran, the flexibility of the schedules, and the diverse group of peopl you get to meet.

Kristopher

Cleveland Community College is a nice school where the teachers here strive to make you a better/smarter student through cooperation and advice, and here I get a good taste of the college life.

If I could go back and tell myself what I know now, I would tell myself, and even other seniors, to put your schooling first. Know what you want to do and where you want to go in life. Don't just persue something just because it sounds fun or because your best friend or boyfriend/girlfriend is doing it. Do what's best for you and follow your passion. Don't forget to do your work. If you don't do the work, not only will your grades suffer, but you won't be able to learn what you could have. No matter what, persevere. Do not let anything get in your way or prevent you from doing your best. If the first semester doesn't go the way you plan, its okay. There's nowhere to go but up. Do not procrastinate. If you do, you'll most likely just end up not doing it. Apply for scholorships. They're not hard, especially the ones you can apply for right hear in your own high school. Look for a college that fits your needs, and do not follow the crowd. Remember, nothing is impossible. Now get started!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that since it is a community college, I have to ride there and back home everyday. I do not have a license or own a vehicle, so I had to find rides nearly everyday. My mom takes me, but I had to find an alternative ride home. My mom works 2nd shift and left for work at around 2:30pm. Luckily, I had someone willing to take me home everyday for $10 a week. This semester most of my classes end before she leaves, so she can bring me home.

Daniel

I would have to say that it is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make, simply because it will affect the rest of your Life. It is something that you must prepare yourself for because there is a lot of freedom so you will need to discipline yourself. Begin to prioritize your Life, keep a planner with you, write down everything you need to do, and stick to your schedule. Try to also keep up with current events, always know whats going on not just locally but all over the world so you can bring something fresh to your class. The more you know the better off you will be. Make sure you set apart a time everyday for you to be by yourself, this will give you a chance to think about all that you've learned. Make sure to study everyday that way you will not be overwhelmed when the Final comes. Make sure you try to help others because its a skill that you will use out in the real world when you have a job.

Cleveland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.